PDA

View Full Version : OLD fragrance Alter Ego

Bruce
02-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Anyone interested

in keeping this product going? We finally ran out a week or so ago, and there hasn\'t been a major outcry so far.

We can special order it if there is enough interest, but we were thinking of letting it go based on the mail we

have gotten so far.

What say ye?

Bruce

Holmes
02-04-2004, 10:43 AM
I, for one,

say yay.

But, alas, I am only one.

Holmes

BassMan
02-04-2004, 10:55 AM
I\'m using

it. The new fragrance gets in the way.

Bass

CptKipling
02-04-2004, 11:00 AM
How about

unscented?

CJ01
02-04-2004, 11:02 AM
how about AE

without any fragrance at all? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Holmes
02-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Or how about

if they made AE, but they didn\'t add a fragrance to it?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes

CJ01
02-04-2004, 11:34 AM
smartass

Holmes
02-04-2004, 11:46 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just joking.

Holmes

Bruce
02-04-2004, 09:13 PM
CJ and

Holmes,
That was really cute. I had to have a good laugh there.

OK, so which do you think would sell best:

Old fragrance
2. Unscented
3. No added fragrance :-)

I even have a name for the new product picked out

already: Altered Beagle
Catchy, don\'t you think?

B

Sagacious1420
02-04-2004, 09:48 PM
I

personally love the new fragrance and, although I haven\'t had any problems w/ a scent clash in my phero/cologne

mixes yet, it would be great to have the option of an unscented version also. If the only option was one or the

other, then give me the new fragrance.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I know I said nothing regarding the old

fragrance at all, but that\'s because I prefer the new one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DrSmellThis
02-05-2004, 01:26 AM
The old

AE is THE only mixable one, and can be layered on the body due to it\'s powdery, light musk scent. It smells good,

very mellow. It mixes well with almost anything, including sandalwood. With the other one you\'re stuck with one

very present cologne smell all the time. I don\'t understand the controversy.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sagacious1420
02-05-2004, 01:54 AM
What

controversy?

platinumfox
02-05-2004, 03:55 AM
Bruce

can you tell me which of the Alter Egos smells like baby powder?

Holmes
02-05-2004, 06:23 AM
Unscented AE

would be nice.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Altered Beagle Catchy.

Holmes

jose
02-05-2004, 07:07 AM
You know I like

the smell of the original AE (in the clear glass bottle). I don\'t know what the new fragrance smells like, but if

I had to choose it would be unsented.

bjf
02-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Haven\'t

smelled old AE, but the new smell is tremendous when worn standalone. I think it is better than most cover scents,

and you do not need a cover.

If you are making mixes, however, I could see the need for unscented.

I have AFA.

That is 1:1 None:Nol I believe, and it is unscented. Despite the presence of none in it, I can say that there is

little stink, and most of the smell is the carrier. Since rone does not smell too bad, I bet an unscented AE

wouldn\'t have much of a smell either.

Bruce
02-05-2004, 08:10 AM
The ORIGINAL

old AE (the clear glass) was an organic citrus/floral thing; very simple blend, not really a cologne in the normal

sense of the word. The brown glass version of that was a commercial reproduction of that original fragrance, and I

don\'t think I have ever sampled that stuff actually, but that is what we would be able to special order and

probably what most of you know as the \"old\" AE. The new AE is a complex fragrance which though it is a

full-blown cologne has proven to be very very popular. Apples and oranges. Both very nice but very very

different.

B

CptKipling
02-05-2004, 09:29 AM
My vote is

to get rid of old AE and make an unscented version.

The only reason I would buy old AE because the scent is easy

to cover, so surely unscented AE solves that problem.

Kari
02-05-2004, 10:44 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Haven\'t smelled old AE, but the new smell is

tremendous when worn standalone. I think it is better than most cover scents, and you do not need a cover.

If

you are making mixes, however, I could see the need for unscented.

I have AFA. That is 1:1 None:Nol I believe,

and it is unscented. Despite the presence of none in it, I can say that there is little stink, and most of the

smell is the carrier. Since rone does not smell too bad, I bet an unscented AE wouldn\'t have much of a smell

either.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I think I have the new AE.... because I bought my bottle

a few months ago. But,I LOVE the scent! I would be disappointed, if only unscented was available.

oscar
02-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Bruce,

I\'m a big fan of old AE. The only reason I haven\'t been more vocal in its support has been that

I\'ve selfishly always hoped that there would be a bottle or two of it left for me to buy when I next run out.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

When the fragrance change was announced I stocked up on the old

fragrance buying three bottles at one point and another two later. Having almost three full bottles left, I can\'t

promise that I\'m going to be ordering it any time in the very near future, but when the time does come I\'d

really like to know that I can replenish my supply.

I have one opened bottle of what I believe to be the

\"original\" old scent which is slightly more pronounced than the subsequent \"old\" scent, one opened bottle of

the second old scent, and one sealed bottle of what I assume is also the second old scent.

I\'ve never actually

gotten a whiff of the new AE fragrance, but since I have two products which employ the same fragrance base (Rogue

Male and One Night Stand) I think I can safely say that I would definitely prefer to buy the old scent over the new.

It\'s not that I don\'t like the new scent, but like the Doc I enjoy the flexibility of using other fragrances

with AE that the subtlety of the old scent allows.

So log one more vote for keeping a supply of the old scent

AE.
An unscented AE would be my second choice, but a far distant second.

By the way, the style of bottle

doesn\'t necessarily determine what scent lies within. Stone changed the fragrance from the original old scent to

the second old scent while still packaging it in the clear glass, flat top bottles with the paper label. Then they

changed the packaging to the amber dropper top bottle with the gold foil label while still producing the second

scent version. Then they changed the fragrance.
So if you have a flat top clear bottle it could be either the

original or second scent, and if you have the amber dropper top it could be either the second or new scent.
I even

once received a \"mutant\" bottle (of second scent) that was in a clear flat top with the gold foil label.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
02-05-2004, 12:46 PM
CJ and Holmes,
That was really cute. I had to have

a good laugh there.

OK, so which do you think would sell best:
1. Old fragrance
2. Unscented
3. No added

fragrance :-)

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> I vote for No2 but No 3 sounds good too. I just

canĀ“t decide right now sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rakesh
02-05-2004, 12:47 PM
I would say

unscented because I love the alchemical business around:)

abductor
02-05-2004, 01:08 PM
CJ and Holmes,
That was really cute. I had to

have a good laugh there.

OK, so
:
1. Old fragrance
2. Unscented
3. No added fragrance :-)

I even have

a name for the new product picked out already: Altered Beagle
Catchy, don\'t you think?

B

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Poll..Poll.. Poll

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<FORM METHOD=POST

ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\"

VALUE=\"1076011695abductor\">

which do you think would sell best ?
<input type=\"radio\"

name=\"option\" value=\"1\" />Old fragrance
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"2\" />New

fragrance
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"3\" />Unscented
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit

VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

Quorum
02-05-2004, 06:16 PM
I agree,

unscented AE would be great.

In the meantime, I\'m thinking about going for a bottle of P10, even if it\'s

gonna cost me an arm and a leg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Correct me if I\'m wrong, but I

understand it\'s very close to the same formula as AE. P10 is also made by Stone Labs, right?

Or maybe I\'ll

just go for AFA, which I\'ve gotten good results from and smells great (I mean, it doesn\'t smell at all, which

is great). But I\'d prefer an unscented AE.

Holmes
02-05-2004, 06:36 PM
AE is more of

an even mix than P10. P10 contains less -rone in proportion to the amounts of -none and -nol.

What about adding a

little CS -rone to the AFA?

Holmes

HB_88
02-05-2004, 09:49 PM
I like the scent of the new AE much better. However, there was at least one good thing about the old AE for those

of us who work in \"scent-free\" offices: it smells just like hand soap. Think of the possibilities....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HB_88

bundyburger
02-09-2004, 03:18 PM
I\'ve

just ordered a top up of AE, but in the future would buy an unscented version of it for sure.
I have a good choice

of colognes here now and don\'t need a provided fragrance.

