View Full Version : J V Kohl - diagram

abductor
12-02-2003, 11:47 AM
JVK,
Teacher
Plaese

one or two words about this diagram! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Diagram

HERE (\"http://evolution.anthro.univie.ac.at/ishe/electronic/kohl.jpg\")

jvkohl
12-02-2003, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your

interest; succinct details are at the bottom of the diagram--though, of course, it is difficult to explain in a

single paragraph. Even in the detailed explanations I have given when presenting the diagram at various conferences,

people seem to get lost in the details (mostly Ph.D.\'s and M.D.\'s).

It represents all of what is known

about sexual differentiation: that which is prenatally predisposed by genetics, and that which is therefore

influenced by sex differences in the response to pheromones. Pheromones are the only sensory input from the social

environment that can directly influence the GnRH neuronal system, which controls all of reproductive maturation via

the hypothalamic pituitary gonadal (HPG) and hypothalamic pituitary adrenal (HPA) axes. Accordingly, only pheromones

can directly influence the hormones that influence behavior. Links from my website (Scientific information page) may

help others to understand more of the biological facts that the diagram represents. I will continue to try to

clarify the processes involved, but am convinced it will take more than a cursory explanation for most people to

grasp.

I hope that someday someone may interpret it for me so that others can understand it, without my use of

jargon.