PDA

View Full Version : TE/NPA question

rocky
01-12-2004, 01:36 PM
I know this must be

somewhere else on the forum, but I did try searching. It\'s just a quick question really:

I have a selection

of products now: APC, PI/m, AE/m, SoE, SPMO, WAGG, TE
however, I don\'t have NPA, but then TE is just a diluted

version of NPA, so that doesn\'t matter presumably as I have TE.

I want to create some mixes, but the ratios

are given using NPA. Can I created the same mixes, substituting TE for NPA? Will it be just as effective as the

original NPA mixes, assuming I alter the ratios. To what degree do I need to change the ratios?

abductor
01-13-2004, 02:16 AM
This question gave a

knot in my mind. Ok.
Lets think a little.
1 bottle TE has the same amount of mones that has the NPA.
But TE

bottle have 24ml(?) and NPA 5ml.
24/5 = 4,8
Then I think to get the same phero amount of NPA mix you have add + or

- 4 times more TE.
Please all, help us to think about this point, because I want adjust that point in next version

of Pmixcalc! although that I am making some kind of \"your own fine adjustment\" module.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Skyy
01-13-2004, 09:36 AM
they should change it

to 25ml to make things easier :P

rocky
01-13-2004, 11:53 AM
I just checked the

product table which says that 5ml of NPA has 2.4mg of pheros, and 20ml of TE also has 2.4mg of pheros - but then i

checked my bottle of TE and it says 24ml; so presumably the product table is wrong and the bottle is right

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

so, let\'s say NPA is 5 times stronger than TE (it\'s close

enough, right).

I want to make JB#1 mix. i read that it is APC:NPA 7:3
if i change that to 7:15, or roughly

APC:TE 1:2 would that be accurate in terms of phero content and ratios?

can anyone tell me if it will make any

difference to the results if use these ratios with APC:TE. If my maths is correct, then the 1:2 ratio (correctly

7:15) is 22 drops and is equivelent to a 7:3 ratio of APC:NPA which makes 10 drops to get the same phero content, so

i would need to use just over twice as much of the APC:TE mix as others have used of the APC:NPA mix.

does that

sounds sensible? i guess the greater volume used means that i can spread it out more too.

bjf
01-13-2004, 12:06 PM
I recall reading lacroy

made some mistake. i think that it is only 20 ml or something. Regardless, the proportions are the same with NPA

and you are not getting more pheromones in either, just concetrations are different (more carrier in TE).