PDA

View Full Version : My wife's married, but I'm not....

Kari
12-11-2003, 07:26 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=84&ncid=787&e=9&u=/pagesix/200312

11/en_pagesix/atangledweb (\"http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=84&ncid=787&e=9&u=/pagesix/20031211/en_page

six/atangledweb\")

Pancho1188
12-11-2003, 08:17 AM
I still say find one person you can love and have wild sex with all of the time, and that\'s all

you\'ll need... It just takes a lot of work sometimes to keep going. I don\'t know about you, but I\'d never

have a problem getting hot for the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Oh, well. I guess I\'m an

idealist.

Kari
12-11-2003, 08:22 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I still say find one person you can love and have

wild sex with all of the time, and that\'s all you\'ll need... It just takes a lot of work sometimes to keep

going. I don\'t know about you, but I\'d never have a problem getting hot for the person I wanted to spend the

rest of my life with. Oh, well. I guess I\'m an idealist.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Actually, I agree. I can\'t handle more than one. Besides, one never runs out of pay options.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pancho1188
12-11-2003, 08:26 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I still say find one person you can love and have wild sex with all of the

time, and that\'s all you\'ll need... It just takes a lot of work sometimes to keep going. I don\'t know

about you, but I\'d never have a problem getting hot for the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Oh, well. I guess I\'m an idealist.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Actually, I agree. I

can\'t handle more than one. Besides, one never runs out of pay options.

Which reminds

me... Sunday I\'m coming over to \"fix your stereo\", Tuesday I\'m coming over to \"clean your pipes\", and

Thursday you\'re stopping by to \"rearrange my furniture\"...right?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Whitehall
12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Life\'s a bit more

complicated than some of you young folks imagine.....

Elana
12-11-2003, 11:12 AM
I still say find one person you can

love and have wild sex with all of the time, and that\'s all you\'ll need... It just takes a lot of work

sometimes to keep going. I don\'t know about you, but I\'d never have a problem getting hot for the person I

wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

That was funny

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

franki
12-11-2003, 11:15 AM
I don\'t know, but personally I just can\'t imagine to be attracted to and stay with someone for

the rest of my life. I have seen it all around me and almost no-one stays together...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Elana
12-11-2003, 11:26 AM
I don\'t know, but personally I just

can\'t imagine to be attracted to and stay with someone for the rest of my life. I have seen it all around me and

almost no-one stays together... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

It\'s a nice fantasy, but that is all it is.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I am not saying that people don\'t stay in love and feel

passion for each other, but what Pancho said (no offense sweetness)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif was just funny.

Kari
12-11-2003, 11:27 AM
</font><blockquote><font

I still say

find one person you can love and have wild sex with all of the time, and that\'s all you\'ll need... It just

takes a lot of work sometimes to keep going. I don\'t know about you, but I\'d never have a problem getting hot

for the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Oh, well. I guess I\'m an idealist.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Actually, I agree. I can\'t handle more than one. Besides, one never

runs out of pay options. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Which reminds me... Sunday I\'m coming over to \"fix your stereo\", Tuesday I\'m coming

over to \"clean your pipes\", and Thursday you\'re stopping by to \"rearrange my furniture\"...right?

I dunno, Panch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Last time was GREAT (especially after the hypnosis). But, you

walked away, afterward, whistling \"Mrs. Robinson.\"

Kari
12-11-2003, 12:15 PM
I don\'t know, but personally I just can\'t

imagine to be attracted to and stay with someone for the rest of my life. I have seen it all around me and almost

no-one stays together... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I sort of like \"serial monogamy.\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Elana
12-11-2003, 12:32 PM
</font><blockquote><font

I don\'t know, but personally I just can\'t imagine to be attracted to

and stay with someone for the rest of my life. I have seen it all around me and almost no-one stays together...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I sort of like

\"serial monogamy.\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Everyone likes it, it is just not realistic to want to have \"wild sex\" with your partner

for life and not crave other people. It sounds great. It just doesn\'t happen.

Pancho1188
12-11-2003, 03:37 PM
</font><blockquote><font

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
I still say find one person you can love and

have wild sex with all of the time, and that\'s all you\'ll need... It just takes a lot of work sometimes to

keep going. I don\'t know about you, but I\'d never have a problem getting hot for the person I wanted to spend

the rest of my life with. Oh, well. I guess I\'m an idealist.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Actually, I agree. I can\'t handle more than one. Besides, one never runs out of pay options.

Which reminds

me... Sunday I\'m coming over to \"fix your stereo\", Tuesday I\'m coming over to \"clean your pipes\", and

Thursday you\'re stopping by to \"rearrange my furniture\"...right?

I dunno, Panch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Last time was GREAT (especially after the hypnosis). But, you

walked away, afterward, whistling \"Mrs. Robinson.\"

See, now

if I could just hypnotize you for the rest of your life, my idealism juuuuuuuust might work...

Pancho1188
12-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Okay, before I get butchered any more...

*Step onto soapbox*

I realize the psychology of it all

because I\'m a psych minor and also a huge psychology buff. The \'love drug\' that makes you go crazy in love

with someone lasts for about 1 1/2-2 years, which is the critical time for developing children. Guys are also

\'programmed\' to spread their seed as much as they can, while women are supposed to be the \'selective

ones\' and pick the best mate. I also know that anything can be habituated, and you will lose that \'spark\',

\'fire\', etc. from just the simple fact that you\'ve spent so damn long with them and your senses get used to

it. New people are, of course, new and bring back all of the \'sparks\', etc. as your previous mate did. Sex

will never be wild and crazy forever, and being \'in love\' dies like anything else. It is almost futile to

resist human nature.

There, happy?

However, I also know that I am unique in my personal experiences. I am a

BIG fan of routine and commitment. I also know what happened to me when my parents divorced, so I won\'t marry

anyone unless I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with this person (and I\'d be too stubborn to get a

divorce). My crazy willpower has allowed me to eat the same damn Total Raisin Bran (before they came out with

Wheaties Energy Crunch, the third brand of Total, and other 100% cereals) every school day for an entire year, and I

might just be crazy enough to psych myself into committing myself to someone for life for better or for worse.

Since I love routine, I would have no problem having sex with the same person over and over again because I will

always remember those lonely times like now when I go months without sex...but hey, that\'s just me.

That being

said, I still want to have sex with every girl I think is attractive, too. I think it\'s fine as long as you

don\'t cheat. If you\'re going to cheat on someone like in that article, have the heart to break up with the

person first. Then you\'re not cheating. What a concept!

Joke of the Day (I realize it\'s stupid and disgusting

(unless you like that sort of thing...nothing wrong with that); it\'s supposed to be):
You don\'t ask another

guy to jerk you off when you get bored of your own hand, do you?

CJ01
12-14-2003, 04:01 AM
fancying other people is one thing, that´s not to say you can´t be faithful to one person for a long period of

time. And it´s not idealistic either, I know one or two couples like that.

Elana
12-14-2003, 07:03 AM
fancying other people is one thing,

that´s not to say you can´t be faithful to one person for a long period of time. And it´s not idealistic either, I

know one or two couples like that.

I agree, CJ. I still have

faith that many couples do remain faithful.

Kari
12-14-2003, 07:48 AM
</font><blockquote><font

fancying other people is one thing, that´s not to say you can´t be faithful

to one person for a long period of time. And it´s not idealistic either, I know one or two couples like that.

I agree, CJ. I still have faith that many couples do remain

faithful.

Agree with both of you. I think it was easire to

remain faithful when people only lived to about age 40. Now, since we live much longer, and make changes much

faster......

CJ01
12-14-2003, 10:20 AM
You don\'t ask another guy to jerk you off when

you get bored of your own hand, do you?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> hahahaha

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJ01
12-14-2003, 10:22 AM
I agree, CJ. I still have faith that many couples

do remain faithful.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> well you´ve been sounding like you don´t believe

in it at all. And I thought you were with someone.

