PDA

View Full Version : Romance by Ralph Lauren

Bruce
11-29-2003, 05:07 PM
Ladies,
Anyone

tried it? I found a peel and sniff sample in a magazine, and it is kind of growing on me. When I first opened it,

it didn\'t like it, but the smell of what I got on my fingers is starting to smell good to me.

I guess in

general when you put your nose to a freshly opened mag-sample you get too strong a wiff, and it is not likely to

smell good to you. Is there a technique for getting an accurate idea of how those perfumes smell in use? (from the

magazine samples)

Bruce

randa
11-29-2003, 05:11 PM
My friend &

I both do this. We open it up & rub a wrist on it, wait a few seconds & then smell our wrist. That way we

kindof smell it the way it would smell on us, if we were wearing it. Randa

Sexyredhead
11-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Yeah,

just rub it on your wrist and wait a little while. That\'s what it will smell like on you after the scent dies

down a bit.

Bruce
11-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the

advice about testing. My wife and I have this ritual. She has been having me sniff those peel open thingys for

years. I never like them and she always blames that on the fact that I am sniffing directly at the paper. This

Romance one I got to liking firstly from sniffing the little bit that rubbed off on my fingers. Then later I set

the thing in my office and just caught the scent when I walked into the room; much like you would notice a woman

wearing cologne in a room when you enter. That was useful. I think I\'ll try that again in the future. It is

similar to my trick of leaving a test fragrance bottle in a drawer in my desk. Then when I open the drawer (having

forgotten I put the bottle in there) I get a suddend unpredictable reaction to the scent. If I have 4-5

fragrances in bottles to test out, they all blur together and I can\'t tell what I like and what I don\'t like.

I need to have the fragrance surprise me somehow.

Bruce

Pancho1188
11-30-2003, 06:27 PM
I agree.

You must also remember to keep yourself away from the magazine. They have many different smells in them, and the

fragrances can mix. That may lead to you not liking the smell as much. This was actually joked about in an episode

of....I think it was \"Veronica\'s Closet\" where they said that a mixture of two perfumes made the magazine

smell like rotten eggs and they had to switch them around... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif