PDA

View Full Version : Please consider using the US Post Office

Friendly1
12-22-2003, 08:02 PM
UPS is the pits.

I get better service from the post office. I wish Love-Scent offered more shipping

options.

Bruce
12-22-2003, 10:35 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
UPS is the pits.

I get better service from the

post office. I wish Love-Scent offered more shipping options.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Exqueeze me? We have 4 shipping options, half of which are US Postal Service and none of them

are UPS. We stopped using UPS when they drove across my lawn last winter. :-)

Bruce

Friendly1
12-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Oops. Wrong merchant. &lt;sheepish grin&gt;

Hey. I had to run in and out tonight. Sorry.

Kari
12-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Oops. Wrong merchant. &lt;sheepish

grin&gt;

Hey. I had to run in and out tonight. Sorry.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Well, you\'re right about one thing..... UPS sucks ENTIRE mountain ranges.

Bruce
12-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Well, you\'re right about one thing..... UPS

sucks ENTIRE mountain ranges.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Don\'t get me started on UPS.

Aside from having to reseed my front lawn to get the daily reminder of their ineptitude out of my face, I could tell

you stories that would turn your hair grey. Why anyone does business with them puzzles me to no end.

Bruce

belgareth
12-24-2003, 09:00 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Well, you\'re right about one thing..... UPS sucks ENTIRE mountain ranges.

Don\'t get me started on UPS. Aside from having to reseed my

front lawn to get the daily reminder of their ineptitude out of my face, I could tell you stories that would turn

your hair grey. Why anyone does business with them puzzles me to no end.

Bruce

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I feel the same way about FedEx. They have redefined ineptitude.

Bruce
12-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Maybe it\'s just the luck of the draw. I love my Fed Ex lady. She brings buscuits for my dog. In fact my dog

can detect the sound of her truck pulling up in front of the house and goes freaking ga ga in my office until I go

let her in. They also gave me free weekend delivery when they screwed up once. The UPS guys just heave the

package up into my car port and don\'t even ring the doorbell half the time. Once I got a vitamin shipment (that

I was looking forward) to delivered on a Friday and didn\'t find it until I went to take the trash out on Monday.

There it was tucked in neatly between the garbage and recycling dumpsters.

B

belgareth
12-24-2003, 10:15 AM
FedEx is the shipper of choice for my primary wholesaler and if I use them I get better rates. Over the

past year they have managed to screw up an average of one in six deliveries. Either they delay the shipment for

various reasons or they damage it. I deal in computer parts. While they are not all that fragile, they shouldn\'t

be used for soccer practice. Ever file a claim for damages with FedEx? An exercise in futility, they have never paid

me for a single damage claim.

Recently I had an order sent by FedEx from Carrollton, TX. That\'s about 35

miles from me. It took them 6 days to get it here! Their reason was that they do not guarantee delivery times for

ground shipments. It was put on the delivery truck three different times but the driver always ran out of time

before he could get to my office. They explained that because my office is in my home it is regarded as a

residential delivery, not business. When I asked them why they didn\'t put it on the home delivery truck that is

almost always in my neighborhood, they said it was because it was a commercial delivery.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Then they leave the packages on the doorstep, some valued at

thousands of dollars, without ever knocking.

Most recently, I have been having most packages shipped by USPO

and have had no problems yet.It costs me a little extra because my wholesaler doesn\'t want to go that way but it

beats FedEx and UPS at any price.

Bruce
12-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Bel,
I\'m stunned. Fed ex folks always get a signature from me. The UPS guy is half way down the block by the

time I get to the door and half the time he doesn\'t even ring the bell. I think they heave it from a few steps

away like the paperboy, so they never get close enough to hit the bell. Or maybe they heave the box *at* the bell

and if they are lucky it rings.

