PDA

View Full Version : Phero Contamination?

DefconX3
11-17-2003, 03:50 PM
I managed to do

quite a stupid thing this morning. First of all, I was putting on some AE/m and was applying it without completely

closing the top. I knocked over the mirror nearby, which knocked over a can of hairspray, which knocked over my

brand new AE, spilling it. Obviously, I wasnt so happy spilling something which I had just spent $50 on. I picked

the AE up as quickly as I could, but I had already lost between 1/3 to 1/2 of it!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif . So, not thinking, I began sucking up the expanding AE puddle on

my counter with its little dropper and putting it back in the bottle. I was successful with recovering a lot of it

and now I have about 3/4 to 4/5 of it left.

After doing so, I realized that I might have just ruined the whole

bottle by contaminating the good AE with the spilled AE. The counter was dry and clean where it spilled and I sucked

from the top of the puddle, so I was wondering if you guys think the whole bottle is ruined. I personally dont think

so because I looked at the AE a few hours later and the color is completely the same and there is no hint of dirt or

any other contaminants. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

nbnbtc
11-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the

spilled AE club. You are now a true phero user. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DefconX3
11-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Guess that

means it isnt too big of a deal. Well that makes me feel better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bjf
11-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Yea your cool. I

shouldn\'t be contiminated.

Alot of people tend to spill the AE bottle because it doesn\'t have great enter

of gravity.

Sunny
11-17-2003, 11:58 PM
After spilling all

kinds of stuff I am now forcing myself to this:

I have a heavy and low glass container which holds any of the

common pheromone bottles. I never ever put an open bottle down anywhere except into that container, no matter when I

apply AE in the morning when I am in a hurry or if I am at my desk making mixes. It took a while to educate myself

but I can recommend it. Find some stand and ALWAYS use it, because sooner or later spilling will happen to most

people and having it happen once does not give you any credit for preventing it in the future - that is if you

don\'t learn from it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sunny

bigdog
11-18-2003, 03:15 PM
I spilled my

first bottle too. Never again!

CptKipling
11-19-2003, 01:07 PM
Spilling AE

sucks, do a search and you will find many others with tales of woe.

Sunny
11-20-2003, 08:50 AM
I have found a

good solution for me now.

The droppers in the original glas bottles are no good, but removing them and

dabbing brings the risk of spilling the whole bottle and also the cap is not tight anymore without the

dropper.

I am now using these bottles:
RB032 1/4 oz.

Natural Cylinder (LDPE) with Dropper Insert and Cap (\"http://www.rachelssupply.com/bottle.htm\")

They are surprisingly tight, very reliable to

drop, don\'t spill when tipped over and much lighter than glass bottles (for travelling). Only disadvantage is

that dabbing is not that easy any more. I just keep diluted products in there which I use for dropping, not

dabbing...

Sunny

Sunny
11-20-2003, 10:10 AM
BTW this also

prevents cross contamination which I feel is a problem with the dabbing and with the rolling methods.

twcrado
11-20-2003, 01:16 PM
i spilled half

my WAGG one day, that pissed me off since it\'s kinda pricey

DefconX3
11-20-2003, 04:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
i spilled half my WAGG one day, that pissed me off

since it\'s kinda pricey

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Yeah, I feel your pain...

DefconX3
11-21-2003, 04:38 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I am now using these bottles:
RB032 1/4 oz.

Natural Cylinder (LDPE) with Dropper Insert and Cap

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Good

suggestion, Ive just placed an order for a case of 10. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif