PDA

View Full Version : Some words of wisdom

Cavalier
02-09-2004, 09:20 PM
A well-known

speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, \"Who would like this

$20 bill?\" Hands started going up. He said, \"I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do

this. He proceeded to crumple the $20 dollar bill up. He then asked, \"Who still wants it?\" Still the hands were

up in
the air. Well, he replied, \"What if I do this?\" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it

into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. \"Now, who still wants it?\" Still the

hands went into the air.

My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the

money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we

are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We

feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your

value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you. The worth of

our lives comes not in
what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE.

You are special - Don\'t EVER forget

it.\"

Count your blessings, not your problems. Never be afraid to try something new. And remember: amateurs

built the ark ...professionals built the Titanic.

apple
02-09-2004, 09:25 PM
great post!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

phmmiracles
02-11-2004, 03:31 AM
i agree

great post nice words of wisdom, just one tiny problem with crumpled money analogy though, he said ur value will

never depreciate from those who LOVE u no matter how stomped into the ground u r, he\'s assuming we can all find

someone who will love us as much as those audience of his love money!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif