PDA

View Full Version : Matching Hypothesis and Pheromones

Pancho1188
01-07-2004, 11:06 AM
I

know this has been mentioned before somewhere (I think in the form of, \"If I get someone hot with pheromones, how

will they act when I don\'t wear them?\"), but I\'ll throw this in the mix to see what people

think:

Matching Hypothesis - Although we may prefer someone more attractive, we ultimately choose someone close

to us in attractiveness.

Most successful relationships involve those with people of similar attractiveness.

My

question is this: If you use pheromones to attract women/men, do you think you are getting women/men that more

attractive than you are on a relative level (please humble yourselves for the sake of science if you answer this

question)? If so, do you think that when you don\'t wear -mones that whatever you had will die?

On the other

hand, do you think you\'re just attracting those who would\'ve liked you anyway but just needed that little

\'kick\' to get them jump-started into digging you?

You could expand this to ask the question: \"Would this

information mean that you are more likely to get short-term hookups over long-term bf/gfs or vice-versa with

-mones?\" but that seems too subjective and also will probably get an \"it all depends on the person\"

response.

Any other thoughts on how pheromones relate to the matching hypothesis?

Pancho

Icarus
01-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Rather than spout any potted <insert x>oligy, I think I\'ll be dumb.

<ahem>

If you grow

a beard and wear pheromones, then no man, woman or beast is outwith your reach.

And it also depends on lunar

positioning and your shoe size (on tuesdays)

Stupid is a Steven does.

Steve

Pancho1188
01-07-2004, 11:36 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Rather than spout any potted &lt;insert

x&gt;oligy, I think I\'ll be dumb.

&lt;ahem&gt;

If you grow a beard and wear pheromones, then no man,

woman or beast is outwith your reach.

And it also depends on lunar positioning and your shoe size (on

tuesdays)

Stupid is a Steven does.

Steve

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I\'ve

noticed my feet (as well as other things) are bigger on Tuesdays... Hmmm...

What about the invisible space ship?

Don\'t forget that gets mad women... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Note: You don\'t

have to quote -ologies to answer this... I just want your honest opinion.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Holmes
01-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Interesting.

Most successful relationships

involve those with people of similar attractiveness.

Is that really

true?

Holmes

Pancho1188
01-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Interesting.

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Most successful relationships involve those with people of similar

attractiveness.

Is that really true?

Holmes

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Yes.

Studies have shown that people of similar attractiveness are more

likely to have a successful relationship...

I just noticed a potential misreading of what I said. PLEASE

DON\'T take it as saying, \"THE most successful relationships involve those with people of similar

attractiveness.\" as in the best relationships are with these people... I meant that most of the successful

relationships in these studies involved those who were rated to be of similar attractiveness levels.

I have no

data on what\'s \"the best type of relationship ever to grace the face of the earth\".

Note: Those rich,

ugly guys with gorgeous women are not in the majority, and it is also a tradeoff of wealth, status, and looks for

the beautiful women. Also, who\'s to say that they\'re more successful than others?

Holmes
01-07-2004, 12:14 PM
it is also a tradeoff of wealth, status, and looks

for the beautiful women.

Which again begs the time-honored

question: to what degree can pheromones meddle (generally speaking) in the ranking of those three factors?

And

why Tuesdays?

Holmes

markus
01-08-2004, 01:14 PM
These are interesting questions. they bother me also from time to time. here is my two

cents:

Most successful relationships involve

those with people of similar attractiveness.

I think this is

true, but one has to remember attractiveness is not only how you look like. having a lot of money can also seem

attractive to some people.

My question is this:

If you use pheromones to attract women/men, do you think you are getting women/men that more attractive than you are

on a relative level (please humble yourselves for the sake of science if you answer this question)? If so, do you

think that when you don\'t wear -mones that whatever you had will die?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I know i certainly get much more attractive women with pheromones than i used to get without

pheros. assuming that without pheros i got women that are as attractive as i am, i guess that would mean i get now

women who are more attractive than me. or one can put it another way: with pheromones i am more attractive my self

and hence get more attractive women.

does it die if i don\'t wear the pheromones? that\'s hard to say. i

think pheromones can also cause a sort of bonding that wouldn\'t just melt away when you stop using them. but i

think this is highly dependant on the type of product one is using. more sexual products like npa/te tend in my

opinion to create relationships that will die if you don\'t use the pheros anymore. on the other hand, wagg is

much more bonding, and i think it creates a lasting bonding that wouldn\'t die (at least not so fast) if you stop

using it.
i use different products on purpose with different women according to what sort of relationship i am

looking for. if i just want something quick and sexual that wouldn\'t last long, i would mostly use te. if i want

something longer and deeper with feelings, i would use something which is less heavy on none and has a considerable

amount of nol, something like attraction maybe, and then also wagg.

markus

bjf
01-08-2004, 01:23 PM
does it die if i don\'t wear the pheromones?

that\'s hard to say. i think pheromones can also cause a sort of bonding that wouldn\'t just melt away when you

stop using them. but i think this is highly dependant on the type of product one is using. more sexual products like

npa/te tend in my opinion to create relationships that will die if you don\'t use the pheros anymore. on the other

hand, wagg is much more bonding, and i think it creates a lasting bonding that wouldn\'t die (at least not so

fast) if you stop using it.
i use different products on purpose with different women according to what sort of

relationship i am looking for. if i just want something quick and sexual that wouldn\'t last long, i would mostly

use te. if i want something longer and deeper with feelings, i would use something which is less heavy on none and

has a considerable amount of nol, something like attraction maybe, and then also wagg.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Why can\'t you use both, ie a lot of nol and te, for sexual and bonding? Do you find that

amounts are unimportant, but rather ratios between the sexual and bonding pheromones make the difference?

Sagacious1420
01-08-2004, 01:48 PM
IMO, amounts and ratios are both important. I think that you can add \"comfort\" pheros w/

\"sexual\" pheros w/out diminishing the effectiveness of either...if combined in the proper ratio. At least

that\'s been my experience w/ my latest experiments. It\'s taken me a while to get a handle on an appropriate

ratio of nol and WAGG that\'s effective, for example.

markus
01-08-2004, 01:51 PM
</font><blockquote><font

does it die if i don\'t wear the pheromones? that\'s hard to say. i

think pheromones can also cause a sort of bonding that wouldn\'t just melt away when you stop using them. but i

think this is highly dependant on the type of product one is using. more sexual products like npa/te tend in my

opinion to create relationships that will die if you don\'t use the pheros anymore. on the other hand, wagg is

much more bonding, and i think it creates a lasting bonding that wouldn\'t die (at least not so fast) if you stop

using it.
i use different products on purpose with different women according to what sort of relationship i am

looking for. if i just want something quick and sexual that wouldn\'t last long, i would mostly use te. if i want

something longer and deeper with feelings, i would use something which is less heavy on none and has a considerable

amount of nol, something like attraction maybe, and then also wagg.

Why can\'t you use both, ie a lot of nol and te, for sexual and bonding? Do you find that amounts are

unimportant, but rather ratios between the sexual and bonding pheromones make the difference?

<hr

well if i want the sexual relationship, i might also use some nol to make

things more relaxed. but if i want something lasting, i would not use te/npa even not with a lot of nol. at least

not at the begining when the relationships is in creation. when i wear te/npa (even with other products) i feel that

takes out the wild side in the woman and make almost all other sides disappear. i feel that she herself wants me

just for the sex. this is something on which one cannot build a lasting relationship. a few months max. then you

have to have other things in the relationship which i feel are lost with te/npa. but this is just my experience, it

could be different for others.
markus

Holmes
01-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Is

one ultimately asking for trouble by getting into a relationship with a significantly more attractive mate as a

result of using pheromones (i.e. someone they might not have attracted without pheromones)? It\'s an interesting

topic.

on the other hand, wagg is much more

bonding, and i think it creates a lasting bonding that wouldn\'t die (at least not so fast) if you stop using

it.

You think?

