PDA

View Full Version : The Dating Game

krtel
02-01-2004, 02:13 PM
I just broke up with my

girlfriend. Yes, in this relationship, I was the one to end it, not the girl. I guess one might say this typical,

for breakups to happen. I\'d agree. What I don\'t understand, is that how some women can live their lives with a

severe lack of integrity. The girl I was dating swore that she loved me and would love me \"forever\". Her actions

reinforced her words, until I instantly knew something was wrong. So one day I ran into her mother. Because it was a

new relationship (2 months) I hadn\'t been introduced to her yet, so she didn\'t know who I was. Thinking that I

was only a friend of her daughter, she established a conversation and she mentioned that her daughter had a

boyfriend that she had been seeing for 6 months, and was surprised that she never mentioned it to me. I broke up

with my now ex-gf later on that day.

Funny, because at one point, I recall actually loving this girl. Where are

all of the good ones? I guess no one can really be trusted these days.

belgareth
02-01-2004, 03:43 PM
There are plenty

of good women who can be trusted. Don\'t let one experience make you bitter. Are you really ready to commit

yourself to one woman and settle down? Give it time and enjoy yourself.

Friendly1
02-01-2004, 03:52 PM
A lot of girls

string 2 or 3 guys along, keeping their options open. You have to take it in stride and learn to keep YOUR options

open until you\'re both ready to commit.

She might have been grooming you to replace the 6-month boyfriend.

She might have just wanted a little extra attention. Sounds like you lost her interest somewhere along the way, so

it was good that you did the breaking up. Don\'t be surprised if she comes back. She may not, but don\'t be

surprised if she does.

apple
02-01-2004, 03:53 PM
wow im really sorry to

hear that happened to you

i know now it seems like there really arent any good people left out there, but there

are really! you just have to keep looking. I thought there wernt any great guys left, but ive found one who i

totally trust and know wouldnt cheat on me. sometimes it just takes patience, trust, and sadly alot of heartbreaks

before you find someone great

Icarus
02-01-2004, 04:05 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Where are all of the good ones?

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

In my back yard. They refuse to leave.

And I refuse to buy a

timeshare...

But they say that comprimise is the basis of any good relationship.

Steve

Elana
02-01-2004, 04:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
In my back yard. They refuse to leave.

And I

refuse to buy a timeshare...

But they say that comprimise is the basis of any good relationship.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I would like to take you and keep you, but I wouldn\'t keep you in my

backyard.

Elana
02-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Sorry babe. It does

suck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif