PDA

View Full Version : Closing

OCP
12-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Women, I am really bad at closing a

deal. I can meet women all day long, I can talk to them at length and I can keep their interest over time, but I

have difficulty in closing. Any suggestions on how I will know when you are ready for me to push further? FYI, I

have no sisters and my mother is not very feminine and is very religious.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Elana
12-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Find something that you both

have in common and then mention that maybe you should get together in the near future to do this common interest

(stop it, you dirty minds)! Like if you are talking about movies, you could say \"we should go see that new blah

blah comedy staring Ssssssst.\" That way you can gauge her interest without putting her on the spot. If she is

interested in getting together so will make it clear by giving you her phone number or asking for yours.

Bruce
12-06-2003, 10:11 AM
OCP,

Usually during the

conversation you get a feeling about how receptive the woman is to moving on to the next step, but if she is just as

shy as you are it can be hard to read and even comical sometimes. I was watching the Mario Bros movie with my kids

last night and Luigi and his would-be gf were the classic example:
He: You know, if you want me to just leave you

alone, that\'s cool, I\'ll understand.
She: I was just going to say that same thing.
He: I mean, if

you\'re felling like you want to break this off before it even goes anywhere, but you feel guilty about that, and

you need to talk to somebody about it, just give me a call.

I can remember doing/saying things like that when I

was in my 20s.
I was standing in line by myself to buy a symphony ticket when a pretty young woman walked up to

me and said she had an extra ticket I could use. Her dad was the music director and the seats were dead center

front row. We sat together and chatted during the intermission. After the concert I desperately wanted to ask for

her phone number, but this is what came out:
\"Um... do you think I should call you?\"
Now, if she was bursting

with self-confidence and realized my predicament, she could have chuckled and said \"Yes, you definitely should

call me.\" but as it was she wasn\'t in much better shape than I was and said \"I don\'t know.\" And she

remains emblazened in my memory as one of the fish who jumped into the bucket, and I dropped the bucket.

So, what

I am going to recommend is that you write the following sentence down on a piece of paper and keep it in your breast

pocket at all times:
\"I really enjoy chatting with you like this, could we get together for coffee

sometime?\"
Don\'t think about it too much. Just try that as a personal favor to me. Try it every time you are

having a fun conversation with a woman you think you might like to get to know better. If she says yes, then get

her phone number of course and call her up within a couple of days.

Bruce

Pancho1188
12-06-2003, 11:07 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

So, what I am going to recommend is that you write the following sentence

down on a piece of paper and keep it in your breast pocket at all times:
\"I really enjoy chatting with you like

this, could we get together for coffee sometime?\"
Don\'t think about it too much. Just try that as a personal

favor to me. Try it every time you are having a fun conversation with a woman you think you might like to get to

know better. If she says yes, then get her phone number of course and call her up within a couple of

days.

Bruce

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

That\'s a great idea, Bruce! Then you also

have a piece of paper to write her # down on, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Disclaimer:

This is just a joke. I\'m sure you\'d look stupid if you pulled out a piece of paper with the very line you

used to get her #... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif However, in an emergency where you don\'t

have any paper, scratch out that line and flip the paper over without her seeing, then have her write her # on the

back. In that case, the risk would be worth the reward)

Gossamer_2701
12-06-2003, 11:21 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
\"I really enjoy chatting with you like this, could

we get together for coffee sometime?\"

Wow Bruce, that is so

simple... and yet, I\'m sure quite effective, thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I tend to

find that \'Hi\' usually gets me into some pretty great conversations when meeting girls, but I always seem to

\'overanalyze\' what I\'m going to close with, and end up tripping over my own tongue.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I guess I\'ll try keeping it \'simple\' from beginning to

end from now on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Goss

Holmes
12-06-2003, 11:34 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Now, if she was bursting with self-confidence and realized my predicament,

she could have chuckled and said \"Yes, you definitely should call me.\" but as it was she wasn\'t in much

better shape than I was and said \"I don\'t know.\" And she remains emblazened in my memory as one of the fish

who jumped into the bucket, and I dropped the bucket.

You\'re

depressing me, Bruce. Very well put, though.

Holmes

Pancho1188
12-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Hey, at least he had a

shot. Some people don\'t even leave their comfort zone long enough to get one...

Whitehall
12-06-2003, 02:31 PM
The movie to watch

is \"The Tao of Steve\"

Lot\'s of reasonable guidence for young men there.

Holmes
12-06-2003, 03:07 PM
Yup. Great

stuff.

Holmes

tallmacky
12-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Holmes is the

human movie Archieve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bruce
12-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Is that the movie

where the old rabbi is dying, calls his kid to his death-bed and (under the influence of a morphine drip) advises

his only son to \"never settle for second class poontang?\" (very beginning of the movie).

B

Holmes
12-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Nope.

Holmes

kat
12-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Is that the movie where the old rabbi is dying,

calls his kid to his death-bed and (under the influence of a morphine drip) advises his only son to \"never settle

for second class poontang?\" (very beginning of the movie).

B

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

That movie would be \"Shallow Hal\" right??

Hmmm, it might be a good movie for what

\"not to do\"

kat

DrSmellThis
12-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Is that the movie where the old rabbi is dying,

calls his kid to his death-bed and (under the influence of a morphine drip) advises his only son to \"never settle

for second class poontang?\" (very beginning of the movie).

B

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">Had a belly laugh on that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bruce
12-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeah, that was

Shallow Hal. Oops.

B