Holmes

markus
01-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Is one ultimately asking for trouble by getting

into a relationship with a significantly more attractive mate as a result of using pheromones (i.e. someone they

might not have attracted without pheromones)? It\'s an interesting topic.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

getting into a relationship is always asking for trouble:)

</font><blockquote><font

on the other

hand, wagg is much more bonding, and i think it creates a lasting bonding that wouldn\'t die (at least not so

fast) if you stop using it.

You think?

Holmes

<hr

yes. at least i want to believe it. i think if a bonding is really there

if it has found its way to the soul, then it is really there, regardless of what you wear. sexual attraction is much

more dependant on \"outside\" conditions. of course there is also a connection between sexual attraction and

bonding and one has to take into account that sexual attraction might itself turn into love. but i think that in a

relationship which has started based on plain attraction it will take much more time untill this attraction will

turn into bonding. where as wagg creates in my experience this bonding to start with.

Elana
01-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Is one ultimately asking for trouble by getting

into a relationship with a significantly more attractive mate as a result of using pheromones (i.e. someone they

might not have attracted without pheromones)? It\'s an interesting topic.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I don\'t think so. Once you got in the door with your mones, she has the chance to get

to know you. IMHO, that is the most important part. That\'s your chance to shine and show her why you are so

great. That will make you that much more attractive in her eyes....unless of course you have a crappy

personality...then it is all downhill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

markus
01-08-2004, 02:30 PM

I don\'t think so. Once you got in the door

with your mones, she has the chance to get to know you. IMHO, that is the most important part. That\'s your chance

to shine and show her why you are so great.

that\'s of course

true (and also very nice put). but wouldn\'t you say that people are very very influenced from the first

impression you make on them, and will find it very hard to change their opinion on you. if so, it would be important

with what kind of pheromone you step in the door wouldn\'t it?

Elana
01-08-2004, 02:37 PM
</font><blockquote><font

I don\'t think so. Once you got in the door with your mones, she has the

chance to get to know you. IMHO, that is the most important part. That\'s your chance to shine and show her why

you are so great.

that\'s of course true (and also very nice

put). but wouldn\'t you say that people are very very influenced from the first impression you make on them, and

will find it very hard to change their opinion on you. if so, it would be important with what kind of pheromone you

step in the door wouldn\'t it?

I agree...first impressions

are extremely important...you can never get another one.

Pancho1188
01-08-2004, 02:52 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Is one ultimately asking for trouble by getting into a relationship with a

significantly more attractive mate as a result of using pheromones (i.e. someone they might not have attracted

without pheromones)? It\'s an interesting topic.

I

don\'t think so. Once you got in the door with your mones, she has the chance to get to know you. IMHO, that is

the most important part. That\'s your chance to shine and show her why you are so great. That will make you that

much more attractive in her eyes....unless of course you have a crappy personality...then it is all downhill.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana is

reinforcing the fact that it is indeed possible to get hot women like herself if you\'ve got the right moves...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Elana
01-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Elana is reinforcing the fact that it is indeed

possible to get hot women like herself if you\'ve got the right moves...

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

damn straight...and it wouldn\'t hurt if you brought me a slice of chocolate cherry

cheesecake.

Pancho1188
01-08-2004, 02:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font

I don\'t

think so. Once you got in the door with your mones, she has the chance to get to know you. IMHO, that is the most

important part. That\'s your chance to shine and show her why you are so great.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

that\'s of course true (and also very nice put). but wouldn\'t you say that people are very

very influenced from the first impression you make on them, and will find it very hard to change their opinion on

you. if so, it would be important with what kind of pheromone you step in the door wouldn\'t it?

<hr

I agree...first impressions are extremely important...you can never get

another one.

&amp;$^%*%^ (*&amp;^(* *(&amp;^ *(&amp;^*

^*(&amp;!!!!! I\'m in trouble... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think first impressions

are mostly important for people you may not see very often... That\'s more \"make or break\". However, with a

work or other atmosphere where you\'ll be around each other a lot, you get to make up for a bad first impression

to the point where it doesn\'t even matter because they actually got to know the real you...

bjf
01-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Dating someone more attracive than you you only becomes a problem if you think they are too attractive (good) for

you. That shines through. Its all about the attitude. The reason why similar looking people are more likely to

have better relationships is because they don\'t feel inadequete and project and attitude that doesn\'t send a

message to their partner that they can find something else better out there.

Pancho1188
01-08-2004, 03:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Elana is reinforcing the fact that it is indeed possible to get hot women

like herself if you\'ve got the right moves...

damn

straight...and it wouldn\'t hurt if you brought me a slice of chocolate cherry cheesecake.

<hr

Sure, and I\'ll make sure to bring some whipped cream and we could take

turns licking it off of each oth------*WHACK!!!!!!*---------I\'m sorry, what was I talking about? Oh,

yeah...-mones and whether you can reach higher on the attraction food chain or not...Give me a second, I have more

interesting info to add regarding that...

Holmes
01-08-2004, 03:02 PM
and it wouldn\'t hurt if you brought me a slice

of chocolate cherry cheesecake.

Taking notes now. Sh!t, my

pencil just broke. Now what was that again?

Holmes

Elana
01-08-2004, 03:04 PM
</font><blockquote><font

and it wouldn\'t hurt if you brought me a slice of chocolate cherry

cheesecake.

Taking notes now. Sh!t, my pencil just broke. Now

what was that again?

Holmes

Holmes, you are already in the

door. No cheesecake necessary. Just bring your CD and lip sink all of the songs while I throw my panties at you.

Holmes
01-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Oh

yeah, almost forgot: I\'m a Bombing Brother! Heyyyy now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My bandmate DJ Bytewallz and I don\'t take no smack from da beeyotches.

Holmes

Elana
01-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Oh yeah, almost forgot: I\'m a Bombing Brother!

Heyyyy now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif My bandmate DJ Bytewallz and I don\'t take

no smack from da beeyotches.

Holmes

I am swooning.

duck...there goes my bra.

Pancho1188
01-08-2004, 03:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Oh yeah, almost forgot: I\'m a Bombing Brother! Heyyyy now!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif My bandmate DJ Bytewallz and I don\'t take no smack from da

beeyotches.

Holmes

I am swooning. duck...there

goes my bra.

Feel blessed, Holmes... That\'s the one I

bought her for Christmas. She said she\'d only wear it for very special occasions...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Elana
01-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey! I own two! I may even be able to locate them if you give me some time.

Pancho1188
06-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Baby, turn around and let me

see this Pancho posting go *Bump, Bump, Bump*

(sorry, I just had *Bump* and it said I needed 10 characters)

DZorro
06-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Baby, turn around

and let me see this Pancho posting go *Bump, Bump, Bump*

(sorry, I just had *Bump* and it said I needed 10

characters)

Really ??? well it didn't for me :p

DZorro,

DrSmellThis
06-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Pancho, research suggests that

people pick those of similar attractiveness.

Pancho1188
06-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Pancho,

research suggests that people pick those of similar attractiveness.
So the question is, are pheromones

giving you a shot at a higher "level" of attractiveness only to get screwed later? Are they giving you a better

shot at attracting those with similar attractiveness? Are they going to get you a 'hottie' forever?

I'd go

with response #2 if you want a decent relationship...now, how you guage your attractiveness and that of your

intended target, I have no idea. But you know those "brother-sister" couples? They're the ones that have a good

chance of making it. They go together like bread and butta... :)

DrSmellThis
06-14-2004, 01:53 PM
I try to look at it as helping

me with the type I'm already attracted to, which tend not to be the supermodel-type anyway. I think I already am

attracted to those closer to my own level of attractiveness, which is great by me. I like who I like, after all.

a.k.a.
06-14-2004, 05:20 PM
how you guage your

attractiveness and that of your intended target, I have no idea.
Someone once posted a link to some

web site with a system that supposedly let you calculate this sort of thing with mathematical precision. IMO these

kind of calculations can (and do) drive a person crazy.

If it’s “forever” that you’re interested in, most

professional counselors will tell you that shared values are the #1 factor in establishing a successful marriage.

If you shy away from hot girls (or hunky guys) because you think they’re out of your league, then either a) the

"attraction" is nothing more than eye candy in the first place or b) you are condemning yourself to a life without

passion.