Elana
12-14-2003, 10:26 AM
</font><blockquote><font

I agree, CJ. I still have faith that many couples do remain faithful.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> well you´ve been sounding like you don´t believe in it at all. And I

thought you were with someone.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">That is not at all what I said. I was

laughing at the idea of someone thinking that it could always stay wild and hot between couples forever.

Pancho1188
12-14-2003, 10:50 AM
</font><blockquote><font

I agree,

CJ. I still have faith that many couples do remain faithful.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> well

you´ve been sounding like you don´t believe in it at all. And I thought you were with someone.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">That is not at all what I said. I was laughing at the idea of someone thinking

that it could always stay wild and hot between couples forever.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

And that is not at all what I said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I just

said that if I had a lover I\'d want to have hot sex all of the time. I was referring to the first few years when

it\'s the highest because obviously it goes down over time. However, I have needs and would be looking to my

significant other to satisfy them for years to come. It may not be as hot as the first few years, but that\'s

when you have to be uninhibited and do whatever you can to keep the fire burning. Nothing good ever came easy...

Bruce
12-15-2003, 09:57 AM
I never cheated on my wife, and I\'ve managed to get by some inviting situations without indulging. I think they

call it \"cheating\" for a reason. It\'s generaly dishonest and abusive. I suppose if a couple work out some

sort of \"deal\" that both parties are *really* happy with, then that is certainly their own business. What I get

out of that article however, is plain old breaking promises, back-stabbing, addictive behavior etc etc, and what you

don\'t see between the lines is the abuse that goes on within each of the flings. Somebody often gets hurt there

too; somebody wants the other one to leave their SO; soap operas upon soap operas. Been there, done that; not in my

marriage (thank God, knock on wood or whatever you prefer), but in my young single 60s/70s \"free love\" days, I

spent enough time as a love junky to know what I am talking about.

Maybe I am just an old fart, but I believe in

honesty. When I make a deal, that deal is very important to me. I don\'t cheat. I\'ll even grant you that

the deal may be \"subject to renegotiation\", under circumstances that the couple has to establish for themselves,

but cheating is cheating. Face it. It hurts like hell.

Sincerely,
Bruce

Whitehall
12-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Cheating is also refusing to have sex with your partner or doing so only by making it distasteful.

Marriage vows include a presumption of sexual availability... or at least they used to. If one person breaks

the contract, then the contract is broken for both.

That\'s unfortunate but just. With kids, staying together

as a couple is more important than either partner\'s preferences so sometimes compromises from our ideal

relationship have to be made.

Bruce, you\'re a fortunate man.

DrSmellThis
12-15-2003, 02:46 PM
</font><blockquote><font

You don\'t ask another guy to jerk you off when you get bored of your own

hand, do you?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> hahahaha

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Bible says

love your neighbor as yourself.

But how about switching hands?

DrSmellThis
12-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Yes Bruce is fortunate. No doubt he made some of his own

fortune.

Monogamy is certainly the simplest way, to put it mildly, so it\'s well worth trying to make it

work, or trying to find someone to make it work with. It certainly can and does work. And if it seems not to work

for someone, it is worth it to take a good hard look at possible reasons, by the same token.

There is another

side of course, but that other side, put into practice, carries lots of exquisite pain with whatever pleasure, for

most all parties, even in relatively good case scenarios.

Sometimes intense suffering is unavoidable in

life, for oneself and meaningful others. Being willing to suffer oneself for a good cause can sometimes be a useful

tool for minimizing overall suffering, at least to a point.

For those who have lots of sexual energy, a

sexless marriage is at times torturous, scary, and desparate.

One can, with deliberate work, transmute some

of one\'s sexual energy into creativity, physical vitality, and love for one\'s community.

The rest is a

matter of balance and harmony, even where valued principles are concerned. No one who has not walked in your shoes

can determine where the harmony in your \"wildly polytonal\" life is.

Cheating is cheating, and cheating is

bad in various ways. Whether it is absolutely bad for some person is another question. Most of us hope and

pray we will never cheat, if we have not. Sometimes \"arrangements\" can be worked out, but usually

not.

