Holmes

Pancho1188
12-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Out of

curiosity, what is it?

Holmes
12-14-2003, 01:23 PM
It\'s a suspension

of submicroscopic metallic silver particles in a colloidal base. Supposed to have strong antibacterial and antiviral

properties.

I just don\'t know anyone who\'s used

it...

www.silver-colloids.com/Reports/reports.html

(\"http://www.silver-colloids.com/Reports/reports.html\")

Holmes

Whitehall
12-14-2003, 07:45 PM
It was a ancient

antibotic and might have some effectiveness. It was used until the late 1800\'s (I think.)

Never tried it

myself.

Bruce
12-15-2003, 12:41 AM
I\'ve used it for

years. The most dramatic results were with an eye infection (\"pink eye\" kind of thing). I\'ve also used it

as a gargle for sore throats, and dropwise for earaches. I think it is great for topical application like that.

Not sure if you can expect it to work like an antibiotic when taken internally.

Make sure to take note of the

concentration before buying. It\'s pricey stuff. Might be worth reading up on the details first.

Bruce

phersurf
12-15-2003, 03:15 PM
I does seem to

have some effect on biological infections. Has no effect on viral infections.

Doctors used to put in newborn\'s

eyes to prevent infections due to all the biological fluids left over from birth.

If you take too much, it may

deposit in organs and skin turning you an intersting shade of grey.

Whitehall
12-15-2003, 09:07 PM
They use silver

nitrate drops for newborn eyes.

Holmes
12-16-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks,

guys.

Found this

link:

[url=\"http://www.biogenesis.co.za/art-silver-kimball.asp\"]www.biogenesis.co.za/art-silver-kimball.asp[/

url]

Basically a sales pitch for a product called Silvicidal, but interesting nonetheless.

Holmes

Ash
12-17-2003, 03:33 AM
If I\'m not mistaken

Colloidal Silver was the first antibiotic approved by the FDA way back when. Silver solutions have been used for

centuries to heal infections. It was used somewhat effectively as a douche and a contraceptive by woman for years

before the modern stuff came out. Women would leave a silver dollar in a bedpan and flush themselves out after sex.

You have to be careful with the CS being sold these days. If it isn\'t filtered down to a certain micron level it

will mess up your kidneys and liver and even turn your skin to a grayish color.

MadMaxx
12-18-2003, 08:54 PM
I have tried it and

was not impressed. I realize the supposed benefits of silver; all I am saying is that I did not find it useful for

cold prevention, relief,... whatever. I do not plan to waste my money on it again. If I ever used it, it would be

for \"first aid\" applications.

Bruce
12-19-2003, 10:04 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I have tried it and was not impressed. I realize

the supposed benefits of silver; all I am saying is that I did not find it useful for cold prevention, relief,...

whatever. I do not plan to waste my money on it again. If I ever used it, it would be for \"first aid\"

applications.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Max,
Next time you are in your local health food

store, browse through the colloidal silver offerings and you should notice a vast gulf from the weakest to the

stongest soloutions. The bottle I have in hand here reads \"Low potency; 50 PPM\" and there were other makers

with far lower amounts, which I would guess have very little effect.

I still wouldn\'t expect the stuff to have

much effect on a systemic infection like a cold or flu, but it really seems to work wonders for local infections

like pink eye, ear infection, and maybe even a sudden soar throat.

B

Holmes
12-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Who knows if this

crap really works, but

http://www.colloidsforlife

.com/SilverConditions/silver_Cold_and_Flu_Remedy.php (\"http://www.colloidsforlife.com/SilverConditions/silver_Cold_and_Flu_Remedy.php\")

Holmes

MadMaxx
12-21-2003, 08:14 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I have tried it and was not impressed. I realize the supposed benefits of

silver; all I am saying is that I did not find it useful for cold prevention, relief,... whatever. I do not plan to

waste my money on it again. If I ever used it, it would be for \"first aid\" applications.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Max,
Next time you are in your local health food store, browse

through the colloidal silver offerings and you should notice a vast gulf from the weakest to the stongest

soloutions. The bottle I have in hand here reads \"Low potency; 50 PPM\" and there were other makers with far

lower amounts, which I would guess have very little effect.

I still wouldn\'t expect the stuff to have much

effect on a systemic infection like a cold or flu, but it really seems to work wonders for local infections like

pink eye, ear infection, and maybe even a sudden soar throat.

B

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Good point Bruce. I just checked my bottle which came from LifePlus, and it is only 20 ppm. No

wonder the stuff was useless. I hadn\'t compared products in the store, because I wasn\'t really very interested

in the stuff.

Holmes
12-21-2003, 08:20 PM
Well, I just ordered

some from www.nutrivera.com (\"http://www.nutrivera.com\"). Recommended by several satisfied customers.

We\'ll see how it works.

Holmes