PDA

View Full Version : Theory on the senses I came up with last night

bivonic
01-02-2004, 09:55 AM
There\'s a question I\'ll occassionally ask a girl I meet in a bar, \"What is the one sense you

could not live without?\" Most people say Sight, some say taste. In my opinion it would be touch, since if you

think about it without touch how much pleasure would you be missing out on in life?

Then I got to thinking of how

the senses are linked. I created a simple order of precendence as follows:

Audible < Visual <

Kinesthetic

Since if you were to close your eyes and you heard the voice of someone of the opposite sex your mind

immediately tries to visual someone that is either hot or ugly. In the same regard when you see someone walk into a

bar, IMO you think about what it would FEEL like to kiss that person or have intercourse with that person, thus

putting Kinesthetics above both visual and audible senses.

Not sure what value this has to us regarding

attraction, but I thought it was an interesting linkage between the senses, I am sure you could draw similar

linkages to scent, taste, and VNO senses.

Icarus
01-02-2004, 03:48 PM
What about the 7th sense, known as \"Murse\"?

Good post. Interesting

thoughts.

Steve

P.S. I often wondered which of sight or sound I would elect to have numbed in that dilemma. I

could never get over the sheer hugeness of the effect of the absence of either. ONe of my mates was rather more

simple to please, he said:

\"Well, if you\'re deaf, right?\"
\"Right..\"
\"Yeh, you gotta pay a full TV

license\"
\"uh.... huh...?\"
\"But if you\'re blind\"
\"mmm?\"
\"You get it

half-price!\"
\"...\"

Sadly, he was serious. People wonder why I don\'t like TV.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sexyredhead
01-02-2004, 04:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
There\'s a question I\'ll

occassionally ask a girl I meet in a bar, \"What is the one sense you could not live without?\"

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
I\'d say scent, since without it, you can\'t taste, and you reportedly

lose interest in sex. There\'s all kinds of pleasures lost right there.

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
when you see someone walk into a bar, IMO you think about what it would FEEL

like to kiss that person or have intercourse with that person, thus putting Kinesthetics above both visual and

audible senses.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I don\'t do that. I really don\'t think I

ever have. I look whoever it is up and down and decide if I might be interested, but I don\'t, as a rule, try to

imagine what kissing/having sex with any person who walks into a bar would be like.

Maybe that\'s a guy

thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And I\'m assuming by the fact that

you\'re putting kinesthetics over visual and audible senses that you imagine that situation with ALL people who

walk into bars, not just the ones you find attractive--through visual/audible senses?

Pancho1188
01-02-2004, 04:57 PM

I don\'t do that. I really don\'t

think I ever have. I look whoever it is up and down and decide if I might be interested, but I don\'t, as a rule,

try to imagine what kissing/having sex with any person who walks into a bar would be like.

Maybe that\'s a guy

thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Yes, it\'s a guy thing.

However, imagining the sensations in a private environment is more

of a girl thing. Men are more likely to seek visual stimulus, whereas women are more likely to fantasize.

Kari
01-02-2004, 06:14 PM
There\'s a question I\'ll

occassionally ask a girl I meet in a bar, \"What is the one sense you could not live without?\" Most people say

Sight, some say taste. In my opinion it would be touch, since if you think about it without touch how much pleasure

would you be missing out on in life?

Then I got to thinking of how the senses are linked. I created a simple

order of precendence as follows:

Audible &lt; Visual &lt; Kinesthetic

Since if you were to close your eyes and

you heard the voice of someone of the opposite sex your mind immediately tries to visual someone that is either hot

or ugly. In the same regard when you see someone walk into a bar, IMO you think about what it would FEEL like to

kiss that person or have intercourse with that person, thus putting Kinesthetics above both visual and audible

senses.

Not sure what value this has to us regarding attraction, but I thought it was an interesting linkage

between the senses, I am sure you could draw similar linkages to scent, taste, and VNO senses.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

It is said, in my industry, that loss of sight removes things, and loss

of hearing removes people.

Watcher
01-03-2004, 12:11 PM
That hormonal reaction to a strong male (pheros) is the lucky 9th sense i like to trigger.

bivonic
01-09-2004, 01:56 PM
And I\'m assuming by the fact that

you\'re putting kinesthetics over visual and audible senses that you imagine that situation with ALL people who

walk into bars, not just the ones you find attractive--through visual/audible senses?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I think it may happen at a subconscious level, think about it when you evaluate a man as he

walks into a bar visually isn\'t the attraction primal and related to the end result on some level?

Sexyredhead
01-09-2004, 02:50 PM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
And I\'m assuming by the fact that you\'re putting kinesthetics over

visual and audible senses that you imagine that situation with ALL people who walk into bars, not just the ones you

find attractive--through visual/audible senses?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I think it may

happen at a subconscious level, think about it when you evaluate a man as he walks into a bar visually isn\'t the

attraction primal and related to the end result on some level?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

But you have to use your visual and audible senses to determine if it\'s a man or a woman

walking into the bar. Or like I asked before, do you imagine kissing/having sex with EVERYBODY who walks into a

bar?

By using your visual and audible senses, you decide if you find a person attractive. THEN you would

start to wonder what the kinesthetic would be like. But even then, I wouldn\'t stop and wonder what kissing/sex

would be like with every guy that walked in a room. It generally stops at the visual/audible level of whether I find

a guy attractive or not. I have to have a little attractive personality behind it in order to start thinking about

the kinesthetic aspect.

If it was subconcious, it wouldn\'t be something I was *trying* to do. I\'ll

give you that the things I find physically attractive in a man are things that my subconcious recognizes on a primal

sexual level, but no, I do not imagine having sex with a guy just because he walked in the room. If I don\'t know

him, he\'s just an attractive face in the crowd, and I\'ll probably never see him again. If something happens

and I end up in a situation where I see him on a regular basis, I might end up wondering about him, if I\'m

attracted to him. Or I may end up not being attracted to him 5 minutes after he opened his mouth, and never

consider it.

I guess you could say it\'s a \'detached\', uninvolved attraction until he actually

has some place in my life--even if that place is just to provide eye candy on a general basis.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif But by then I\'m familiar with him. He\'s not some stranger

who just walked into a bar.

Again, maybe I\'m just weird that way.

bjf
01-09-2004, 03:07 PM
SRH. I am like you. I also think a lot of men are the same way. Their is this belief that men think

about having sex with every hot chick we see, but it is more just like a feeling of attractiion (wow she\'s

hot/beautiful/good looking) rather than actually thinking anything out. Hell, I may even check out a woman\'s

body, but I am not actually thinking about having intercourse at the same time. Instead, I just feel a reaction of

attraction -- a feeling take can take place in my chest, stomach, legs and/or crotch area. Besides blood rushing

below the belt, I havealways wondere what biologically occurs that causes these feelings???

Anyway, I

don\'t start to think about having sex with someone until later on. Even if I end up talking to that female, my

mind is occupied with our conversation, I can\'t start conciously imagining other things. Sex and kissing starts

to pop into my head when it becomes more and more a likely reality, and when I have nothing else to occupy my mind

at the time.