PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Schwarzenegger quote

belgareth
12-01-2003, 02:31 PM
The new

California governor said:

\"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman,\"

He does have a firm grasp, doesn\'t he? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

abductor
12-01-2003, 02:51 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ...
asta la vista \"Governator\" .

Holmes
12-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Didn\'t

we all know what a disgusting pig he is?

Holmes

franki
12-01-2003, 06:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Didn\'t we all know what a disgusting pig he

is?

Holmes

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Is he really that bad?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Whitehall
12-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Don\'t knock our

governor!

He\'s our best hope for getting the state out of the mess the liberals have gotten it

into.

So someone caught an off-the-cuff line that didn\'t come out quite right. I\'ve seen much worst

flubs WRITTEN on this site.

Only perfect writers and speakers get to throw stones.

It is a great

line, though, one in which I\'m in perfect agreement

Holmes
12-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Sorry. Governor

Schwarzenegger is terrific. Did I spell dat correct?

Holmes

tallmacky
12-01-2003, 09:29 PM
I have been watching

Arnold\'s movies and such since I was a kid, the thing is you have to seperate what you like on screen and what to

expect and to value in real life. Sure Arnold\'s liners reminescent of his movies are great, it seems great and

cool. I personally find roles in Government to be a bit over hyped, most of those doing the work are those behind

the scenes, and the American public with new ideas and movements is the final decision maker or should

be./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I take it more of a figure head which is to have a fun or

charismatic personality.

We all expect our leaders to be smarter, wiser and generally better people than we

are. In Arnold as I have seen with his personality in real life he can be judgemental, arrogant, sexist, somewhat

hateful, mean...If anyone has seen the movie \"Pumping Iron\" watch the way he treats Lou Ferigno who is a great

guy. I tend not to root for guys who show my own lack of character or flaws, though it is a cool feeling like

someone nudging ya\' saying hey..it\'s ok man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am not really

bias towards Arnold, I realize how our system works, and how there have been many who served that maybe in

retrospect we could disagree with or find flaws. I am also not saying a leader cannot have their personal opinions,

but they should have the well being of the people in their mind, not a easy way of thinking. I think for some time

we have been outwardly judgemental of our leaders, I don\'t think it is a crime, what respect is to be given? Then

I expect others to

disagree.

http://www.drudgereport.com/ar1.htm (\"http://www.drudgereport.com/ar1.htm\")

The

link isn\'t to discuss the policies of what is P.C. it is about having a weak character, or not taking lose in a

positive fashion, negative transcendence. Though the spotlight is on and most of us would not shine so bright eh?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Arnold has a lot of \"goof ups\", but of course he did not

model himself in his past to prepare for taking the role of Governor but, we got to see who he truly is, it\'s

hard for anyone to say if they are better morally but we have different expectations for our leaders. I don\'t

think Grey Davis was much help to Cali anyhow.

So is Arnold the best possible leader of California? Probably

not, but are any of the potential best people going to be leaders? Is he the worse? I doubt it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Holmes
12-01-2003, 09:36 PM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I think for some time we have been outwardly judgemental of our

leaders

And each other, apparently.

Holmes

Pancho1188
12-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Sorry. Governor Schwarzenegger is terrific.

Did I spell dat correct?

Holmes

\"No, it\'s spelled like

this: T, double-e, double-r, double-i, double-f, double-i, double-c, c, c...\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

belgareth
12-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Whitehall,

You should

know by now that I hold anybody who aspires to high office in contempt. The obvious megalomania aside, he put

himself in the public\'s eye and his statements got him officailly awarded the Foot in Mouth prize. Let him prove

himself to the people, show he can and will do the job. After all the times the public has been burned by those

elected to represent the people I think we all have the right to be cynical.

Kari
12-02-2003, 12:11 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Whitehall,

You should know by now that I hold anybody who aspires to high

office in contempt. The obvious megalomania aside, he put himself in the public\'s eye and his statements got him

officailly awarded the Foot in Mouth prize. Let him prove himself to the people, show he can and will do the job.

