PDA

View Full Version : FRIENDS

manchorito
01-31-2004, 08:48 PM
Yep, it is another sappy post

by your favorite manchorito, me...

As you know, I am a young high school student, and thus, I am very

inexperienced in life. Most of you other posters are older, and have gone through this stupid phase I\'m in. So, I

need help on what kind of friends I should have. Right now, I am in the so called \"popular\" group in school, but

I\'m not real sure they are the friends for me. Because, in school I am cool with them, but when I need someone to

hang out with on the weekends, they never are there for me. Plus, I don\'t have a best friend out of all this

group. I mean, I thought this is what I wanted, because I didn\'t used to hang out with this group, and when I go

home every night, and I am less happy than I was at the start of the night, I guess that is a sign that this is not

for me. But the only reason I started to hang out with these people was to get with the girls, because they get the

most beautiful girls in the school, and yet, I have come up short multiple times in getting a girl of my own. Does

anybody have advice?

Bruce
02-01-2004, 02:26 AM
Mancho,

It is hard to say

without being there to see what is actually going on, but I do know that the so called \"cool guys\" will often

merely tolerate a quasi-member whom they don\'t really respect if he sucks up to them sufficiently. From my point

of view it seems a sad way of life. I would find other guys to hang out with. There are jerks and phonies at every

stratta of society. Up thru middle school I just fell in with my local crowd of goons, was always the low man on

the totem pole and hated it. I never realized life could be any different. Then one fine day, out of exhaustion I

drifted out of the pack and found a few good/real friends here and there.

Think quality not quantity and look for

folks who treat you with some respect. Just forget about the \"cool\" factor entirely and look for friends with

some sense of right and wrong. It might be a little tricky changing gears for a while, but I think you will find

there are plenty of nice women who are looking for a decent human being to hang out with. Remember, women tend to

mature faster than men, even if they don\'t always show it. They don\'t always fall for the jerk in the hair

gel. Be the decent human being who hangs with a couple of true friends and I bet you dollars to doughnuts

you\'ll get a great gf.

B

EXIT63
02-01-2004, 04:08 AM
Forget those stupid high

school girls.

Go find yourself an older woman.

She will rock your world like no teenybopper could ever dream

of.

Gossamer_2701
02-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Manchorito...

Take

it from someone who fit in with pretty much every clique in HS,and had a number of friends from each.... they will

all dissapear for one reason or another over the years ahead. You will meet the \'core\' group of people that

you are supposed to meet and remain close friends with. Just trust your gut.... it will never lie to you!! Teach

yourself to judge people on how they treat you, as well as others... just b/c they treat you well enough, doesn\'t

mean that they treat others the same way. Look for friends that are kind and generous with most people, and then

you\'ll KNOW that they have your back when you really need them.

I just turned 31, and have cleaned out all of

the \'dead wood\' over the last few years, and the small group that remain, are the ones that I would have

trusted my life with back in HS.
But it is HS, and you can play around with(and even use to your advantage

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) the fake friends all you want, just throw away those not worthy of

your friendship... and keep those rare few that you can see truly have your back

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Goss

apple
02-01-2004, 09:46 AM
ok now from the geeks point of

view /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was a huge looser in school, the \"popular\" kids picked

on me all the time cause i was a too tall too skinny girl who likes video games, anime and computers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif the teachers all liked me and the cheerleaders couldnt stand me.

But i had some CLOSE friends, we\'d always be there for eachother when it really mattered, and id always see the

popular ones picking on even eachother. Now that im out of highschool, its great! Im still close with my friends, i

can be my geeky game lovin self and men think thats hot lol! i can be too tall and find men taller

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

point is be yourself! find people like you, people you can be

close with, have common interests and hang out with after school, weekends, whenever! Popular people tend to think

too much about themselves (yes there are always some who are genuinely nice true im talking generally) and they

probably wont stick around the second you dont go to that school anymore.

then again you could wait till

university/college. they\'re great for meeting TONS of amazing people with the same interests as you. but since

you\'re in highschool now, i think ya should take the advice from everyone you think will work best for you

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
02-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Nice post, apple.

belgareth
02-01-2004, 09:52 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
ok now from the geeks point of view

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was a huge looser in school, the \"popular\" kids picked on me

all the time cause i was a too tall too skinny girl who likes video games, anime and computers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif the teachers all liked me and the cheerleaders couldnt stand me.

