PDA

View Full Version : Pheromone Eraser

bsxs
11-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Maybe a bath product or

something that can erase any trace of pheromones. Made specially to get rid of the synthetic pheros. I often have

big problems with buildups and it results in a lot of ODs... despite bathing! I think this would be very handy.

OmnipotentOne
11-02-2003, 02:34 PM
I recall that

Phil Stone said something about a \"pheromone eliminator\" product that he developed, but never produced due to

lack of interest. Bruce can check on the status, and if it would be cost effective to produce/sell.

cuddlebear
11-02-2003, 04:31 PM
I remember this

being mentioned before also. I think it\'s a good idea myself, and that it would sell even if it were pricey, due

to widespread concern over \"buildup\" ...

Bruce
11-02-2003, 05:19 PM
I\'ll run that down

and get back to you. It came up years ago on the forum and I had some coversations with manufacturers about it.

Maybe it is time to go ahead with the project.

Bruce

MysteriousMan
11-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Did anybody of

you

try this (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=96761&Forum=Al l

_Forums&Words=geruchskiller&Match=Entire%20Phrase& Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=967

61&Search=true#Post96761\") ?

cuddlebear
11-03-2003, 04:53 AM
Well, not knowing

any German, I can only say that I have never seen anything that LOOKED like this product, so based on that, I guess

I have never tried it. Nor have I seen \"steel soaps\" here in the US.

You may have to take the plunge and

then tell us if it works.

I would probably lean toward waiting for the Stone Labs product, since I\'m using

their Chem Set stuff already. In the meantime, I guess I would try to find a good exfoliating soap. I\'ve never

seen anything like the product you\'re talking about so I couldn\'t buy if it I wanted to.

Who knows, you

may have found a winner and we\'ll all end up on the German e-bay ...

Cuddles

bjf
11-03-2003, 05:15 AM
Steel soap link

http://www.stainlesssteelsoap.com/ (\"http://www.stainlesssteelsoap.com/\")

cuddlebear
11-03-2003, 07:21 AM
I might just try

some of this .. only $3.50 so I won\'t really feel gypped if it doesn\'t work ... Thanks for the link, guy,

English is much easier for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

time_to_try
11-03-2003, 08:37 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Simply wash your hands using our stainless steel

soap and it removes all the odor - like a magnet. As simple as that, and best of all, unlike ordinary soap, it will

never wear out!

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

This quote is taken from their website

www.stainlesssteelsoap.com (\"http://www.stainlesssteelsoap.com\")

Will never weat out

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
The entire website is only one page. No \"How it works\" or

\"FAQs\" page.
A bit strange. I really wonder what that stuff is made from? Like some radio active metal or

something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. It can\'t be that (too expensive

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif), nooo, but seriously, I really wonder how something like this can

work. If anybody has an idea (or theory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) how this can work, let

us know.

Sexyredhead
11-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Y\'all, this

looks like a rounded bar of stainless steel that they want you to rub on your hands or wherever to get odors out.

How many of you already have some kind of stainless steel at home? Look in the kitchen; I\'m sure you\'ll

find something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Rub it on your hands while you wash and see if

it gets smells out any better than plain old soap that lathers and has a surfactant in it.

Honestly, I think it\'s a scam.

bjf
11-03-2003, 08:57 AM
actually this steel

site, steel-grips.com had some article askign for unversity students or wathever to send proposed ideas of why they

think it works (because they can\'t figure out how it works) and they will send free samples or whatever to do

research on. Apparently it seems that steel-grips.com is some indepedent steel site, and maybe it really works and

they are trying to figure out why (as it can lead to potential for the steel industry).

time_to_try
11-03-2003, 09:09 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
How many of you already have some kind of

stainless steel at home? Look in the kitchen; I\'m sure you\'ll find something.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Rub it on your hands while you wash and see if it gets smells

out

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Sexyredhead, I took your advise, found a stainless steel

object ( a sharp nife) &amp; rubbed it ....ouuuuwwwww

hehe, no, its strange, I did a search on Google &amp; you

can even get some type of this stainless steel soap in a very reputable shop here in London. Very strange, maybe its

some kind of chemical reaction between the steel &amp; the odours molecules

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pancho1188
11-03-2003, 09:52 AM
SRH, I took your

advice. I just switched the typical moisturizing sponge/wash cloth with an S.O.S. pad. Let me tell you, there\'s

SUCH a difference!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif (I\'m just teasing

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Sexyredhead
11-03-2003, 10:00 AM
I was thinking

more along the lines of a spoon or a soap dish--that kind of thing. But if you guys like the abrasive stuff, wash

away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If

you guys think this has merit, one of you needs to spend $3.50 and see if it works. I honestly don\'t think it

will. Soap works fine for me, and it\'s not nearly that expensive.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sacogoo
11-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Stainless steel

items with water will actually remove certain scents/smells. (You\'ll see various \"steel soap\" items in

kitchen stores to remove garlic odors from your skin. However, all you need to do is rub a steel spoon on the

afflicted area under cold water to remove the smell.) I don\'t know the physics behind it, or if it would work on

pheromones, but it does work for stuff like garlic, onions and the like.

bjf
01-08-2004, 10:25 AM
I just received a

complimentary bar of steel soap. When it came up in this thread I searched it on the internet, and found a steel

orgnization that was looking for suggestions as to why it worked. I think I cut and pasted somene\'s theory from

here, and sent them it.

Well, months later they sent me a bar and a personalized note. They are some german

company, www.steel-grips.com (\"http://www.steel-grips.com\")

I will try it out.

DrSmellThis
01-10-2004, 09:00 AM
I posted this

twice before in response to this oft-repeated question, but it was apparently ignored. There is a shampoo product

for men available at salons, called Nioxin, that removes certain T metabolites from the skin (i.e., DHT). It is what

I use for buildup, other than saunas and exfoliation. I think it works.

eric_pelletier_tw
09-18-2004, 04:59 PM
in what mesure a shower

will remove pheromones ? [how much is needed to obtain a "clean slate" or "fresh start"?]