B

Holmes
12-24-2003, 10:32 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Kari
12-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Bel,
I\'m stunned. Fed ex folks always get a

signature from me. The UPS guy is half way down the block by the time I get to the door and half the time he

doesn\'t even ring the bell. I think they heave it from a few steps away like the paperboy, so they never get

close enough to hit the bell. Or maybe they heave the box *at* the bell and if they are lucky it rings.

B

Recent UPS experience. I live in an apartment complex. However,

each apartment has a separate address-- not an apt. #. A sign is posted to that effect. My apt is the first one, as

one drives in. The address is in three-inch numbers on the front door post. The UPS carrier left a note, ON MY DOOR,

stating that he couldn\'t deliver, because he could not find my apt. (?)

But, the worst is DHL. The just merged

with someone else. It took three days for a package to get to this area, from India. Then, it took six weeks to get

to me, from the local office. Most of the time the package was on a truck, in the wrong city, though my address was

prominently posted in two places on the package.

Sagacious1420
12-24-2003, 10:42 AM
What\'s the world coming to when the USPS is the best delivery option. That\'s scary.
I know

what you mean, though. I\'ve paid a bundle to have packages sent \"next day delivery\" and it took a week and a

half (FedEx and UPS). Other times, the packages where sent USPS ground and received them in 3 or 4 days. Each time

sent from the same location. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Holmes
12-24-2003, 10:43 AM
I really believe that Newman is at the helm of those operations.

\"No one\'s ever cracked the 30%

barrier!\"

Holmes

Sagacious1420
12-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Recent UPS experience. I live in an

apartment complex. However, each apartment has a separate address-- not an apt. #. A sign is posted to that effect.

My apt is the first one, as one drives in. The address is in three-inch numbers on the front door post. The UPS

carrier left a note, ON MY DOOR, stating that he couldn\'t deliver, because he could not find my apt. (?)

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ROFLMAO!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That\'s classic!

belgareth
12-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Bel,
I\'m stunned. Fed ex folks

always get a signature from me. The UPS guy is half way down the block by the time I get to the door and half the

time he doesn\'t even ring the bell. I think they heave it from a few steps away like the paperboy, so they never

get close enough to hit the bell. Or maybe they heave the box *at* the bell and if they are lucky it

rings.

B

Stunned was not one of the words I used to

describe my feelings in the matter. They were kind enough to refund my $4.95 shipping fee as compensation for the

delay. I can\'t tell you how much better that made me feel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If somebody were to start a shipping service that

actually provided reasonable service, they could clean up. The majority of small business people would jump at it,

even at a 50% increase in price. It would be cheaper for me in the long run to pay more for reliable service.

Kari
12-24-2003, 11:21 AM
What\'s the world coming to when the USPS is the

best delivery option. That\'s scary.
I know what you mean, though. I\'ve paid a bundle to have packages sent

\"next day delivery\" and it took a week and a half (FedEx and UPS). Other times, the packages where sent USPS

ground and received them in 3 or 4 days. Each time sent from the same location.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I get my best

service from USPS, oddly enough.

Friendly1
12-24-2003, 06:06 PM
My, my. Didn\'t realize I had started a good bashing thread. Well, my most recent UPS experience

ended today with me driving out to the delivery center (or whatever they call that place in the boondocks).

Why

they couldn\'t just leave the package on the front doorstep as in the past, I have NO IDEA. They used to drop

them at the leasing office. Then they badgered a neighbor into signing for one. Now they just insist I be there on

THEIR schedule.

But I did meet a cute girl there. She couldn\'t take her eyes off me while I waited for my

package. I finally just turned and said, \"Hi.\" She said \"Hi\" back, and then they came and got her. Timing

is everything.

Oh well. Can\'t see why guys are complaining about Scent of Eros gel packs. They seem to work

fine if you use the whole thing.

Kari
12-26-2003, 06:40 PM
My, my. Didn\'t realize I had started a good

bashing thread. Well, my most recent UPS experience ended today with me driving out to the delivery center (or

whatever they call that place in the boondocks).