But i had some CLOSE friends, we\'d always be there for eachother when it really mattered, and id always see the

popular ones picking on even eachother. Now that im out of highschool, its great! Im still close with my friends, i

can be my geeky game lovin self and men think thats hot lol! i can be too tall and find men taller

point is be yourself! find people like you, people you can be

close with, have common interests and hang out with after school, weekends, whenever! Popular people tend to think

too much about themselves (yes there are always some who are genuinely nice true im talking generally) and they

probably wont stick around the second you dont go to that school anymore.

then again you could wait till

university/college. they\'re great for meeting TONS of amazing people with the same interests as you. but since

you\'re in highschool now, i think ya should take the advice from everyone you think will work best for you

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

As a fellow

geek, Great post!

Elana
02-01-2004, 09:53 AM
I am so tempted to put gum in

your hair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Friendly1
02-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Manchorito, if you want

the girls to notice you more than the guys you hang with, then you have to hang with guys who don\'t run you down.

If you are average, then hang with average guys and learn how to be the above-average guy.

And don\'t waste

your time pining for the best-looking girls in school. They are getting so much attention from boys right now they

can pick and choose whomever they want. You need to spend your time with average girls who are as comfortable with

themselves as girls can be (and they are all insecure at your age, just like you).

The only way to rise to the

top is to lead. You cannot lead if you are following. Find your own friends and do your own thing. The girls will

notice you. They like confident guys who don\'t seem needy.

And as far as friendships go. You win some and

lose some. Two people I thought I was good friends with recently just pulled back from me. It happens. Some

friends stay around and some friends don\'t. You keep the ones worth keeping and move on from the rest.

Holmes
02-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Good advice one and all.

Apple- you were teased for being tall??! Funny how a \"liability\" in High School is often an asset in

the real world...

Holmes

franki
02-01-2004, 11:49 AM
God, I LOVE tall girls. My

\"gf\" in hs was 6\' and blonde (and a bit geeky as well)... :-)~

How tall are you Apple?

Holmes
02-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Post deleted by

Holmes

franki
02-01-2004, 11:53 AM
If I may add, in my experience

in HS it was easier to make (good) friends than in college (so far).

BigBear
02-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Post deleted by

BigBear

Elana
02-01-2004, 12:01 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Really?!?

BTW, does anyone remember Freaks And Geeks? Great

show.

Very good show. It was canceled too soon.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

apple
02-01-2004, 12:43 PM
i had gum put in my hair

once.... and i have long beautiful hair so that PISSED me off

yeah i was so picked on for being tall, i was taller than

almost everyone in highschool... if i wore heels i was WAY taller than everyone :P dances were so weird o_O yeah

guys seem to like tall girls now tho, highschool is so backwards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

oh yeah im 5\'11 ish, some people say im taller some shorter, depends on if they want to pretend

they\'re taller or shorter heehee

Elana
02-01-2004, 12:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font

i had gum put in my hair once

apple
02-01-2004, 12:48 PM
</font><blockquote><font

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
i had gum

put in my hair once

dont worry

shes in jail now and ugly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif in the end i got the better situation.

not in jail cause of the gum, but cause she was a voilent child who grew up a violent woman and did bad things

Elana
02-01-2004, 12:49 PM
It\'s just all around sad.

Parents need to teach their children how to respect other people.

Kari
02-01-2004, 02:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Yep, it is another sappy post by your favorite manchorito, me...

As you

know, I am a young high school student, and thus, I am very inexperienced in life. Most of you other posters are

older, and have gone through this stupid phase I\'m in. So, I need help on what kind of friends I should have.

Right now, I am in the so called \"popular\" group in school, but I\'m not real sure they are the friends for

me. Because, in school I am cool with them, but when I need someone to hang out with on the weekends, they never are

there for me. Plus, I don\'t have a best friend out of all this group. I mean, I thought this is what I wanted,

because I didn\'t used to hang out with this group, and when I go home every night, and I am less happy than I was

at the start of the night, I guess that is a sign that this is not for me. But the only reason I started to hang out

with these people was to get with the girls, because they get the most beautiful girls in the school, and yet, I

have come up short multiple times in getting a girl of my own. Does anybody have advice?

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Wrong group, sweetie. If they are only there for you SOMETIMES, they

aren\'t friends. Also, if you only befriended them to get the girls, you are with them for a very superfical

reason, anyway.

The relationship isn\'t based on affinity, and won\'t last.

BTW-- After you get out of

h.s., and either work or go to college, you will find you will naturally cut most of them loose, anyway.

Kari
02-01-2004, 03:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Manchorito, if you want the girls to notice you more than the guys you hang

with, then you have to hang with guys who don\'t run you down. If you are average, then hang with average guys

and learn how to be the above-average guy.

