PDA

View Full Version : She's back!

Bruce
10-22-2003, 08:17 AM
My wife has been in Japan for

the last couple of weeks and just got back yesterday. She took one of our kids (4 year old) and I took care of

the other (8 year old). It was nice having some time alone with my older son; we went hiking and stuff like that,

but mostly it was a harsh crash course in life as a single parent. If I\'d had the 4 year old, I think I would

have flipped out. As it was I think I did all my parent duties OK, but it was like there was some sort of dark

cloud hanging over the house. I didn\'t really take care of myself very well. It was like the movie Mr. Mom only

I didn\'t invite the neighborhood moms over for poker.

Anyway, great to have the Mrs. back. I even got some

nifty presents from Japan.

Bruce

tallmacky
10-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Yes, like missing

half of the machine, you will only function at half your potential, that is the coolness of being a tandom as you

are and (I\'m sure you already know duh) shows how perfect you 2 have to be for eachother. That single one on one

parent time is cool, and very different isn\'t it, start to notice or see more things in eachother. The Japanese

culture as a whole is really appealing, pretty fascinating though my brother is even more psychotic about it.

What did she bring home?

Maybe some Anime?

or possibly a Hentai movie to spice things up?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pachinko silver

balls?

Sonic the HedgeHog?

So much good stuff ya know.

franki
10-22-2003, 03:31 PM
What kind of presents

Bruce? One of those little electronical \"inventions\" or robots?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bruce
10-22-2003, 11:10 PM
I got a bunch of stuff,

mostly little things; this and that. Stuff I like and you can easily get in Japan: Some Japanese flute music;

Japanese snack foods; metal puzzle gadgets. Sora got some comics. Kai got action figures.

Oh, Mika made a trip

to a department store and brought a slection of the latest Japanese designer perfumes and colognes for Love Scent.

They have some good new stuff.

Bruce