If Oscar and DrSmellThis are using the Old scent

because it mixes well then I\'m sure an unscented one could fulfill the same purpose.

OCP
02-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I\'ve just ordered a top up of AE, but in the

future would buy an unscented version of it for sure.
I have a good choice of colognes here now and don\'t need

a provided fragrance.

I am in the same boat here. I have

aquired some nice scents that I really like and want to just mix AE with them.

markus
02-13-2004, 09:06 PM
so where does

it stand? what was decided?
is there a chance of an unscented AE somewhere in the (near) future?

DrSmellThis
02-14-2004, 06:54 AM
I agree

with Oscar, obviously. The old one adds something to your smell as a layer, but leaves room for other things. (e.g.,

sandalwood, EO\'s, musks, animal stuff) It is a note you can add to yourself. That is more my style, as every day

I layer things to get a unique effect. The old AE is a flexible \"role player\". Also the old AE smelled a bit

more natural than the new one, which is a typical shopping mall synthetic cologne. The idea of smelling like the

same average cologne every day to get my 3 pheros bores me. But that\'s just me.

But it sounds like both

fragrances have their loyal adherents, which is not a bad thing for Stone, I should think.

I don\'t even

know if the old AE is available any more. I don\'t think most folks have even smelled it.

oscar
02-14-2004, 09:01 AM

\"....But it sounds like both fragrances have

their loyal adherents, which is not a bad thing for Stone, I should think.

I don\'t even know if the old AE is

available any more. I don\'t think most folks have even smelled it.\" - DrSmellThis

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Bruce,

I think this is an important point. At the risk of sounding

self-serving in terms of presenting my case, I would submit that in the poll above, many of the votes for an

unscented AE were cast by users who have never had a chance to sample the old AE, and may thus essentially be votes

against the new fragrance.

Personally I would doubt that many (if any) of the regular users of the old AE would

vote for an unscented version over the old scent, but an unscented AE IS something that should be considered. (A

concentrated unscented AE additive and a shelf-strength unscented AE with vegetable glycerine were the first two

things I whipped up when I got the Chem Set back in November

\'01)
http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB4&amp;Number=717

9&amp;fpart=&amp;PHPSESSID= (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB4&amp;Number=7179&amp;f

part=&amp;PHPSESSID=\")

I fully agree with the Doc on his evaluation of the old scent of AE. Its subtle

fragrance seemed to blend amiably with any other fragrance I ever used, while somehow totally covering AE\'s phero

content when used on its own.

If I\'ve held back on singing the praises of old AE based solely on my selfish

desire to conserve the ever dwindling existing stock, (and I HAVE!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) then SHAME ON ME!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I should have been honest and told people what I really

thought.
I should have been telling everone all along how WONDERFUL old AE is.
I APOLOGIZE for acting SO contrary

to the spirit of Brotherhood and Sisterhood that the Pheromone Forum stands for.

Go ahead! ELIMINATE the old

scent AE!

I don\'t DESERVE to wear the BEST DAMNED PHEROMONE PRODUCT THAT THERE EVER WAS !!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

upsidedown
02-14-2004, 09:43 AM
I\'ve

never said anything about the old scent because I was just under the impression that it was gone

forever.

But, I voted the old scent as my choice. I do like the new scent AE at times as well. But, I can

only repeat what Oscar and Dr. S.T. have said. The old scent was so very subtle that it didn\'t clash with

anything else you might want to wear...or was fine on its own while still covering the phero smell in the product

(what little there is.) In a way I sort of did think of the old AE as an \"unscented\" product when compared to

all the others. It was so subtle that it could be worn by itself in environments where a scent was

inappropriate.

If I were advising Stone Labs (and they should be thankful I\'m not), I\'d tell them to

replace the current AFA formula with an unscented AE phero mix. Then, it could be the new \"fragrance additive\"

product, but include -rone which they don\'t have now.

