PDA

View Full Version : No hits with PI for women But lots with PPA

WonderingThoughts
10-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Anyone else out there have problems with PI for women. I have just got mine two days ago but have not

had any hits using it. When I used the PPA for women I was getting hit after hit. Most post say they don\'t get

as many hits with PPA as they do with PI. Anyone else have experiences like this? I don\'t think I OD since I

applied only one very small drop of PI.

Sagacious1420
10-25-2003, 01:32 PM
WT-

The ladies have posted some female product mixes, including how to mix w/ lotions. IIRC, they

seem to get good results w/ these lotion/phero mixes. If you do some poking around, you should be able to find

those posts pretty easily.

One very small drop, huh. Is it possible that you\'re underdosing?

Afraid I

can\'t be of much more help than that, but there you have it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WonderingThoughts
10-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Thanks Sagacious1420, I will look around to see what I can find on those mixes. I will try

applying more the next time I use it to see what happens.

oscar
10-26-2003, 07:56 AM
WT,

It would seem strange that you would get such different results between PI/w and PPA/w. Both

are Androstenol/Copulin products.
And PI/w has a WAY higher A-Nol content than does PPA/w. It would take over 7

drops of PPA/w to equal the A-Nol content of one drop of PI/w, and I\'m going to guess that you probably aren\'t

using 7 drops of PPA/w if you\'re being so cautious as to use only ONE drop of PI/w.

I can think of three

possible explanations.
We don\'t know the quantity (nor the quality, for that matter) of the Copulin content of

PI/w since the Primal people have chosen not to disclose it. Maybe it\'s the Copulins in PPA/w that are getting

you the hits that you\'re not seeing with PI/w. If there IS much in the way of Copulins in PI/w, I\'ve certainly

never detected them as I feel it\'s about the most TRULY unscented of all the phero products I\'ve

sampled.
Does ANYONE really detect any Copulins in PI/w? I\'d really be interested to hear.

Secondly,

and this is a topic that I\'ve touched on in the past and have also seen addressed on the forum quite recently:

What have you been using as a \"carrier\" fragrance with PI/w?

While PI/w\'s unscented nature doesn\'t

really require the use of a \"cover\" scent the way so many other products do, you DO want something to convey the

sub-olfactory message that the pheros send. Something that your intended targets will WANT to inhale in order to get

them to inhale MORE of what they CAN\'T smell (the pheros). Like a \"spoonful of sugar\" helping the \"medicine

go down\".
Basically \"Olfactory Marketing\".
PPA/w\'s carrier fragrance may be what is giving it the

edge over PI/w in your case.

Lastly, and possibly the least likely explanation, is that perhaps the overall

quality of the Androstenol used in PI/w isn\'t as potent as that used in PPA/w.
Stone Labs who make PPA/w also

make the 1mg/mL reagent grade Androstenol that can be found in the Chem Set and in the 10mL bottles. When I sniff

the Chem Set A-Nol I definitely smell pheromones. It\'s nothing like the intense scent of A-None. It\'s much

lighter, pleasant, almost sweet, but it\'s an unmistakably \"hormonal\" aroma.
However, when I sniff a

bottle of PI/w which supposedly has a STRONGER A-Nol content at 1.1 mg/mL, I smell nothing.
Go

figure!

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
10-26-2003, 09:14 AM
another brilliant post from Oscar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oscar
10-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Elana,

Thanks. Very kind of you. I try to think of all the possibilities before posting a reply but

in this case there\'s still another factor that hadn\'t occurred to me while replying.

The issue of carrier

MEDIA may also play a role in the effectiveness of the two products in terms of the dispersal of the active

ingredients.
My old bottle of PPA/m lists glycerol, di-propylene glycol, and ethanol as the carrier media.
The PI

products have been rumored over the course of the last few years to have employed at least two different carriers,

(that is, one at a time at different times), mineral oil and di-propylene glycol, but never any ethanol.

It

would stand to reason that the increased rate of phero dispersal that results from the inclusion of ethanol in PPA

would play a part in the difference in the products\' effectiveness too.

Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WonderingThoughts
10-26-2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks Oscar, that may be my problem with PI. I did not use any cover scent with it. I just

used it alone. I am going to try to use a little more of the product and find a good perfume to mix with it. Your

insight was very helpful.