Why they couldn\'t just leave the package on the front

doorstep as in the past, I have NO IDEA. They used to drop them at the leasing office. Then they badgered a

neighbor into signing for one. Now they just insist I be there on THEIR schedule.

But I did meet a cute girl

there. She couldn\'t take her eyes off me while I waited for my package. I finally just turned and said,

\"Hi.\" She said \"Hi\" back, and then they came and got her. Timing is everything.

Oh well. Can\'t see

why guys are complaining about Scent of Eros gel packs. They seem to work fine if you use the whole thing.

Well, DHL IS worse. When the truck drove around looking for my

address in the wrong city. I called and asked whether I could pick up the package at the delivery center. THEN, they

didn\'t know which delivery center had it, for awhile. (???????)

Holmes
12-26-2003, 06:47 PM
Well, DHL IS worse.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Yeah, I\'m not into hockey either.

Holmes

upsidedown
12-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Wow, I just now saw this thread...been out of the loop for a while. Talk about hitting a nerve with

me!

All them them are pretty bad, though each has it\'s good and bad points compared to the others.

DHL merged with Airborn Express, Overall they are absolutely the SLOWEST of all the shippers, and probably

the worst overall. However, your mileage may vary since I think all the local delivery people are contract

employees, and my local delivery woman is very conscientious.

CptKipling
12-31-2003, 09:35 AM
DHL merged with Airborn Express

And Securicor (sp?) Omega

Kari
01-05-2004, 09:52 AM
</font><blockquote><font

DHL merged with Airborn Express

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

And Securicor (sp?) Omega

.. and

DHL/Airborne has been a nightmare, since the merger.

Bruce
01-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Too bad about DHL. They used to be great. They had a partnership with a good carrier in Japan. Whenever I had

something shipped there by DHL, the guy would literally run up the steps 2-3 days after I put the order in. It was

great.

B

Kari
01-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Too bad about DHL. They used to be great. They

had a partnership with a good carrier in Japan. Whenever I had something shipped there by DHL, the guy would

literally run up the steps 2-3 days after I put the order in. It was great.

B

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Yeah, I had the same experience... til the merger. Apparently somebody at the top forgot that

two separate systems ahd to be combined. So... they didn\'t. DHL handled SOME packages, and Airborne handled OTHER

packages. Neither knew what the other had. So.. lots of stuff got lost.

belgareth
01-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Well I just had an interesting experience with Airborne. I missed being here for a signature required

delivery by about five minutes. When I called the dispatcher radioed the driver and had him come back. I didn\'t

even ask, she offered! I\'m still in a state of shock.

Kari
01-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Well I just had an interesting experience with

Airborne. I missed being here for a signature required delivery by about five minutes. When I called the dispatcher

radioed the driver and had him come back. I didn\'t even ask, she offered! I\'m still in a state of shock.

I\'m STUNNED! I had to chase them around for three weeks, to get

delivery. But, then, it was RIGHT after the merger.

belgareth
01-23-2004, 01:50 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Well I just had an interesting experience with Airborne. I missed being here

for a signature required delivery by about five minutes. When I called the dispatcher radioed the driver and had him

come back. I didn\'t even ask, she offered! I\'m still in a state of shock.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I\'m STUNNED! I had to chase them around for three weeks, to get delivery. But, then, it

was RIGHT after the merger.

I was stunned myself. It took

them under an hour to get back with my package. Last time I missed an important delivery with FedEx or UPS it was

like pulling teeth to get my package. All too often I order parts shipped over night because the client has a

critical need to get up and running now. Then the delivery service screws it up and puts me and the client in a

bind. If Airborne is trying to win my business, they are off to a good start.

OCP
01-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Well I just had an interesting experience with

Airborne. I missed being here for a signature required delivery by about five minutes. When I called the dispatcher

radioed the driver and had him come back. I didn\'t even ask, she offered! I\'m still in a state of shock.

