PDA

View Full Version : A-1 in the news

bjf
11-12-2003, 06:36 PM
\"These prosecutors seem to

be particularly interested in Seymour, Ill., chemist Arnold, who writes frequently on muscle matters. Arnold, who

received a B.S. in chemistry from the University of New Haven (Conn.) in 1990, made a splash by taking advantage of

a loophole in a 1994 supplement law to legally market androstenedione, the smash-hit over-the-counter steroid made

famous by baseball\'s Mark McGwire during the summer of 1998. In March, The Washington Post reported that the U.S.

Attorney\'s Office in the Central District of Illinois was also eyeing Arnold for his links to the previously

undetected steroid called norbolothone, which was found in champion American cyclist Tammy Thomas and led to her

lifetime ban.\"

web page (\"http://msn.espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/1112/1659917.html\")

Whitehall
11-12-2003, 07:41 PM
Completely different compounds

- Arnold has had little to o publicly with pheromones.

Jones
11-12-2003, 07:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
\"These prosecutors seem to be particularly

interested in Seymour, Ill., chemist Arnold, who writes frequently on muscle matters. Arnold, who received a B.S. in

chemistry from the University of New Haven (Conn.) in 1990, made a splash by taking advantage of a loophole in a

1994 supplement law to legally market androstenedione, the smash-hit over-the-counter steroid made famous by

baseball\'s Mark McGwire during the summer of 1998. In March, The Washington Post reported that the U.S.

Attorney\'s Office in the Central District of Illinois was also eyeing Arnold for his links to the previously

undetected steroid called norbolothone, which was found in champion American cyclist Tammy Thomas and led to her

lifetime ban.\"

web page (\"http://msn.espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/1112/1659917.html\")

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Can I have some of what your smoking?

bjf
11-12-2003, 07:49 PM
made a splash by taking

advantage of a loophole in a 1994 supplement law to legally market androstenedione

Jones
11-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Yes, its an article

about anabolic steriods. We can all read.

Jones
11-12-2003, 07:53 PM
and A1 is NOT andro aka

androstenedione, in case you did not know that.

oscar
11-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Jones,

Instead of

coming off as a wiseass in an attempt to be glib, why not just let the guy know in a civil way that the article

isn\'t about A1.

bjf,

What we refer to as \"A1\" is Androstadienone.
The article you mentioned appears to

be about Androstenedione.

Now, wasn\'t that simple.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jones
11-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Civility is a luxury I

grant those with intellegence.

Whitehall
11-12-2003, 10:43 PM
You must be pretty

tough on yourself.

Jones
11-12-2003, 11:55 PM
atleast say something

with some wit

Watcher
11-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Things can get very

confusing at times cant they - ive been away for so long time to do some reading.

bjf
11-13-2003, 06:41 AM
Jones:

Your acting

with far less intelligence than I did. And you keep doing it! Keep digging buddy.

belgareth
11-13-2003, 06:48 AM
This has gone far

enough. Let\'s keep it civil, ok? Debate is one thing but pointless insults are another.

bjf
11-13-2003, 06:59 AM
You could delete it for

all I care. I held my tongue, that was the first time I said anything.

belgareth
11-13-2003, 07:14 AM
It wasn\'t

directed at you specifically. I just read the thread this morning and decided to step in.

cuddlebear
11-13-2003, 08:22 AM
The names of the

pheromones we talk about here and certain other loosely related concotions are so similar that the confusion is

understandable. Just look at the two \"a\" words and note that they are so similar. I think it was an honest

mistake and nothing more ...

Actually I\'m relieved to know it wasn\'t really an A1 controversy ... I would

like to see the government completely non-involved with mones ...

Mtnjim
11-13-2003, 11:06 AM
\"I think it was an

honest mistake and nothing more ... \"

I made the exact same mistake a while back (in the Archived Thread). The

spelling is close enough that if you don\'t look closely, the error is easy!

sean
11-13-2003, 12:53 PM
I was just wondering,

what exactly is A-1? I looked in the abbreviations list for newbies but it wasn\'t there...

cuddlebear
11-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Check out

Oscar\'s post on page 1 of your thread for the name (which I don\'t feel like writing out). A1\'s properties

are not as well known as our old friends NONE, NOL, and RONE. Some have said it causes depression in men. I

believe Realm is supposed to have A1 in it. At least one of the Realm colognes. I haven\'t even experimented

with it myself, since I\'ve been busy enough with NONE, NOL, RONE &amp; WAGG ...

If you put A1 or that big

long A word in the search engine, you should see a whole slew of posts on it ... Might oughta look at them myself

now that I think of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sunny
11-13-2003, 01:26 PM
I have to be very

careful with A1. If I get too much close to my nose, after a while I become very tired, dizzy and uninterested. It

really spoiled my day not only once.

The smell is not as bad as NPA but I got a negative comment on it (\"you

smell sweaty\") and some negative-looking sniffing when I was wearing my normal cover. Now since I am diluting it

and covering extra well, I seem to be okay. I wear most of it on the back of my neck, so I can prevent the

depression effect.

I got the best results with two ex-girlfriends. For one \'mood enhancer\' describes it

very well. She becomes all happy and chatty and nice. For the other one, she becomes very cuddly but not the sexual

beast like with -none. \'Bonding pheromone\" describes it best for her.

I think my experiences are pretty

identical to what others have reported about A1...

Sunny