PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson-- charged to be filed, today

Kari
12-18-2003, 07:44 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=765&ncid=787&e=8&u=/nm/20031218/p

eople_nm/crime_jackson_dc (\"http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=765&ncid=787&e=8&u=/nm/20031218/people_nm/c

rime_jackson_dc\")

DrSmellThis
12-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Where\'s Captain Hook when you need him?

CJ01
12-19-2003, 02:25 PM
what can one say about this? It´s wierd to me that this took so long until an `official´charge was

made. I mean he´s been virtually condemned already or not? Sorry, but sometimes I don´t get how the US law system

functions. At times, it´s almost like a showbizzy affair.??

I´m holding my breath on this one, seriously. Is it

just a case of `let´s make sh*t loadsa money´ again? Or what? Last time this happened it was pretty obvious what it

was all about but now I´m really not sure WHAT to believe anymore

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

belgareth
12-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Our \'Legal\' system is a joke! I\'ve given up on the concept of justice, it just doesn\'t seem

to be the goal any longer. Publicity and brownie points for convicting somebody regardless of guilt seem to be the

goal now. On the defense side of it, keeping them out of jail under any condition, regardless of guilt seems to be

their goal. Nobody cares if criminals go free or innocent people lose everything, so long as the game is played.

koolking1
12-19-2003, 03:39 PM
I think it\'s just California \"justice\". Even the NYC mob trials don\'t get this much

publicity (they do get some, but not 24 hours a day coverage on the cable news channels). This could be interesting

with the Nation of Islam trying to be part of it and I did hear that Johnny Cochran may be called in too. Needless

to say, it will be plastered all over the screen for months to come. It\'s all so sad really.

Holmes
12-19-2003, 03:41 PM
It certainly is, Ollie.

Holmes

EXIT63
12-20-2003, 05:10 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
It certainly is, Ollie.

Holmes

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Icarus
12-20-2003, 05:18 AM
We here fear the Kabuki mask of Jack-Sonn.

Kari
12-20-2003, 07:44 AM
We here fear the Kabuki mask of

Jack-Sonn.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Michael Jackson joke: Only in America can a poor,

black boy grow up to be a rich, white woman.

To be fair, I think somebody shoulda short circuited him with kids

a long time ago. 45 year old men shouldn\'t be sharing beds with little kids, whether anything is going on, or

not.

But, it would be lovely if we could have just ONE celebrity trial without Barnum and Bailey moving in.

CJ01
12-20-2003, 08:06 AM
I personally find that cameras should not be allowed into a courtroom. I mean what goes on inside a

court has no place on TV. Hard enough sometimes for people to testify but then having it all broadcasted for the

whole damn world/country to see? How humiliating that must be for say, a rape victim ?!?!
I´m 200% against

real-life court TV! It really does turn a legal issue into a form of entertainment. I´m glad the countries I´ve

lived in have a strict law against this type of thing.
As for the rest I can´t say too much, I´ve never been

directly affected by the law system in the US.

CJ

Kari
12-20-2003, 08:16 AM
I personally find that cameras should

not be allowed into a courtroom. I mean what goes on inside a court has no place on TV. Hard enough sometimes for

people to testify but then having it all broadcasted for the whole damn world/country to see? How humiliating that

must be for say, a rape victim ?!?!
I´m 200% against real-life court TV! It really does turn a legal issue into a

form of entertainment. I´m glad the countries I´ve lived in have a strict law against this type of thing.
As for

the rest I can´t say too much, I´ve never been directly affected by the law system in the US.

CJ

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Prolly a little worse in So. California. We have that \"movie

mentality\" going. Look what happened to Ito-- O.J.\'s judge. He was thought to be a FINE jurist, BEFORE the

trial-- then, he got a taste of them mini-cams.....

belgareth
12-20-2003, 09:28 AM
I personally find that cameras should

not be allowed into a courtroom. I mean what goes on inside a court has no place on TV. Hard enough sometimes for

people to testify but then having it all broadcasted for the whole damn world/country to see? How humiliating that

must be for say, a rape victim ?!?!
I´m 200% against real-life court TV! It really does turn a legal issue into a

form of entertainment. I´m glad the countries I´ve lived in have a strict law against this type of thing.
As for

the rest I can´t say too much, I´ve never been directly affected by the law system in the US.

CJ

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I understand that many countries do not release the name of an accused or

discuss anything to do with a case with the public unless there is a guilty verdict. Our media circus, IMO, gets in

the way of justice and we would all be better off if everything to do with accusations was kept confidential.

The media claims to act as a watch dog but they really serve no function in most cases other than to

pre-determine guilt or innocence for us. The OJ Simpson trial is a good case in point. The media, with the help of

numerous police department leaks convicted him of the crime before it ever went to trial. Who can really be sure

what did happen or that there was a fair and unbiased jury in either the civil or criminal trials after that?