PDA

View Full Version : Advice from the masters, Please...

randa
11-29-2003, 12:37 PM
I\'ve

come up with a nice little mix that seems to be working for me. PCC:NPA/w in a 7:3 ratio mixed with perfume in a

perfume sample sprayer. After I use the last of it, I\'d like to mix up a larger batch. My little sprayer holds

maybe 3 ml. I\'ve been putting in 50 drops of the 7:3 mix & then filling the bottle to the top w/perfume. The

50 drops fills the little bottle about 1/3. BTW, I\'m using a diabetic syringe as my dropper. Now, here\'s my

question: if I use a 1.7 oz perfume bottle, which is 50 ml, should I use about 16 ml of the 7:3 mix and then top the

bottle off w/perfume? Or, should I strictly measure everything & not worry about filling the bottle completely?

Would this give me the same effectiveness that I\'m currently getting from my little sprayer? I use 3-4 sprays,

little ones due to the bottle size.

The main reason I want to use a bigger batch is that I\'ve already spilled

1/2 a bottle of PI/w & this would cut down on the number of times I\'d have to open bottles, thereby reducing

the spill factor. Also, I\'m lazy. I just don\'t want to constantly be mixing up little bottles.

I\'ve

gotten lucky, it\'s only taken 3 months for me to find a mix that works. So, I\'ve decided to stick with it for

awhile. Thank in advance. Randa

CptKipling
11-29-2003, 02:53 PM
It shouldn\'t matter so much.

CJ01
11-29-2003, 03:06 PM
randa,

if that´s the ratio mix that works for you then yes, you need to measure it carefully. Otherwise you´ll end up with

a different mix that may not work as well for you and if that´s the case you´ve wasted mones as well as

perfume.

It should say on the litle bottle you used so far exactly how much it holds. If it really is 3 ml and

the 50 drops amount to a third of the bottle that´s 1 ml. From there it´s not too hard to work out how much you´ll

need for a larger batch.

And if you use a larger bottle to spray from you´re also gonna be using less sprays

too.

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CptKipling
11-29-2003, 03:16 PM
From what I understood she was asking about the perfume to mix ratio, but then I am very tired.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

randa
11-29-2003, 05:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
asking about the perfume to mix ratio

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> Yes, I was. I\'d like to use a larger bottle because the top to the little

one is a crapper to get off &amp; on. When my little bottle gets empty, I plan on measuring exactly how much it

holds. Also, since I\'m using about 4 little sprays I thought 1-2 from a larger bottle would be fine. Randa

CJ01
11-30-2003, 03:53 AM
that´s

what I was referring too

Watcher
11-30-2003, 11:54 AM
You

need to pay some attention to the ratios etc. Good work on the NPA PCC mix though. Id have some SOE in it but good

work regardless.