After all the times the public has been burned by those elected to represent the people I think we all have the

right to be cynical.

You mean Der Groppenfuehrer?

Kari
12-02-2003, 12:12 PM
</font><blockquote><font

I have been watching Arnold\'s movies and such since I was a kid, the thing

is you have to seperate what you like on screen and what to expect and to value in real life. Sure Arnold\'s

liners reminescent of his movies are great, it seems great and cool. I personally find roles in Government to be a

bit over hyped, most of those doing the work are those behind the scenes, and the American public with new ideas and

movements is the final decision maker or should be./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I take it more

of a figure head which is to have a fun or charismatic personality.

We all expect our leaders to be smarter,

wiser and generally better people than we are. In Arnold as I have seen with his personality in real life he can be

judgemental, arrogant, sexist, somewhat hateful, mean...If anyone has seen the movie \"Pumping Iron\" watch the

way he treats Lou Ferigno who is a great guy. I tend not to root for guys who show my own lack of character or

flaws, though it is a cool feeling like someone nudging ya\' saying hey..it\'s ok man.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am not really bias towards Arnold, I realize how our system

works, and how there have been many who served that maybe in retrospect we could disagree with or find flaws. I am

also not saying a leader cannot have their personal opinions, but they should have the well being of the people in

their mind, not a easy way of thinking. I think for some time we have been outwardly judgemental of our leaders, I

don\'t think it is a crime, what respect is to be given? Then I expect others to

disagree.

http://www.drudgereport.com/ar1.htm (\"http://www.drudgereport.com/ar1.htm\")

The link

isn\'t to discuss the policies of what is P.C. it is about having a weak character, or not taking lose in a

positive fashion, negative transcendence. Though the spotlight is on and most of us would not shine so bright eh?

Arnold has a lot of \"goof ups\", but of course he did not

model himself in his past to prepare for taking the role of Governor but, we got to see who he truly is, it\'s

hard for anyone to say if they are better morally but we have different expectations for our leaders. I don\'t

think Grey Davis was much help to Cali anyhow.

So is Arnold the best possible leader of California? Probably not,

but are any of the potential best people going to be leaders? Is he the worse? I doubt it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

I hate

the Austrian shithead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kari
12-02-2003, 12:14 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Didn\'t we all know what a disgusting pig he is?

Holmes

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Is he really that bad?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guy who

bullies waitresses and make-up techs into sticking their finger up their coochies and then letting him sniff them?

NAW! A real [censored] Prince Charming! Here, Prince! Fetch Prince!

Pancho1188
12-02-2003, 12:23 PM
The

man passed Proposition 49 (I think it was \'proposition\') that allocates millions of dollars to after-school

programs for middle-school children. When analyzing his ability to govern, one should not criticize him for his

personal life because all that matters is what he does in office. However, there\'s also nothing wrong with

calling him a shmuck if you just don\'t like the guy as a person.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif As long as you don\'t let that tarnish his ability to lead

until he proves himself to be a good or bad governor, by all means call him a jerk.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holmes
12-02-2003, 12:27 PM
I

personally wasn\'t commenting on his abilities (or inabilities) as Governor.

Holmes

Pancho1188
12-02-2003, 12:38 PM
I

know, that\'s why I told everyone who was just calling him a jerk but NOT saying he\'s a bad governor to keep

calling him a jerk. I just didn\'t want people to start saying, \"He\'s a jerk, so he\'ll be/he is a

horrible governor.\" Give the man a chance, but still smack him as a person if you wish.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kari
12-02-2003, 12:52 PM
The man passed Proposition 49 (I think it was

\'proposition\') that allocates millions of dollars to after-school programs for middle-school children. When

analyzing his ability to govern, one should not criticize him for his personal life because all that matters is what

he does in office. However, there\'s also nothing wrong with calling him a shmuck if you just don\'t like the

guy as a person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif As long as you don\'t let that tarnish his

ability to lead until he proves himself to be a good or bad governor, by all means call him a jerk.

