PDA

View Full Version : Study Against None

bjf
02-08-2004, 09:38 AM
The famous study in which

women only responded neutrally or slightly favorably to none when they were ovulating - If my understanding is

correct, they were just commenting on the scent (?). During the rest of their cycle, they judged the scent

unfavorably.

Whether they conciously like the scent or not has nothing to do with how they subconsciously

react to it. I\'ve read a post from perhaps Irish??? that None is shown to light the sexual area of the brain.

Sorry if it wasn\'t you Irish, but it was someone who is pretty reliable.

If that is true, I think that is

all the proof one needs in backing None as an attractant, as long as it is coupled with something that sends out a

stability or comforting signal (A1, Wagg, Nol).

DrSmellThis
02-08-2004, 12:51 PM
It wasn\'t

that they were responding to the scent, but that the dosage was neither controlled, nor applied to an actual person

in those studies, if I remember correctly. So that evidence was inconclusive.

Irish
02-09-2004, 09:06 AM
The study you refer

to about noticeable brain effects had to do with A1, not none.

The none study that tested women\'s opinion of

the smell of none tested it at high concentrations directly under their noses - this situation would not occur in

normal human interaction. I would also like to know more about potential subconscious effects of none, but I

haven\'t found much. There is an unpublished work suggesting hormonal effects, but that study is very shaky. All

the action these days seems to be focused on A1 since it gives such dramatic effects under brain scan.

bjf
02-09-2004, 09:27 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
The study you refer to about noticeable brain

effects had to do with A1, not none.

The none study that tested women\'s opinion of the smell of none tested it

at high concentrations directly under their noses - this situation would not occur in normal human interaction. I

would also like to know more about potential subconscious effects of none, but I haven\'t found much. There is an

unpublished work suggesting hormonal effects, but that study is very shaky. All the action these days seems to be

focused on A1 since it gives such dramatic effects under brain scan.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

A) What is the holdup in Erox creating a PMS product? The stand to make a ton of money.

B)

Just because the scent of none is bad to women has no bearing on the potential physiological reactions it evokes.

Given the fact that many who can\'t smell it at all witness changes in their own mood from none, I think it is

safe to say that some type of physological reaction is occuring.

Thanks Irish

DrSmellThis
02-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Perfumers know

well that many of the things that smell best to people smell the worst at high concentrations! (e.g., civet) So the

fact that concentrated -none smells badly is not negative.