PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present

manchorito
12-21-2003, 10:26 AM
What matters more

to a female, a present that is thoughtful, or one that is practical like jewelry. The girl I am involved with was

telling me how her first car would be a black mistibushi eclipse with pink flourescnet lights under it. Though I am

not a fan of the car... I bought this toy eclipse and rigged up a pink light under it. I am probably going to get

her jewelry too, but for all those ladies out there, is the fact that i listened and remembered and made her a

thoughful present, for lack of a better phrase, would I score some points in the relationship if I gave her the toy

I made?

EXIT63
12-21-2003, 10:49 AM
How bout one of these. (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=women&Number=104326&page=0&

amp;view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1\")

Elana
12-21-2003, 11:34 AM
The car idea is

cute. She doesn\'t need jewelry. She isn\'t your girlfriend, so don\'t overwhelm her. She sounds like she has

terrific taste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
A black car with pink neon lights...classy

belgareth
12-21-2003, 11:41 AM
My daughter just

had her 17 birthday yesterday and Christmas is around the corner. She has been getting gifts ranging from expensive

perfume to silly toys. Her favorite so far? A silly little stuffed animal but it is unique and very amusing. The one

that gave her expensive perfume she called an idiot for spending so much on her \"And I am not even dating him!\".

If you really want to get her something she\'ll appreciate, get her something to make her smile or giggle

without being too personal.

franki
12-21-2003, 03:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
a black mistibushi eclipse

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

a black mistibushi... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

manchorito
12-21-2003, 04:01 PM
NOTE: I never

said I was a fan of the pink lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
12-21-2003, 04:23 PM
I like the car

idea.

Holmes

manchorito
12-22-2003, 10:13 AM
Yea, so its not

how much it costs, its what it means. Behind every gift there is a meaning (or at least some stupid meaning that the

guy made up to get her in bed). Tbink about it, an expensive ring is just a normal gift, but if the guy says its a

promise ring, suddenly the relationship goes way up. So I could give her this car thing i made her, and it would

mean more than some jewelry or clothes, right? But the problem is, what if I ask her to start a serious relationship

before Christmas (long story, but I need to ask her soon, so I don\'t lose her), then will that car thing be an

acceptable gift from a boyfriend?

belgareth
12-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Yea, so its not how much it costs, its what it

means. Behind every gift there is a meaning (or at least some stupid meaning that the guy made up to get her in

bed). Tbink about it, an expensive ring is just a normal gift, but if the guy says its a promise ring, suddenly the

relationship goes way up. So I could give her this car thing i made her, and it would mean more than some jewelry or

clothes, right? But the problem is, what if I ask her to start a serious relationship before Christmas (long story,

but I need to ask her soon, so I don\'t lose her), then will that car thing be an acceptable gift from a

boyfriend?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I think it would still be fine.

Holmes
12-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Same

here.

Holmes

Icarus
12-22-2003, 11:32 AM
what if I ask her to start a serious relationship

You could always just dress up as a vampire, if you really want

to scare her.

joking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gifts are as gifts does(? - caffiene is

bad) s\'gotta be personal without being sappy. Expense and extravagance are pretty troublesome issues.

Tread

these difficult waters carefully, dear Manchorito. It is my wish to see you happy in the coming

year.

Steve

P.S. You could always make her some homemade Jams.

CptKipling
12-22-2003, 03:31 PM
When buying

presents for anyone it should always be true that thoughtfulness&gt;expense.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
12-23-2003, 11:31 AM
the car´s cool, I had

one given to me once /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Don´t recommend jewellry either though, it´s

too intimate, you may not know her taste - wait until you´re a real couple. Do you really think jewellery´s

something practical though mancho? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Some flowers are nice, keep it nice and simple - a nice gesture

is all you´ll need to make, she´ll appreciate it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EXIT63
12-23-2003, 06:53 PM
You can not go wrong

with \"THE CLAPPER\".

Trust me on this one.

Holmes
12-23-2003, 07:03 PM
A fruitcake is

always good.

Or a linoleum frog.

Holmes

EXIT63
12-23-2003, 07:11 PM
cha cha cha chia

Holmes
12-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Nothing spells

\"love\" like a White Castle Sack O\' Ten.

Holmes

EXIT63
12-24-2003, 04:23 AM
If only they were

open on Christmas Day.

manchorito
12-24-2003, 12:51 PM
NEW SUBJECT:

She turned me down because she didn\'t want a boyfriend at the time. So now, I want to end up on top, and I want

to go by her house and give her this gift, and be like, here, I made this before everything got messed up, and just

drive off, and maybe she will feel like a dumb*ss for leading me on.

franki
12-24-2003, 01:15 PM
I would keep the

present for another time (and girl)..