I didn\'t say

he was a bad governor. I said he\'s a shithead. It\'s almost a job prerequisite.

Mtnjim
12-02-2003, 01:25 PM
This has

stopped being funny and has become serious. Shouldn\'t it be moved to \"OD\"?

Kari
12-03-2003, 06:51 AM
This has stopped being funny and has become

serious. Shouldn\'t it be moved to \"OD\"?

Der Wankenpuller

should be moved to OD.

Whitehall
12-03-2003, 10:16 AM
Given the mess that

needs to be cleaned up in Sacramento, we need a tough guy. It\'s going to be a tough job.

I don\'t

anticipate hanging with the guy personally so I do care how \"nice\" he is. All I want is a balanced budget, a

business-friendly bureaucracy so I can work in California, and decent BASIC service (roads, school, and

police.)

If he\'s got to crack some skulls to get the job done, get crackin\'.

DrSmellThis
12-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Can I smell your

finger, Whitehall? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Whitehall
12-03-2003, 06:16 PM
No, but you can pull it.....

Kari
12-04-2003, 06:57 AM
Given the mess that needs to be cleaned up in

Sacramento, we need a tough guy. It\'s going to be a tough job.

I don\'t anticipate hanging with the guy

personally so I do care how \"nice\" he is. All I want is a balanced budget, a business-friendly bureaucracy so I

can work in California, and decent BASIC service (roads, school, and police.)

If he\'s got to crack some skulls

to get the job done, get crackin\'.

I don\'t have a problem

with that... if he DOES it... and isn\'t all talk.

One MAJOR issue-- quit taxing business so heavily that

it\'s driven to leave CA. Even the movie business does as much as it can out of state.

Skyy
12-04-2003, 12:04 PM
I agree with Whitehall

100% as well. Anyone up for smelling my finger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

druid
12-04-2003, 11:45 PM
Well at least he

vetoed that bill that would give illegal immigrants driver licenses (sp?)

belgareth
12-05-2003, 03:21 AM
Well at least he vetoed that bill that would give

illegal immigrants driver licenses (sp?)

It\'s appalling that

something like that bill would even get to his desk. What are they thinking there? They are ILLEGAL and you

want to give them drivers\' licenses? Does anybody in Sacramento have a clue?

franki
12-05-2003, 04:25 AM
Besides that, it is

WAY to easy to get a drivers license in California... My dad, who failed for his exam two times in Holland, passed

the test in California (he lived there for a few years) quite easily..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif He said all he had

to do was drive around the corner and he already had his license.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kari
12-05-2003, 05:30 AM
Uh-huh. We also have

interpreters at the CA DMVs who translate the forms and the test questions for applicants who can\'t read English

or can\'t read.

Which means, they also may not be able to read the street signs.

Mtnjim
12-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Besides that, it is WAY to easy to get a drivers

license in California... My dad, who failed for his exam two times in Holland, passed the test in California (he

lived there for a few years) quite easily.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif He said all he had to do was drive around the corner and he already

had his license. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

HOW TO DRIVE LIKE A \"REAL\" CALIFORNIAN

Advice to those visiting or relocating to The

Golden State.

ATTITUDE Believe in your heart, in your soul and in your mind that you are the only motorist that

exists. Everyone in front of you has no right to be where they are and everyone behind you doesn\'t exist. You may

move in any direction you wish at any time without any concern for the consequences of your actions. Remember,

it\'s always the other driver\'s fault.

SPEED LIMITS Speed limit signs indicate the MINIMUM speed at which

you may travel. You MUST exceed the posted limit by AT LEAST 10 miles per hour.