Nonetheless, it is well worth working like hell whenever and wherever \"hell\" is at stake, even if

this work involves ending a relationship.

Pancho1188
12-15-2003, 07:43 PM
</font><blockquote><font

You

don\'t ask another guy to jerk you off when you get bored of your own hand, do you?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\"> hahahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr

The Bible says love your neighbor as yourself.

But how about switching

hands?

Switching hands is like switching from the missionary to

\"snake in hen\'s mouth\" (as in the Kama Sutra) position...

Whitehall
12-15-2003, 09:04 PM
One of the men\'s

magazines a few months ago had on the cover:

<font color=\"red\"> WIN FREE SEX FOR LIFE </font>

Eye-catching, no? Inside the details of the offer were about how to win a free wedding ring.

How

droll.

Bruce
12-16-2003, 09:39 AM
It is true I am very

lucky. Not because it was easy getting where we are, or because we are completely out of the woods, neither of

which are true, but because we always seemed to get some magic from somewhere just when and where we needed it.

I

hit some very desperate times with my marriage; so bad that had we been living in the US at the time, I probably

would have indulged myself in some legal consultation. What we did though was renegotiate the contract. As

painful as it was for both of us at the time, we agreed to stay together and really work on the marriage at least

until our one child was in middle school. Then if we didn\'t want to be together, we would discuss the matter

with our kid and work out a divorce. Maybe that sounds crazy, but it really worked for us. Things began to improve

immediately, the key being that the deal was that we would \"work at the marriage\" and needless to say no

cheating. Yeah, there were some periods where Rosey Palm was my gf, but I stuck to the rules and assume my wife did

too. With no extramarital holes poked in our lust containers, we were eager to get together sexually when the time

was right. A couple of years of rough going but steady improvement, and we decided to have another kid. That was a

major turning point, and we have never felt the need to discuss divorce again or any other new terms to the contract

other than what we agreed to in front of our friends and family when we got married.

WH, under the terms you

mention, I would renegotiate the contract rather than just automatically consider it null and void. If both patners

have reached a point where they have no problem with the other spending time with others, maybe that can be written

in. I dont\' know. I would be devastated if my wife came to me out of the blue with a proposal like that, but

under the conditions you describe, maybe it is the way to go, and beats the secrecy thing by a mile in my book.

B

CJ01
12-16-2003, 11:08 AM
WIN FREE SEX FOR LIFE

Eye-catching, no? Inside

the details of the offer were about how to win a free wedding ring.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\"> a ring? For one person? weirdos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

belgareth
12-16-2003, 12:57 PM
It amazes me

the excuses people find for cheating. Marriage is not just a contract, it is your given promise. Regardless of any

other person\'s behavior, a promise is still that. To cheat is to demean yourself even more so than it is to your

partner. If there is an issue in a marriage where a person\'s needs are not being fulfilled then there are grounds

for renegotiation, to seek counseling or to divorce. But to cheat, with the lying and deceit that goes with it, can

never be justified. The explanation that a divorce is impossible doesn\'t hold water. No child is better off in a

household where there is constant strife or where one or both parents are demonstrating marital infidelity. It\'s

easy to say they won\'t catch on but they will. Children are very perceptive. They may not be able to verbalize it

but they do know that something is wrong.

OCP
12-16-2003, 04:25 PM
I still say find one person you can love and have

wild sex with all of the time, and that\'s all you\'ll need... It just takes a lot of work sometimes to keep

going. I don\'t know about you, but I\'d never have a problem getting hot for the person I wanted to spend the

rest of my life with. Oh, well. I guess I\'m an idealist.

It is impossible to have Wild sex everytime. Spouses are tired, kids interupt, one or the other is not in the

mood, Whiskey dick. However, couples should make it as enjoyable for each other as life allows.

It is

unfortunate that wives turn into mothers. At that point sex goes way down on the scale of what is important. Do

not get me wrong; it is still enjoyable, but kids, the home, etc become more important. With that said it is still

very important, perhaps even more important than before, for wives to make the effort to please their husbands.

