PDA

View Full Version : Ratios vs Amounts Question

bjf
11-02-2003, 07:08 AM
Pheroexperts:

Are targets swayed more by the amount one has of a pheromone relative to that of the rest of

the population (be it none, nol, none) or by the amount of that pheromone relative to other pheromones on your

body?

I have some follow-up questions for those who believe in one or the other of those, but I don\'t want

to influence anybody\'s answer, so I will wait on those.

Thanks

BJF

CptKipling
11-03-2003, 01:41 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Pheroexperts:

Are targets swayed more by the

amount one has of a pheromone relative to that of the rest of the population (be it none, nol, none) or by the

amount of that pheromone relative to other pheromones on your body?

I have some follow-up questions for those

who believe in one or the other of those, but I don\'t want to influence anybody\'s answer, so I will wait on

those.

Thanks

BJF

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

This is tricky

territory.

The pheromones that we use are \"gross attraction\" pheromones, which means that they are person

non-specific. Any amount of one of them causes a reaction, but we work on the assumption that more is better (please

note that I\'m talking about \"more\" as relative to natural body quantities). For example, everyone produces

-none, but alphas produce the most, and are perceived as more masculine*.

But, as many of us here know, -none

on it\'s own won\'t cut it. We naturally produce other pheromones which send different messages to your targets

sniffer.

Think of it this way:

Pheromone X is very intimidating, and gets reactions some of the time.

A user finds that a particular amount works best, as it balances the intimidation with a sort of awe. Here quantity

is important.

Pheromone Y is very masculine, but isn’t intimidating, and instead creates a kind of comfort,

comfort normally associated with a powerful and respected man. A user finds it very difficult to find a good dosage.

Quantity is less important.

Pheromone Z is creates a good social atmosphere, resulting in happy and chatty

effects. The more a user wears the stronger the effects.

Now, if we remember the amount of Pheromone X

that works best, and use this in a mix of the other two, a user will find that he can actually use more as long as

it is balanced by a good ratio of the other two.

Ultimately the (very lucky) user ends up with a ratio of

different pheromones that works, and he can apply a lot and it will still work.

Does that answer your

question?

Henrix
11-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey

Capt\'n /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What a great way of explaining it - it sorta makes

good sence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bigdog
11-03-2003, 02:02 PM
That\'s

why AE has been the best for me with the 3 mones in it. Instead of mixing I should just stick to ussing 3-4 of it.

If I ever use NPA or TE with it I surely have to use WAGG or SOE. By the way WAGG &amp; SOE together has been great

for me at work. I feel pretty damn good with it. Thanks Captain.

bjf
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
CPT,

You kinda answered my question. From what I gatherm, the ideal amount on its own, changes once used in

company with other pheromones??? Becuase you said yu can use more.

The reason why I asked the question was

because I do not see how someone wearing systhetic none (which will up your none by 100s of times, even if u jsut

use a little) can just get social, non-sexual hits when used in company with nol. It would seem to me that given

that your none levels are so high, it shouldn\'t matter that you have nol that is high too -- you should still be

perceived as a bad motherFer, and be getting sexual hits, only targets are more comfortable in there

reactions.

However, time and time again, the addition of nol seems to change the vibe of things, and make

hits more socialable than sexual. This would lead me to believe that humans react strongly to the relationship of

amounts one has of different pheromones. Hell, that is probably how we partially distinguish sex differences

(gender).

It seems as if SEXUAL + SOCIABLE = not Sexual &amp; Sociable but middle ground respect

CptKipling
11-06-2003, 08:01 AM
You

understood correctly.

As you have observed, adding different pheromones does not change the reactions as

predictably as you might think at first. It\'s the ratios that are key,m and it makes sense when you think about

it. The intensity (amount) that your pheromones are detected by a target vary great, due to a number of factors

including the distance, the temperature etc. But the ratios will be almost the same no matter what. So it stands to

reason that we should have evolved a system that pays more attention to the ratios.

However, as we

already know, large quantities of a single pheromone can create distinct effects.

In summary, people can react

strongly to large quantities of a single pheromone, but when we start to include similar quantities of a second or

third pheromone, our noses pay more attention to the ratio of these.

bjf
11-06-2003, 08:13 AM
&lt;&lt;&lt;people can react strongly to large quantities of a single pheromone, but when we start to include

similar quantities of a second or third pheromone, our noses pay more attention to the ratio of these. &gt;&gt;&gt;

That makes sense. I\'d like to hear what others think of all this...