TURN SIGNALS Turn signals have

no practical purpose and therefore, should never be used. Operation of a turn signal will only cause other motorists

to consider you a wimp, a woosey, a dork, a dolt, a jerk and a nerd. Since no one uses them, they don\'t pay

attention when other drivers do.

SEAT BELTS AND INFANT/CHILD RESTRAINTS Just like there are people who smoke and

never get cancer, there ARE extremely rare instances when seat belts and infant/child restraints really could kill

you, and we all know someone who it almost happened to. NEVER put on a seat belt OR use an infant carrier or child

safety seat in your car. Everyone knows the safest place for baby is in your lap, even when you\'re driving. Older

children should ALWAYS stand on the back seat.

MAINTAINING A SAFE FOLLOWING DISTANCE Ha, ha!!! Are you nuts? Ha,

ha!!! Good one!! Ha, ha, ha!!!

PARKING SPACES FOR THE HANDICAPPED A blue sign with an outline drawing of a

wheelchair indicates a block of parking spaces that anyone driving a Cadillac or Lincoln can use at any time.

Whenever possible, the driver should attempt to cover as many of these spaces as possible by parking diagonally

across them.

STOP SIGNS Stop signs are positioned at many intersections because someone needed the work. No need

to pay any attention to them.

TRAFFIC SIGNALS
RED: See \"STOP SIGNS\" above.
YELLOW: Nothing to be

particularly concerned about.
GREEN: Go, but only after you finish combing your hair, putting on makeup, eating

your lunch, smacking the kids, dialing your car phone, finding out who passeded wind or playing with that dorky

laptop computer of yours.

ENTERING AND EXITING FREEWAYS To enter a freeway, proceed up the onramp at a speed no

greater than 35 miles per hour. DO NOT attempt to attain prevailing freeway speeds until AFTER the onramp\'s merge

lane has ended. You\'ll have to because the guy ahead of you did it, too. Proceed at whatever speed you wish to

any lane you wish, preferably the leftmost or \"Number 1\" lane. Turn signals are not necessary when changing

lanes. To exit the freeway, wait until well after the signs have informed you that you are only 1/4 mile away from

your exit. Travel in as straight a line as possible to the rightmost or \"Number 4\" lane, again avoiding the use

of any form of signalling.

LANE STRIPES AND MARKINGS The color, number and pattern of lane stripes and markings

have absolutely no meaning. You may cross any type of lane stripe or marking at any time.

THE 5-STEP CALIFORNIA

LANE CHANGE
5. Move from one lane to any other lane any time you wish.

So, welcome to

California. And remember, if you\'re only visiting, take someone with you when you leave.

Truly, when I first

learned to drive, we had good drivers in San Diego because everyone from out of state was moving to LA and San

Francisco. When the out of staters discovered San Diego, the quality of driver sank rapidly.

druid
12-05-2003, 12:15 PM
It\'s appalling that something like that bill

would even get to his desk. What are they thinking there? They are ILLEGAL and you want to give them

drivers\' licenses? Does anybody in Sacramento have a clue?

I

don\'t know what the hell they were thinking but thank god it didn\'t happen. I mean has anyone in cali heard

of \"terrorists\"!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh and that driving handbook sounds very similar to the one distrubuted in south

florida dmv\'s! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mtnjim
12-05-2003, 12:28 PM
\"Oh and that

driving handbook sounds very similar to the one distrubuted in south florida dmv\'s!\"

I know, lived in

Homestead for a few years (not by choice) and the drivers scared the s*&amp;^ out of me.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kari
12-05-2003, 12:35 PM
</font><blockquote><font

Besides that, it is WAY to easy to get a drivers license in California... My

dad, who failed for his exam two times in Holland, passed the test in California (he lived there for a few years)

quite easily.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif He

said all he had to do was drive around the corner and he already had his license.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

HOW TO DRIVE

LIKE A \"REAL\" CALIFORNIAN

Advice to those visiting or relocating to The Golden State.