I

believe if someone wants to cheat it most likely is not about sex alone. There are other deeper issues in the

relationship that need to be corrected. If you cheat you will get caught and the hurt that will be created will be

devestating sp? for alot of innocent people. If you really care for your spouse you will not cheat.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Icarus
12-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Whiskey dick

<hr

The rather ill-fated detective series on HBO.

I\'m of the

opinion that it doesn\'t HAVE to be *wild* all the time (but it still can be occasionally) when the

relationship gets to that stage; but this is replaced with comfort, familiarity and all-round well-honed

quality.

Meh.

Steve

Holmes
12-17-2003, 06:39 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Whiskey dick

The rather

ill-fated detective series on HBO.

A Rebus

spinoff, with lots of drunken ho-slapping.

Too bad it was cancelled.

Holmes

OCP
12-17-2003, 11:03 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Whiskey dick

I\'m of

the opinion that it doesn\'t HAVE to be *wild* all the time (but it still can be occasionally) when the

relationship gets to that stage; but this is replaced with comfort, familiarity and all-round well-honed

quality.

I totally agree! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
12-17-2003, 12:31 PM
I agree, I mean sex can´t be `wild´everytime and doesn´t have to be, even in the beginning, but it can still be

intense and intimate and erotic somehow right? I mean there´s couples out there who manage, right?

If you really care for your spouse you will

not cheat.

Yes, plus I reckon that people who are cheating and

lying and so on, just have no respect for their partners!
Falling in love with someone else is not a crime, but if

it results in total betrayal, and lying and all that crap, it´s just not disrespectful and insulting, it also shows

that a person has been together with a spineless *§($$/%* .
And to me it makes no difference whether 2 people are

married by law or not, it´s about commitment. Being married or not makes no difference. And there´s always that

thing with catching something and passing it on.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
The least one can

do is to be honest....
.... and get another glas of that great new wine you´re just trying out

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

belgareth
12-17-2003, 01:20 PM
I agree, I mean sex can´t be

`wild´everytime and doesn´t have to be, even in the beginning, but it can still be intense and intimate and erotic

somehow right? I mean there´s couples out there who manage, right?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

My own experience is that sex gets better the longer you are involved with somebody. You

understand their likes and disliikes better and learn what really excites them and they learn the same about you.

That is assuming both parties make an effort to to please the other person.

CJ01
12-17-2003, 01:33 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and that´s why us women know that a guy who keeps sleeping

around ie mostly has one nighters isn´t that great in bed really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

well, a lot of women realize that I suppose. Guys like that are only after their own satisfaction and don´t really

make much of an effort. They may be good at getting women into bed but once there - they make lousy lovers !!!

There´s some women like that too though. Beats me.

The thing with `long term´is that some may think of a year as

longterm and others 5 years plus.

But when the time comes to break up, it comes and ( should) happen. I mean

there´s no point keeping it for pretence.

I went out with a guy once who was just divorced/separated from his

wife and they were just great friends after they split up. A clean break´s always the best thing. Sadly it doesn´t

always happen.

My god, that new wine´s really good! 13 % too, phew

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I´m really

rambling too much again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lucky
01-08-2004, 09:40 AM
There are lots of forms of cheating in marriage, not all adulterous. When a loving spouse is purposely

cheated of kindness, attention and affection, just because the controlling spouse CAN - the pain is much worse than

adultery. Been both places, give me the adultery any day...at least there\'s a reason for the pain.

Whitehall
01-09-2004, 11:00 AM
\"Cheating\" can be the deliberate or negligent withholding of physical affection, usually as a power play within

the relationship. Divorce is not the only, or usually the best, answer.

Found an interesting book on the

subject: \"The Fifty Mile Rule.\"

Holmes
01-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Good

book.

Holmes

belgareth
01-09-2004, 03:01 PM
\"Cheating\" can be the deliberate or negligent

withholding of physical affection, usually as a power play within the relationship. Divorce is not the only, or

usually the best, answer.

Found an interesting book on the subject: \"The Fifty Mile Rule.\"

<hr

I don\'t think that could be called cheating but it is cruel.