I have some very fond memories of the old AE.....I

would have to say that it gave me some of my best and most memorable hit reactions.....ahh....I think I\'ll

reminisce a bit.....

oscar
02-14-2004, 10:14 AM
usd,

I

didn\'t get to vote in that poll.
When I tried, I got the following message:

\"We already have a vote for

this poll from this IP address.\"

Such is the plight of the AOL user on these forums. We are randomly assigned

\"pool IP\'s\" and if someone has already voted using the one you\'re on, you\'re shut out of the process.

That\'s why I jacked up my soapbox a couple of notches.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bundyburger
02-14-2004, 02:13 PM
I got

the Chem set primarily for the same reason. To make unscented SoE and AE/m.

CptKipling
02-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Deep

breaths Oscar, deep breaths /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MOBLEYC57
02-16-2004, 10:34 AM
So

Bruce....what\'s cooking in the AE pot? Unscented? Old scent? New scent only? What?

Thankya!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

upsidedown
03-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Bump.

Any final verdict on this? Or is the lack of any more news an indication that they\'re sticking with

only the current scent of AE?

jose
03-28-2004, 04:39 AM
I\'m curious to

find out to, will you sell the unscented or scented products? AE is my favorite, and its got me a couple of sexual

hits the first time I used it.

MOBLEYC57
03-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce! Come out an playay! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cuddlebear
03-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Add my

name to those who would prefer old AE, based on the descriptions I\'ve read ... I will admit that I haven\'t

tried any of the AEs yet, but I usually prefer subtle musks to out-and-out colognes ...

SyraBrian
03-29-2004, 10:32 AM
I\'m

all in favor of making more of the old, brown glass version of Alter-Ego. It\'s very understated, plus I\'m just

about out of the brown glass AE that I have.

I like to buy new products, but when I find a version of a product

I like, I tend to want to stick with it.

bigdog
03-29-2004, 10:35 AM
I\'d like

to try old too. I\'d get a bottle of each. I\'m more intrigued about the Big Bang hitting this week foremost

though.

camusflage
03-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Can

someone compare and contrast the old and the new scents? I guess I\'ve got the old one (bought from another site

in the amber glass). I\'m curious what the new one smells like.

My description of the old: Soap. I can\'t

tell which one, as I\'ve only used shower gels for three years now. Irish Spring, Zest, one of the mainstream

ones. I like it, but it\'s a bit much for some of my colognes, though it goes with citrus/woody ones just fine.

Phantom
03-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Bruce, just

make a AE that doesn\'t tip over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif lol

cuddlebear
03-29-2004, 04:16 PM
I have

always loved the smell of a good soap .. if the old AE really smells anything like a good soap then I am even more

emphatically voting for the old AE!!!

DefconX3
03-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Bruce, just make a AE that doesn\'t tip over

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif lol

Haha,

lost half of my bottle by that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Now im realllllly careful.

JB
03-31-2004, 06:52 AM
the old ae\\m is

definitely one of the best and flexible. please don\'t discontouine. it would be a real shame to end such a great

product. I\'ve gotten the best hits w/ ae/m.

watcher27944
12-02-2004, 06:51 AM
All I have ever smelled is

the amber bottle so I would have to go with the unsented.

MOBLEYC57
12-02-2004, 03:07 PM
"Rain drops keep falling on my

head." Is the mic on? :run:

miyazaki
12-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Please, please keep the 'Old

Alter Ego'! It was my first phero product and after i tried it the first time i said to myself i will continue

buying this forever, as long as its available. The new AE is too sweet for me, sort of 'Grandma-ish', ha. The old

AE was much more subtle and musky, delicate and smooth. I won't buy the new AE anymore, (well i might), and for me

it is superior to Chikara and Perception, which comes off more rancid, though they are great products. Yes I

realize the phero formulation is un-changed but the fragrance is very important obviously, and the new AE fragrance

has almost ruined this product for me. Must keep the old! I just hope that I am not too late to add my opinion in

concerning the change with this product. Great site, great forum, thanks so much. Peace...