ATTITUDE Believe in

your heart, in your soul and in your mind that you are the only motorist that exists. Everyone in front of you has

no right to be where they are and everyone behind you doesn\'t exist. You may move in any direction you wish at

any time without any concern for the consequences of your actions. Remember, it\'s always the other driver\'s

fault.

SPEED LIMITS Speed limit signs indicate the MINIMUM speed at which you may travel. You MUST exceed the

posted limit by AT LEAST 10 miles per hour.

TURN SIGNALS Turn signals have no practical purpose and therefore,

should never be used. Operation of a turn signal will only cause other motorists to consider you a wimp, a woosey, a

dork, a dolt, a jerk and a nerd. Since no one uses them, they don\'t pay attention when other drivers do.

SEAT

BELTS AND INFANT/CHILD RESTRAINTS Just like there are people who smoke and never get cancer, there ARE extremely

rare instances when seat belts and infant/child restraints really could kill you, and we all know someone who it

almost happened to. NEVER put on a seat belt OR use an infant carrier or child safety seat in your car. Everyone

knows the safest place for baby is in your lap, even when you\'re driving. Older children should ALWAYS stand on

the back seat.

MAINTAINING A SAFE FOLLOWING DISTANCE Ha, ha!!! Are you nuts? Ha, ha!!! Good one!! Ha, ha,

ha!!!

PARKING SPACES FOR THE HANDICAPPED A blue sign with an outline drawing of a wheelchair indicates a block

of parking spaces that anyone driving a Cadillac or Lincoln can use at any time. Whenever possible, the driver

should attempt to cover as many of these spaces as possible by parking diagonally across them.

STOP SIGNS Stop

signs are positioned at many intersections because someone needed the work. No need to pay any attention to

them.

TRAFFIC SIGNALS
RED: See \"STOP SIGNS\" above.
YELLOW: Nothing to be particularly concerned

about.
GREEN: Go, but only after you finish combing your hair, putting on makeup, eating your lunch, smacking the

kids, dialing your car phone, finding out who passeded wind or playing with that dorky laptop computer of

yours.

ENTERING AND EXITING FREEWAYS To enter a freeway, proceed up the onramp at a speed no greater than 35

miles per hour. DO NOT attempt to attain prevailing freeway speeds until AFTER the onramp\'s merge lane has ended.

You\'ll have to because the guy ahead of you did it, too. Proceed at whatever speed you wish to any lane you wish,

preferably the leftmost or \"Number 1\" lane. Turn signals are not necessary when changing lanes. To exit the

freeway, wait until well after the signs have informed you that you are only 1/4 mile away from your exit. Travel in

as straight a line as possible to the rightmost or \"Number 4\" lane, again avoiding the use of any form of

signalling.

LANE STRIPES AND MARKINGS The color, number and pattern of lane stripes and markings have absolutely

no meaning. You may cross any type of lane stripe or marking at any time.

THE 5-STEP CALIFORNIA LANE CHANGE

5. Move from one lane to any other lane any time you wish.

So, welcome to California. And

remember, if you\'re only visiting, take someone with you when you leave.

Truly, when I first learned to drive,

we had good drivers in San Diego because everyone from out of state was moving to LA and San Francisco. When the out

of staters discovered San Diego, the quality of driver sank rapidly.

Remember when

people were shooting at eachother, on the fwy, a few years ago? Lots of bumper stickers saying, \"Cover me...

I\'m changing lanes.\"

Whitehall
12-05-2003, 03:13 PM
One thing you DON\'T

want to do is drive in Colorado with California plates on your car.

For some reason, they despise the refugees

from the Golden State there.

Sexyredhead
12-06-2003, 06:13 AM
One thing you DON\'T want to do is drive in

Colorado with California plates on your car.

For some reason, they despise the refugees from the Golden State

there.

...and in Oregon, and in Washington....