Sagacious1420
12-24-2003, 01:23 PM
NEW SUBJECT: She turned me down because she

didn\'t want a boyfriend at the time. So now, I want to end up on top, and I want to go by her house and give her

this gift, and be like, here, I made this before everything got messed up, and just drive off, and maybe she will

feel like a dumb*ss for leading me on.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">Well, I think you have it

partially right. Forget the stupid crap about needing to \"be on top\". If you look at this as a competition,

then I think you\'re mistaken, there can be no winner in that kinda game. OK, so you\'re pissed about feeling

rejected...fine...but if you follow through w/ this kinda plan, then you\'re playing games just as much as you

think she is. How is that gonna make you look better? Forget all this vengeful BS! If you still wanna give her

the gift, then just drop on by, act as if the whole affair is no big deal, give her the gift, say \"Merry

Christmas\" in a cordial manner and go on about your business. You\'ve just given her an amusing, thoughtful

gift w/out having to be a dink about it. Be the better person. Which would you prefer that she thinks about

whenever she looks at it: Wow, what a jerk or Wow, what a great guy? She\'ll either experience regret or she

won\'t. Being petty isn\'t going to help a thing. If you keep your cool, she\'s more likely to think fondly

of you every time she looks at it. Leaving her w/ a positive impression will serve you better than a negative one.

If she does experience regret, then it\'s a result of her decision and not because you tried to make her feel that

way. She certainly can\'t blame you for that, now can she? If it doesn\'t effect her a bit either way,

who cares.

Holmes
12-24-2003, 01:25 PM
I would keep the present for another time (and

girl)..

Yeah, but what other girl is going to own a black Eclipse

with pink fluorescent lights? L\'il Kim?

I say give it to her just for the hell of it and hope that she is, at

the very least, amused with her bad self. The beeyotch.

Holmes

Sagacious1420
12-24-2003, 01:27 PM
NEW SUBJECT: She turned me down because she

didn\'t want a boyfriend at the time. So now, I want to end up on top, and I want to go by her house and give her

this gift, and be like, here, I made this before everything got messed up, and just drive off, and maybe she will

feel like a dumb*ss for leading me on.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">Well, I think you have it

partially right. Forget the stupid crap about needing to \"be on top\". If you look at this as a competition,

then I think you\'re mistaken, there can be no winner in that kinda game. OK, so you\'re pissed about feeling

rejected...fine...but if you follow through w/ this kinda plan, then you\'re playing games just as much as you

think she is. How is that gonna make you look better? Forget all this vengeful BS! If you still wanna give her

the gift, then just drop on by, act as if the whole affair is no big deal, give her the gift, say \"Merry

Christmas\" (and nothing more, forget about the \"before everything got messed up\" part), smile and go on about

your business. You\'ve just given her an amusing, thoughtful gift w/out having to be a dink about it. Be the

better person. Which impression would you prefer to leave w/ her: Wow, what a jerk or Wow, what a great guy?

She\'ll either experience regret or she won\'t. Being petty isn\'t going to help a thing. If you keep your

cool, she\'s more likely to think fondly of you every time she looks at it. Leaving her w/ a positive impression

will serve you better than a negative one. If she does experience regret, then it\'s a result of her decision and

not because you tried to make her feel that way. She certainly can\'t blame you for that, now can she? If

it doesn\'t effect her a bit either way, who cares.

EXIT63
12-24-2003, 01:50 PM
The very best thing

you can do is go find an older woman.

Sagacious1420
12-24-2003, 02:05 PM
The very best thing you can do is go find an older

woman.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">Especially one who\'ll spring for White Castle.

Sagacious1420
12-24-2003, 02:05 PM
The very best thing you can do is go find an older

woman.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">Especially one who\'ll treat you to White Castle.

Holmes
12-24-2003, 02:07 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or better yet,

Jack In The Box.

Holmes

Sagacious1420
12-24-2003, 02:08 PM

Or better yet, Jack In The Box.

Holmes

<hr

I dunno, can\'t get more gourmet than White Castle.

Holmes
12-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Dude, I\'ve never

even been to one of those!

(BTW, it\'s usually a good omen if she springs for the In-N-Out

Burger.)

Holmes

Elana
12-24-2003, 02:25 PM

(BTW, it\'s usually a good omen if she springs

for the In-N-Out Burger.)

Holmes

Oh yeah.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I\'m still hoping for that linoleum frog.

Sagacious1420
12-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Holmes-

You don\'t know what you\'re missing!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ignorance really is bliss!

Holmes
12-24-2003, 02:38 PM
I\'m still hoping for that linoleum frog.

<hr

What, do you think I\'m made of linoleum frogs or

something?

Holmes

Holmes
12-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Sag,

Figured as

much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I knew my ignorance would come in handy

somehow.)

Holmes

manchorito
12-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Well, once

again this post has gone completely off topic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EXIT63
12-25-2003, 02:51 AM
Yo Holmes! How do I

get back on the freeway?

Holmes
12-25-2003, 07:27 AM
Jigga, first

you\'ll need a black ride with pink fluorescent lights and sixteen switches. Then you need to fill the back seat

wit some ho ho hos.

Well, once again this post

has gone completely off topic

People have offered advice. Have you

taken (or even considered) any of it?

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Holmes

DrSmellThis
12-26-2003, 05:19 AM