PDA

View Full Version : found this website...

sean
12-01-2003, 01:07 PM
I found this website

[deleted]

this is obviously I fake website trying to rip people off, correct? I found it weird that it is

trying to pass itself off as Love-scent... I read about websites like this in the FAQ...

oscar
12-01-2003, 01:40 PM
sean,

Actually

what I think you posted there was a link to a legitimate affiliate\'s mock-up of the Love-Scent homepage. If you

click through to \"purchase\" you DO get to what appears to be the genuine Love-Scent shopping cart, but I deleted

it nonetheless since it would be an unfair advantage for any one affiliate to have his/her gateway posted on the

forum. (Or an unfair disadvantage if it were a legitimate affiliate who was being called a rip-off!)

There are

loads of sites that WILL link you to the GENUINE Love-Scent site, but there ARE knock-offs and rip-offs out there

too that try to capitalize on Bruce\'s reputation by creating sites that look similar or are similarly named.

When in doubt, ESPECIALLY if you\'re going to make a purchase, come in through the front door by using

www.love-scent.com (\"http://www.love-scent.com\")
OR use the link at the bottom of the forum pages.

That way you\'ll KNOW who you\'re dealing with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sean
12-01-2003, 02:17 PM
Oscar: sounds

good. Found it and I was curious, also I little confused... I had read about a certain few sites in the FAQ, so I

assumed that it was one of that sort, decided to post it here just to clarify, I knew that there would be somebody

on the forum that would know...

Bruce
12-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Oscar has it

pretty well nailed. There was a time where there were a couple of bootleg Love Scents out there, but now you are

much more likely to run into a legit affiliate who sends us business on a commission basis.

Bruce

sean
12-01-2003, 04:44 PM
after I second

look I realize a lot more now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif... exactly what Oscar said... I

guess I didn\'t really look enough I only went to the one page and I didn\'t look around at all, there are links

right to the homepage of www.love-scent.com... (\"http://www.love-scent.com...\") looks like it is an

internet mall...