Airborne di that? That is a shock!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

belgareth
01-30-2004, 02:20 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Well I just had an interesting experience with Airborne. I missed being here

for a signature required delivery by about five minutes. When I called the dispatcher radioed the driver and had him

come back. I didn\'t even ask, she offered! I\'m still in a state of shock.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Airborne di that? That is a shock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It was quite a surprise. They had the package redelivered in under

an hour.

TopDawg2050
02-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Dont you think UPS and FED EX should ship on saturdays and sundays without extra cost, as a standard, i

mean, there are lots of people who work on the weekends, hell even i do. I hate when you order overnight, the

package ships friday, it actually does ship saturday, but they \"cant deliver it to your home\" and then you have

to wait til moday to get it. wouldn\'t it be considered 2 day shipment as it ships \'2\' FED EX buisness days.

Overnight should be FINAL no strings attached, I expect to see my shipment TOMMORROW when i pay 20 dollars for a

shipment thats under a pound. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

TopDawg2050
02-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Its now 9am I just checked the tracking for my PI/m on overnight for FEDEX. Its gone from colorado to

about 20 mins away from my house. It left colorado at 230am and arrived 20 mins from my house at 730 am. In the

notes section it states \"Not Due For Delivery\"...... MY ASS!!!

oscar
02-07-2004, 01:10 PM
TopDawg2050,

You\'re right, it DOES suck when you pay big money for \"Overnight Delivery\" to a company

that doesn\'t work on weekends. I ordered the \"Birthday Special\" last Thursday night Jan 29. It shipped from

Colorado on Fri 1/30, and I got it here in Phila. on Monday 2/2.

The difference here is that I only paid

$3.95 for regular USPS shipping, but I got basically the same speed of service that you\'re paying $20 for.

Maybe Bruce should consider using the USPS\'s Express Mail. It\'s cheaper than FedEx and not only is it

delivered on Saturdays, but on Sundays as well. 365 days a year in fact, including Christmas Day! And if it

doesn\'t arrive on time the sender can get his money back and credit the buyer.

Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TopDawg2050
02-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Sounds good to me! My package is rotting in a Fed Ex storage facility right now, i have to wait til

monday to get it, which means i cant teat it til tuesday

Gossamer_2701
02-07-2004, 01:20 PM
not only is it delivered on Saturdays,

but on Sundays as well. 365 days a year in fact, including Christmas Day! And if it doesn\'t arrive on time the

sender can get his money back and credit the buyer.

I have

been a big fan of the USPS over the last couple of years.... but I had no idea that they delivered on Sun, or

offered a money back guarantee!!!
About how much is the base cost? I\'ve only used Fed-X to ship my L-S order

overnite once, but it was in the middle of the week so it actually arrived in like 36

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But they have lost my stuff before as well as delivering it to the

wrong address /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Go USPS.... I\'m not overly impatient, so I

usually only pay the $3.95, and still get it within 3-4 days

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Goss

TopDawg2050
02-07-2004, 01:23 PM
U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S!

U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S!

U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S!

U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S! U-S-P-S!

C\'MON GUYS START A CHANT GOING

oscar
02-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Gents,

I\'ve gotten Love-Scent shipments in as little as two days when a Sunday wasn\'t involved using the

cheap USPS shipping option.

Express Mail\'s base rate is $13.65, and that\'s good domestically up to eight

ounces, and you\'ve gotta order a LOT of phero stuff to exceed eight ounces. Now it\'s not absolutely guaranteed

from all points to all points overnight. Depending on where you\'re sending from or to, sometimes it\'s a second

day guarantee. But that 2nd day guarantee holds whether that day is a Saturday or a Sunday.

Here\'s some of the

text from USPS\'s home page:

\"Express MailĀ® is our fastest

service for time-sensitive letters, documents or merchandise. Guaranteed next-day and second-day delivery nationwide

or your money back.