And don\'t waste your time pining for the best-looking girls in

school. They are getting so much attention from boys right now they can pick and choose whomever they want. You

need to spend your time with average girls who are as comfortable with themselves as girls can be (and they are all

insecure at your age, just like you).

The only way to rise to the top is to lead. You cannot lead if you are

following. Find your own friends and do your own thing. The girls will notice you. They like confident guys who

don\'t seem needy.

And as far as friendships go. You win some and lose some. Two people I thought I was good

friends with recently just pulled back from me. It happens. Some friends stay around and some friends don\'t.

You keep the ones worth keeping and move on from the rest.

Also,

the best looking girls in h.s. often don\'t stay that way. There are exceptions. But, a lot of early beauties also

fade fast. At least, that\'s what happened in my group.

I wa also, as some have previously posted, a \"loser

geek\" in h.s. It wasn\'t til my last 20s that I was considered a \"babe.\"

If you want an attractive girl,

make sure that she\'s also fun, interesting, and enjoyable. If you hook up with her JUST for her looks, and her

looks fade......

apple
02-01-2004, 03:48 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Also, the best looking girls in h.s. often don\'t stay that way. There are

exceptions. But, a lot of early beauties also fade fast. At least, that\'s what happened in my group.

I wa

also, as some have previously posted, a \"loser geek\" in h.s. It wasn\'t til my last 20s that I was considered

a \"babe.\"

If you want an attractive girl, make sure that she\'s also fun, interesting, and enjoyable. If

you hook up with her JUST for her looks, and her looks fade......

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

oh so true!!! girls in hs i know that WERE hot are so not now :P and i was called ugly alot in

HS but now im not a duckling anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
02-01-2004, 04:14 PM
I don\'t think it is any

better bad mouthing popular people as it is popular people making fun of the so called geeks.
JMHO

Gossamer_2701
02-01-2004, 04:54 PM
I don\'t think it is any better bad mouthing

popular people as it is popular people making fun of the so called geeks.
JMHO

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">
I take it the geeks made fun of you back in HS, huh Elana?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I\'m just

kidding, thats a good point you made. It truly cuts both ways.

I was lucky enough to grow up in a smaller town

(18,000) where everyone actually got along for the most part (every school has the resident A-holes) It was truly a

thing of beauty... stoners, geeks and jocks... oh my. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Goss

Elana
02-01-2004, 04:59 PM
</font><blockquote><font

I take it the geeks made fun of you back in HS, huh Elana?

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I am still traumatized by those mean geeks making fun of me because I

didn\'t wear glasses with tape in the middle. j/k
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All I am

saying is....Just because someone is popular doesn\'t mean they are a bully. Bullies are bullies.

manchorito
02-01-2004, 06:59 PM
I dunno, I guess I was

attracte to this group of people because of the girls, and the infamous parties. Some of them even used me for my

car, or were only friends when it is convinient for them. For example, they need a ride to a party, they never call

me once, but now they call me. Funny huh? I almost want to find some big strong guys at the mall and pay them to

have my back, and if someone pisses me off, they would beat them up, but that won\'t solve anything. I want to

stop \"kissing these guys\' asses\" just to be friends with them, but chances are, when I go back to school on

Monday, I will still be the little b*tch I always was.

P.S. - I am considering going to a military school for a

while, not a hardcore thug one, but somewhere I can get away from everything, maybe lift a lot of weights so I can

come back to school with a big bang. But then again, I come back to the part about me I hate, that I care so much

about what others think. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Friendly1
02-01-2004, 08:39 PM
You\'re a normal kid,

Manchorito. Don\'t let that get you down. Changing something about yourself is cool. You need to learn what

kind of person you want to be before you can be happy with yourself. Don\'t look for any shortcuts. You don\'t

need them.

OCP
02-02-2004, 10:37 AM
</font><blockquote><font

It\'s just all around sad. Parents need to teach their children how to

respect other people.

I wish more people (especially parents)

thought like you. I am amazed how many parents let their children tell them what to do.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

belgareth
02-02-2004, 11:32 AM
</font><blockquote><font

It\'s just

all around sad. Parents need to teach their children how to respect other people.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I wish more people (especially parents) thought like you. I am amazed how many parents let

their children tell them what to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

What\'s amazing is that those parents who do teach their children and demand that they meet

reasonable guidelines are treated as if they are weird or something. Not allowing your daughters to roam the streets

all night or expecting the kids to help around the house or turning off the TV is almost abuse or neglect these

days.

TopDawg2050
02-06-2004, 08:24 PM
hey mancho, if you were

runnin, id be rite next to ya buddy :-)