PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe this crap.....

jimhoff
11-30-2003, 05:49 PM
I have

been dating this girl for about 2 months now. We have gone out about 7 times and have hit it off pretty well. She

is in law school and her finals are quickly approaching. School is over on December 20th.
Now that you know that,

here is my issue:
Today I took her to a NFL game and we had a blast. When I dropped her off, she said I will talk

to you after the 20th. I replied with \"yeah right,\" and she said \"no, I\'m really not kidding.\" She said

that she has so much school work and that she is going to be busy. She then kissed me and left.
WTF??? I told her

that she should call me when she is ready to talk. This really pisses me off. Should I take this as a hint and

move on? Should I call her in a week or so? I hate these damn mixed signals...

Josh

krtel
11-30-2003, 06:10 PM
I\'m not too sure what her feelings are towards you. I can tell you that law school deliberately gives students

more work than they can handle. A few friends of mine that are in law school have mentioned that the dating scene

isn\'t all that great because people are swamped with work and stress.

Krish

belgareth
11-30-2003, 06:12 PM
Take it at face value. She does have a lot of work ahead of her and might need the time to focus on it.

jimhoff
11-30-2003, 06:41 PM
ok... but I think that if someone really is interested in you, they would at least call from time to time. A

break for a phone call never hurt anyone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bjf
11-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Josh,

I would be hurt and pissed off too. Then again, I have been in situations where I couldn\'t see people

for as many as six weeks because I litterally had to work every waking minute, and maybe law school is like that.

It\'s not the type of thing anyone understands unless they have gone through being under the gun like that, and

most people have not had such experiences.

Straight up, she is not blowing you off, she wants to be all about

school in the most important three weeks (not so long) of her life.

If she was blowing you off, she would not

have been that specific, and she would not have agreed to be stuck sitting next to you for four hours today. I know

it must hurt that she can\'t even call you or email you, but like I said, I have been under the gun where even

that was not doable, and I bet there is a lot of anxiety on her end regarding her finals, so she it is hard for her

to worry about other people\'s feelings too much right now.

jimhoff
11-30-2003, 07:44 PM
You

have a good point. I will wait and see.... but until then, I am still dating around.

Thanks.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holmes
11-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Josh,

Definitely, just hang back and see what happens before making any snap judgements.

Holmes

Sexyredhead
11-30-2003, 08:36 PM
I dated a law student. She\'s not kidding about not having time to talk to you. She may call, but

she\'s probably gonna spend the next 2-3 weeks buried and focused. Any interruptions will throw off the whole

flow. They pace finals every 3-4 days, so you spend all your time studying, then take the test, sleep, study for the

next one... It sucks.

But they\'re very happy to see you when they come back to earth.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Too bad you can\'t be \'stress relief\' for her in the

meantime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Don\'t get mad and all

\'testosteroney-I\'m-gonna-date-other-girls\' on her. She needs some time to herself. Maybe she\'s cutting

you off completely because she likes you a lot and if she gives you a little time, she knows she won\'t want to

study at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif That\'s how I am with guys I like.

Icarus
12-01-2003, 01:15 AM
SRH is spot on...

I\'m snowed under with study (and I\'m not at law school) which wont ease

until around the 16th... Everyone that I know appreciates that I\'ll be a bit of a hermit until then...

SRH

nailed it when she said that if you spent some time with your g/friend or friends, that you just don\'t want to go

back in and study!

If you like her, give her a chance.

Steve

franki
12-01-2003, 01:17 AM
I always lock myself up for two weeks before tests...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kari
12-01-2003, 06:37 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I have been dating this girl for about 2 months

now. We have gone out about 7 times and have hit it off pretty well. She is in law school and her finals are

quickly approaching. School is over on December 20th.
Now that you know that, here is my issue:
Today I took her

to a NFL game and we had a blast. When I dropped her off, she said I will talk to you after the 20th. I replied

with \"yeah right,\" and she said \"no, I\'m really not kidding.\" She said that she has so much school work

and that she is going to be busy. She then kissed me and left.
WTF??? I told her that she should call me when she

is ready to talk. This really pisses me off. Should I take this as a hint and move on? Should I call her in a

week or so? I hate these damn mixed signals...

Josh

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Most of

my relatives are lawyers. I can tell you that she really WILL be buried until after the semester ends.

Don\'t

take it personally.

CptKipling
12-01-2003, 10:49 AM
What SRH said.

Besides she may well call you anyway, so dont \"date around\". But don\'t get cut up if she

isnt contacting you...but then people have already said what I was going to say so there you go

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jamesdeanmartin
12-01-2003, 12:06 PM
She may have been kidding. Law school gives us all a very jaded sense of humor. She may have been

saying, \"I have so much work I probably won\'t see you until the 20th...ha ha.\"
I know a lot of us talk

like that, but that really isn\'t the case.

All I know right now is that my plan is to study for two days,

take a final, go drinking, have sex (and I have no regular partner right now, so this is the hard part, but damn I

need sex during finals) then start the cycle up again. Maybe I need a study buddy :-)

Also, dating a law

student would be hell unless you are student IMHO. So many little fights and mental permutations get tossed around

casually amongst students here that if I wasn\'t \"in the club\" I\'d hate everyone. Plus, compared to

undergrad were I had 4 - 5 hours of free time every night, I have 3 hours on Thurs, Fri, Sat, and that is about it.

JDM

jimhoff
12-01-2003, 02:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
All I know right now is that my plan is to study

for two days, take a final, go drinking, have sex (and I have no regular partner right now, so this is the hard

part, but damn I need sex during finals) then start the cycle up again. Maybe I need a study buddy :-)

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Perhaps you could call this girl and have a study partner....

:grin

J/k thanks for the advise though. It has helped me to calm down a bit.

Josh