Next day delivery by noon or by 3:00 pm to many destinations.
Delivery to most addresses

in the United States - including PO Boxes and military addresses.
Delivery to most locations 365 days a year,

including Sundays and holidays at no extra charge.
Automatically insured to $100 against loss or damage.

Provides signature proof of delivery upon request and tracking information.
Shipping supplies available at no

additional charge.
Convenient flat-rate envelopes are available. One low rate for any amount of material that it

can easily hold.
Express Mail items need to be mailed by scheduled acceptance time. Postage fully refunded upon

application if delivery is not made or attempted by the specified time period, depending on the destination. Some

restrictions apply, please check with your Post Office for

details.\"
__________________________________________________ _____

Hell, they even provide the mailers free of

charge. Their service is way cheaper than FedEx, and they have locations in just about every town in the country. It

amazes me how FedEx gets away with charging so much more and taking weekends off. It really does.

Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TopDawg2050
02-07-2004, 02:03 PM
BTW theyre not a power hungry company looking to screw up your shipment, theyre the government, ok, ok,

so what i said isnt all true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gossamer_2701
02-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey Oscar... thanks for the info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
The USPS has been

doing quite a bit to remain competitive over the last few years

Goss

TopDawg2050
02-07-2004, 02:19 PM
bruce, hear us out man!! we want the USPS for once

oscar
02-07-2004, 02:46 PM
TopDawg,

Remember, (before you go having the USPS eagle tattooed on your chest), that if the USPS hadn\'t

fallen down on getting your \"Priority Mail\" order to Colorado on time, FedEx might have already dropped that

shipment off on Friday, right?

If your order had gotten to LS on Wednesday as you expected, or even on the third

day, Thursday, your stuff might well have been FedExed out Thursday and arrived 20 minutes from you on FRIDAY

morning in which case it WOULD have already been delivered!

Everyhing probably hinged on WHERE and WHEN you

mailed your order on Monday. The USPS used to go for a delivery standard of two days on Priority Mail, but now

unless it\'s a short distance, or from within one major metropolitan area to another it often takes three days.

And if you drop something into a box that\'s already been collected, it doesn\'t matter if it\'s Priority or

Express or whatever, you just added a day to its journey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TopDawg2050
02-07-2004, 02:49 PM
I sent it out 30 minutes before the pickup, i live in a really small town also. Remind me whydontcha

now im mad again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

belgareth
02-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I quit using FedEx for my business shipping after their repeated screw ups and apathetic attitude

towards customer service. This article kind of highlights why I think FedEx sucks. If it wasn\'t a big entity like

Cal Berkely, they would have been blown off like I have been often enough.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&amp;cid=573&amp;ncid=757&amp;e=6&amp;u=/nm/200

40206/od_nm/california_fulbright_dc. (\"http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&amp;cid=573&amp;ncid=757&amp;e=6&amp;u=/nm/20040206/od_nm/ca

lifornia_fulbright_dc.\")

Nothing is shipped to me via FedEx if I can help it.

Gossamer_2701
02-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Document Not Found
The document you

requested is not found. It may have expired

This is the message I

get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif when I try to open your link Bel.

belgareth
02-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Here\'s the article:

FedEx Glitch Leaves Students\' Fate in Limbo
Fri Feb 6,10:58 AM ET

By Vibeke Laroi

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Absolutely, positively ... well, almost all the time.

Thirty California doctoral students are seeking help from government and corporate officials after missing a

deadline for the prestigious Fulbright fellowship when FedEx Corp -- which advertises people can count on them

\"When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight\" -- failed to deliver their applications on time.

FedEx blamed the problem on a software glitch that led to a missed pickup at the University of California,

Berkeley, but officials from the U.S. Department of Education (news - web sites), which administers the Fulbrights,

have said a deadline is a deadline.

\"We are not giving up,\" George Strait, UC Berkeley associate vice

chancellor for public affairs, told Reuters on Thursday.

