PDA

View Full Version : Essential Oils & Pheromones

Xeneri
01-20-2004, 01:51 AM
Hi

all!

Was wondering - For 16 years I have made my own essential oil scents. I like to dab them on as perfume, use

them to scent a room, or make massage oils. How do essential oils work with pheromones? Does anyone reccomend

using an unscented pheromone additive with essential oils?

Would love to hear of your experiences. Thanks!

Sagacious1420
01-20-2004, 04:14 AM
Xeneri-

Welcome to the forum.

Your EO blends will definitely work well w/ pheros. If you try a search for

EOs and mones, you should run across a few interesting threads. Also check out the Perfuming Basics thread.

If

you have some blends you\'d like to share, I\'m sure the EO enthusiasts around here would be

interested.

I\'m sure the ladies here can give you some good product recommendations and mixing

tips.

Btw, are you Xeneri of the RavenBlack Clan?

Xeneri
01-20-2004, 04:29 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

Your EO blends will definitely work well w/

pheros. If you try a search for EOs and mones, you should run across a few interesting threads. Also check out the

Perfuming Basics thread.

If you have some blends you\'d like to share, I\'m sure the EO enthusiasts around

here would be interested.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Thanks for the tips and the welcome --

I will check out those threads. As for recipes, ya I have a few that I\'d be happy to share. The thing is, I

have found that for personal scents - it\'s really unique to the individuals body chemistry. So if I know what

kind of \"scent\" smells best on you( ie, woodsy, musky, floral, exotic etc), I can taper the recipes for that

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

LOL. You know, the last place I expected to find another RB

player was in a pheromone forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Yes, that is me - altho I

haven\'t played in a long time. I must get back there and say hello to everyone. But here on this forum, You can

call me Xen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best,
Xen

franki
01-20-2004, 05:05 AM
http://www.geocities.com/xeneri/ravenblack.html (\"http://www.geocities.com/xeneri/ravenblack.html\")

n
Wow, you are a vampire??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sagacious1420
01-20-2004, 06:19 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

LOL. You know, the last place I expected to find another RB player was in a pheromone

forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Yes, that is me - altho I haven\'t played in a long

time. I must get back there and say hello to everyone. But here on this forum, You can call me Xen.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best,
Xen

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">You got it Xen.

I\'m sure you\'ll find a variety of freaks around here.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrSmellThis
01-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Welcome!! You\'ve been at this a long time! I personally am looking forward to your posts.

EO\'s and

pheros marry perfectly, of course. Many EO\'s contain musk and pheromone-like substances, that round out a

pheromone signature.

The effects are pretty specific. I\'m about to post a small example in the

\'committment\' thread in this same woman\'s forum.

Some EO\'s even contain some identical

pheromones to some sold on this site.

EO\'s also help prevent undesirable phero \'conversions\'.

They also serve as a medium for gradual dispersion, and for making the pheros come across as smelling more

natural. They also make wonderful cover scents for the stinkier mones.

If you get more specific I could

address questions. I\'ve written maybe 200 posts (who knows?) just on essential oils on this site, but much of it

will be things you already know, given your many years of experience.

You might be interested in my

\'perfuming basics\' thread, as was suggested. Any additions you see fit to make to that thread would be very

welcome, of course.

bjf
01-20-2004, 10:52 AM
DST:

Just the other day I was doing a search on the internet looking for studies on olfactory aromatherapy.

Unforunately, I couldn\'t find anything that provided evidence of its legitimacy.

If pheromones can work

to affect one\'s state of mind through the olfactory, I think it is plausivble tha other substances can

too.

You keep talking about some EO\'s containing pheromones. Please elaborate on this. Do you mean

molecules with identical vibrations? Isn\'t that exactly what the essense is of the products we have here?

Now how would a metabolite of the human body from hormones show up in an EO? EOs I guess are extracted from

living things, but plants do not have testosterone or estrogen (or do they???).

Are you saying that EOs have

molecules with structures or vibrations similar to those of pheromones? Is there any evidence or cause for

belief that such similarties would evoke reactions in humans in the same way that pheromones do?

Would a

synthetic EO be just as valid in oflactory aromatherapy as a natural EO? After all, if it is just the scent that is

at work here, it would seem that matching the vibration of the molecules would be all you need. I can see how using

EO\'s on the skin or for medicines or whatver would differ - when scent is not what is at work - but not to sure

about olfactory aromatherapy.

In terms of moods, ie Lavender calming, does this happen because of scent

assocation (conditioning? How is there universal conditioning? Does it relate to shared common experiences that

are part of being human (ie something to do with our own biology or scents)?

I believe you and many others

may be onto something with EOs and their ability to act like pheromones, but I still haven\'t seen much regarding

the mechanisims at work to back this up. Where\'s the scientific perspective to explain this, are you aware of

any studies? I didn\'t find much on google, but then again, there hasn\'t been a significant amount of

researchers who have studies synthetic or human pheromones.

Thanks BJF

Elana
01-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Welcome Xen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am so glad you brought the discussion of

EO\'s back up. If you haven\'t already read the perfume thread, do so. There are some great recipes in there.

Turning Oriental is a favorite of mine. I change the top notes for variation, but it is all good.

I have been

using synthetic vanilla oil in my unscented body lotion. I would love to use the real stuff but I am too chicken to

rob a bank. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I will try adding some diluted cumin EO to my

lotion. I fear the synthetic stuff cancels out the real stuff. Is there any truth to that?

Kari
01-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Welcome Xen!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am so glad you brought the discussion of EO\'s back up. If

you haven\'t already read the perfume thread, do so. There are some great recipes in there. Turning Oriental is a

favorite of mine. I change the top notes for variation, but it is all good.

I have been using synthetic vanilla

oil in my unscented body lotion. I would love to use the real stuff but I am too chicken to rob a bank.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I will try adding some diluted cumin EO to my lotion. I fear

the synthetic stuff cancels out the real stuff. Is there any truth to that?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

BTW-- Some weeks ago, I wrote of my favorite sandalwood oil-- the rather beautiful Nelson and

Russell. The \'N\" was misprinted into a \"K\" on my bottle. So, nobody could find it on the Net. I apologize.