PDA

View Full Version : Pero-Personality Log

Pancho1188
11-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Get a cup of

coffee, this may be a long post...

I was sitting here reading some forum posts, hit stories, and \'megamix\'

combos when it finally hit me: we\'re always trying to help each other out, but newbies still search for hours on

the forum to find what sounds like it would work for them.

Solution: Create a \"Phero-Personality Log\" to

place under the Pheromone Reference Material.

Now what exactly would this do? Well, we would need to gather

personality types (alpha, \'nice guy\', shy, etc.), physical features (tall/short, big/skinny, etc.), age, and

desired effect (Business advantage, social help, sex, long-term relationship, etc.). Then, we would take what

products/mixes work best for them and try to generalize for the entire population. Once we have the general

conclusions from the data, we could \'publish\' it under the Pheromone Reference Material under as the

\"Phero-Personality Log\" (you can tell I\'m taking psychology classes this semester, huh?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). I think this information could help newbies and pros alike in

deciding what their next purchase should be.

\"Okay, Pancho, that sounds great but how can we do it?\" Well,

the method would be to create a survey, post it on the forum, and have as many people fill it out as possible.

Then, I guess I would have to (unless someone much cooler than me would like to take on this task) put the data

together and see if their are relationships between personality type and effectiveness of a product. For all I

know, there could be NO relationship between the two, but we\'ve all been giving recommendations to newbies based

on what kind of person they are and what results they expect since the beginning of this forum.

Step 1:

Feedback
What does everyone think of this idea? I\'d like to get feedback from Bruce, the moderators, and Phero

Pharaohs, Captains, Generals, Master Chiefs, Queen Bees, and everyone else in between if at all possible. Has this

ever been attempted before? Would it work? Would it be beneficial to newbies? Is it possible?

I\'m going to

stop at step 1 in case this is a bad idea and people think all those freaky movies yesterday must\'ve messed with

my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif However, I think this is a great idea and we should try

it! It could be the biggest thing since sliced bread (or the Pheromone Mix Calculator)!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pancho

belgareth
11-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Pancho1188

It has a lot of merit. It seems like there should be correlations there and if you can get honest

participation it could be a big help to everybody. It\'s a huge project you are thinking about. Have you thought

about the matrix you want to use and the questions needed to fill in all the blanks?

Holmes
11-01-2003, 10:14 AM
I agree. Very

good idea, Pancho. Definitely would be a big help.

Holmes

ToBeOrNotToBe
11-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Great

idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

sean
11-01-2003, 10:54 AM
as a newbir I think

it would be very helpful to me... it is a really good idea...

bsxs
11-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Awesome idea!

DrSmellThis
11-01-2003, 02:41 PM
I think the

survey could be a great idea, if it was carefully (scientifically) designed. If done well (which surveys rarely

are!) it could provide useful information. Those are already a lot of \"ifs\", however. The survey would also have

to follow a pretty thorough logical decision tree. There probably wouldn\'t be enough subjects to get reliable

information that could be sliced up into details. Check out my \'edge dabs\' survey.

http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&

amp;Board=UBB5&Number=49564&Forum=UBB5&Words=calli ng%20all%20edge%20users%20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&a

mp;Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=46271&S earch=true#Post49564 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=49564&F

orum=UBB5&Words=calling%20all%20edge%20users%20&Ma tch=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=

allposts&Main=46271&Search=true#Post49564\")

That is the

kind of detail you\'d need. Look how long it was up, and how many people participated in that simple poll. To

translate that to the big picture, a huge subject pool would be required (even with sujects answering multiple

questions), and a lot of time. By then there\'d be more products with different pheros. The survey itself would

have to be lengthy. You\'d have to have some knowledge of statistics to do the math here.

Currently there

are too many individual variables to prescribe the best mix for a newbie, say, 5\' 10\" and 28 y.o. who is going

to coffee and wants to get laid. At this point it\'s better to understand the ideas and principles, and there is

no substitute for reading up. In the mean time, the knowledge is always changing, so each person should get their

own answers if they want the best combo for them, and let us know what they found out.

What is more

realistic is to post multiple well designed polls that get at smaller questions (like the \'edge dabs\' poll).

We don\'t even have general averages for what to use, so it\'s way too early to isolate for demographics, and do

the kinds of things census takers and professional pollsters with million dollar budgets do.

But with that in

mind, whatever you want to do, go for it. I\'d run it by a lot of people before releasing it, to say the least.

time_to_try
11-02-2003, 04:55 AM
Excellent

idea Pancho. Count me in.

firtt
11-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Theoreticaly an

excellent idea Pancho.

2 way to do this: (just the summary)

1-) scientific method: send a survey to

each member of the forum including age, height, personality, ethnicity etc.
then make a regression analysis

using the datas.

pros: -if you can create the model correctly, manage to enter the datas before throwing

yourself from the window (this takes very very very long time!) , u can finish the analysis with just one click.

(excel has the necessary formulas)

cons: -for a simple model u only need some basic statistics

knowledge. example x: how many dabs u use? y\'s: age, height, weight. this model is very simple and will took 5

mins. max, excluding data process.

-problem is adding variables like pmone choice, personality,

social status... they dont have a numeric answer (just yes no) and then the model turns into a PhD level project.(ok

i exaggerate a little but it is difficult) You must know advanced statistics or econometrics to solve that. (some

statistical errors might occur too.)
-sometimes results of the analysis might be bullshit. u\'ll gonna

crazy when u see all the hours of hard work is just for nothing!!!! This happened to me

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2-) simple is the best: start 3 different polls for age

groups (for only pmone experts of course); might be 15-25, 26-35 , 36+ . List all the products and ask which pmones

should newbies buy with 100-150$ budget.
no pain and still it is efficient.
u can start another pool for

height differences etc... and u\'ll able to look for whether there is a correlation between them.

THE

MAIN PROBLEM FOR BOTH OF THEM: results make sense if only they\'re answered by people who\'ve used all of the

products. I mean there is not much comment about pheromax in the forum and may be it is the most efficient one, who

knows???

May be a new version of the cookbook with a summary of which is the best is a better idea.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

CptKipling
11-03-2003, 12:57 PM
Nice

idea!

We already speculate about combos for certain personality types and builds/heights etc., so it would be

good to see what we actually find.

The only problem is, as has already been identified, to formulate an

appropriate questionnaire.