The mishap occurred in October, but the story is just

now making headlines in newspapers as the UC Berkeley doctoral students grow anxious over their fate. Last year, 30

UC Berkeley students applied for Fulbright grants ranging from $19,593 to $63,947 and half were awarded fellowships.

The Fulbright is the U.S. government\'s premier international educational program. It gives graduate

students an opportunity to do full-time dissertation research abroad.

After several meetings with university

officials and a review of policies, education department officials ruled that UC Berkeley\'s case did not merit

special treatment.

\"The facts are indisputable: UC Berkeley was negligent in failing to mail its application

on time,\" Sally Stroup, an assistant secretary of education, said in a statement.

Stroup noted 60 other

institutions applying for the Fulbright fellowships met the deadline.

But UC Berkeley Chancellor Robert

Berdahl traveled to Washington, D.C. last month for a last-minute appeal and the university is still not taking

\"no\" for an answer.

Strait pointed out that even with the missed pick-up, the application package\'s

airbill is dated October 20, the last day for mailing the applications, and should have met the department\'s

regulation stating that a properly dated shipping label from a common carrier is sufficient to meet the deadline.

UC Berkeley has enlisted FedEx for help, and the company has, in turn, turned to Tennessee Republican and U.S.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist. Tennessee is FedEx\'s home state.

FedEx has given the university two

letters explaining the mix-up and taking the blame for the late delivery. Strait further said the university and

FedEx were talking about \"sharing some financial responsibility.\"

\"We know how serious this is and we

are apologetic. We are working with our customer to get a resolution to this matter,\" FedEx spokeswoman Sandra

Munoz said. Due to confidentiality agreements, she declined to comment on any specific talks.

Gossamer_2701
02-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for posting the whole story, Belgareth

Fed-X definitely screwed up, but so did the university

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Why on earth would they wait until the very last day of the

deadline to mail out the applications /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif The school should have

set their own deadline for the day before just to be safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Oh

well...kinda like those people that wait until 11:59 PM April 15th to try and mail their taxes

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Goss

belgareth
02-07-2004, 05:10 PM
You are right, the school screwed up. I do remember from my days around that school that there was

always a lot of pressure about getting the forms and being sure they got processed. I can\'t honestly say that

campus has it\'s job together. onetheless, FedEx makes a commitment and frequently fails to fulfill it. In most

cases they blame it on the customer. I ship and recieve a lot of packages (20-30 a week) and FedEx screws up more

than any other carrier. In every case, it is never their fault or their policy has some loophole that allows them to

blow you off.

InternationalPlayboy
04-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Had my first disappointment with UPS this week. I ordered a performance part for my car on

Monday, got the ship notice on Tuesday, with a delivery date of April 1st.

Well, April fools! According to

the UPS tracking site, the package arrived in Phoenix at 6:10 PM on March 31st. On the 1st, the UPS truck passed

right by my house. At around 6:30PM April 1st, the website still said that the package was ontime for April 1st

delivery, but sitting in Phoenix.

Checking today, it shows it left Phoenix on April 2nd at 3:12 AM, arrived

in Yuma at 6:39 AM and was on the truck at 7:24 AM today. It had a revised delivery date of today.

I wonder

why UPS sat on the thing for over 24 hours in Phoenix before finally sending it to its final destination. I picture

it sitting in a corner, forgotten about until after the truck left on the morning of the 1st.

InternationalPlayboy
04-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Update: Apparently my package from UPS had been damaged, along with at least one other. I had

ordered a performance air filter for my car. Well, the package arrived looking worse for wear and all taped up. When

I opened it, not only was my air filter in the box, but also three small foam wedges of some kind with a hand

lettered part number on the bag they were in. My guess is that the truck was missed on the 1st because they had a

couple of open packages and they were sorting the loose pieces out. They probably thought that this is a filter box

and these foam things must be filters, so they must all go together.

bigdog
04-02-2004, 07:09 PM
They rush it crazily therefore FedEx often delivers damaged. I don\'t use them. In this case you

don\'t get what you pay for.