PDA

View Full Version : UK shipping

rocky
12-31-2003, 06:16 AM
Hi to everyone on the forum.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I received my first order to the UK a couple of weeks ago - I

got it shipped by Airmail, rather than Fed-Ex. when it arrived, I had to pay customs duties on it (it was PI and

AE). Customs came to about 17 dollars.

I didnt like the Airmail thing, so i am going to try Fed-Ex next time - I

wondered if others ordering in the UK were getting hit by customs when they ordered by Fed-Ex or by Airmail?

Also, how long does it normally take to reach the UK if it\'s Fed-Ex\'d?

Thanks.

CptKipling
12-31-2003, 09:09 AM
I was never hit by

customs charges with regular mail, I\'ve used FedEx twice and had to pay customs £20 one of those times.

It

took around 3-4 days by FedEx, not spectacular. I got a delivery by regular mail in 5 days, and considering FedEx

costs more than 3x as much...

rocky
01-01-2004, 03:06 PM
cheers,

so it seems

that the customs charges are pretty much random. i\'m not too keen on regular mail because i live in a small place

and the local postoffice and postman are kind of nosey - last time, i got a card through the door saying that there

was a package waiting at the p/office for customs duties. i collected it, and the staff all got very excited and had

a big discussion about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

when they did charge you customs

duties on the FedEx delivery, did the delivery guy just collect the money at the door when he dropped the package

in?

CptKipling
01-01-2004, 03:16 PM
No, I got a letter

about a week after the delivery.

I think FedEx is probably the best option in your situation, but the cost does

sting a bit.

rocky
01-02-2004, 02:29 PM
cheers,

i\'ll go for

FedEx then - I am just starting out with pheromones really, so I am still experimenting, so I\'ll make it a big

order with FedEx to make it worth it. There are lots more products I want to try

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CptKipling
01-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Thats what I did, good

luck with your products /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rocky
01-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Fantastic,

after

ordering (by Fed-Ex) on friday, I actually received my order in the UK today (Monday). That\'s an awesome service

from Bruce and FedEx. I know that an order placed on friday wouldn\'t even have been sent by now from most other

companies. Thanks again Bruce.