PDA

View Full Version : Before the mones

cuddlebear
10-20-2003, 09:31 AM
OK, we spend lots of

time and money on getting the right mix so we can get hits, right? But it seems that a lot of women make up their

minds before you can even get close enough for the mones to work. After all, you can only smell someone from so

far away (with the possible exception of some Florida vagrants) but you can see someone and come up with an opinion

of them when they are way in the distance.

So it seems like we gotta do more than just smell good. What are some

things you all do to not blow it in advance?

Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Holmes
10-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Ideally, working

out/exercise (for appearance, energy level, etc.), paying attention to grooming, dressing with style (finding the

most flattering looks for me), trying to project openess and confidence through mannerisms/body language...BEING

RELAXED...BEING MYSELF (or a mildly editorialized version, haha)....prayin\' to the Lawd...making deals

with the Devil...maybe bustin\' out some breakdancing moves now and then...I dunno, is that too general?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes

cuddlebear
10-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Everything from

working out to praying ... my kinda guy ... anything for the girl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dogsbutt
10-20-2003, 10:08 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
making deals with the Devil

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I find that this works best.

Sid

Irish
10-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Dress is surprisingly

important to women. They read status and other clues from your dress and grooming. Studies even show classy dress

can override physical ugliness, and sleazy dress can spoil the chances of a physically attractive man. I verify

this every time I dress in a great suit and go to a bar or club, especially where few men are dressed well. Women

clearly approach me and want to meet me, and often blatantly flirt. But I have sat unnoticed in the same club just

wearing jeans and tshirt. So I would say if you’re on the prowl dress in a way to impress your target range of

women – it makes approaching them so much easier, and they may even approach you. Affluent dress is a powerful alpha

signal to women.

Another ‘trick’ is to catch a woman’s glance from the distance, and hold it. Don’t leer at

her body, but make eye contact and keep a blank face or smile warmly. This simple act declares your self-confidence

as a man, and your interest in her. Lately a beautiful woman approached me about 15 minutes after we had exchanged

glances this way a few times across the room. I hadn’t looked her way after the initial glances, but later she

walked right up and introduced herself, putting her hand on my arm.

Another tactic is to be seen in the

company of as many attractive women as possible (this works best when you know you will have repeat encounters with

a particular target – not so effective when trolling in a club). When a girl sees you are the center of female

attention that subtly answers many questions about yourself : he is safe, likable, maybe wealthy or fun – he has

appeal for these other women so he must be appealing. It’s the doctrine of social proof: apparent popularity is read

as intrinsic value by observers of your popularity.

In general I\'d say try to enhance your attractiveness

as best you can – dress is an easy way to do that. Then you have to signal to a woman that you are bold enough to

pursue her (which inherently signals confidence and reproductive “fitness”), as well as signaling you are a

non-threatening and interesting male that’s interested in her. To signal all this from a distance you have your

appearance, your eye contact, and the company you keep to work with.

AznDude
10-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Well Said!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
Dress is surprisingly important to women. They read status and other clues from your dress and grooming. Studies

even show classy dress can override physical ugliness, and sleazy dress can spoil the chances of a physically

attractive man. I verify this every time I dress in a great suit and go to a bar or club, especially where few men

are dressed well. Women obviously approach me and want to meet me, and often blatantly flirt. But I can sit

unnoticed in the same club just wearing jeans and tshirt. So I would say if you’re on the prowl dress in a way to

impress your target range of women – it makes approaching them so much easier, and they may even approach you.

Affluent dress is a powerful alpha signal to women.

Another ‘trick’ is to catch a woman’s glance from the

distance, and hold it. Don’t leer at her body, but make eye contact and keep a blank face or smile warmly. This

simple act declares your self-confidence as a man, and your interest in her. Lately a beautiful woman approached me

about 15 minutes after we had exchanged glances this way a few times across the room. I hadn’t looked her way after

that, but she walked right up and introduced herself, putting her hand on my arm.

Another tactic is to be seen

in the company of attractive women (this works best when you know you will have repeat encounters with a particular

target – not so effective when trolling in a club). When you are the center of female attention that subtly answers

many questions about yourself when a girl sees you: he is safe, likable, maybe wealthy or fun – he has appeal for

these other women so he must be appealing. It’s the doctrine of social proof: apparent popularity is read as

intrinsic value by observers of your popularity.

I’d say in general to enhance your attractiveness as best you

can – dress is an easy way to do that. Then you have to signal to a woman that you are bold enough to pursue her

(which inherently signals confidence and reproductive “fitness”), as well as signaling you are a non-threatening and

interesting male that’s interested in her. To signal all this from a distance you have your appearance, your eye

contact, and the company you keep to work with.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Holmes
10-20-2003, 10:24 AM
anything for the girl

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Damn straight!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If all else fails, the Mr. T Starter Kit is a

chick-magnet.

making deals with the Devil.

I

find that this works best.

Works every time!

Holmes

AznDude
10-20-2003, 10:32 AM
Anyone have his

number? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
making deals

with the Devil

Sid

<hr

Holmes
10-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Bravo Irish! I agree

all the way!

However, related to the \"glance\" technique you mentioned, a little story my bro related to me

recently:

He\'s in a club with a few friends, goes to the bar for a drink, and kinda just hangs there for

minute, checking everything out. He makes (unwitting) eye contact with a few \"highly attractive\" girls some

distance away...not a long, creepy stare (by his account), but fleeting glances. A few minutes pass by and one of

the girls actually comes up to him and says \"You\'re bothering us. Go away.\" To which he reacts in a

polite--albeit slightly puzzled--manner. Now he\'s a friendly, open, interesting guy, and very

good-looking. WTF???!!! Have you ever experienced or heard of such a situation? I don\'t know...I just

found it really bizarre...any thoughts?

Anyway, sorry to digress. Again, great post!

Holmes

AznDude
10-20-2003, 10:51 AM
Wow, that\'s the

rudest situation I\'ve heard yet. Too much mones perhaps? But the fact those girls can be so rude as to WALK over

and tell him to go, just from glances, suggests the girls might have other personal issues (self-centered

b----)?.

Bravo Irish! I agree all the

way!

However, related to the \"glance\" technique you mentioned, a little story my bro related to me

recently:

He\'s in a club with a few friends, goes to the bar for a drink, and kinda just hangs there for

minute, checking everything out. He makes (unwitting) eye contact with a few \"highly attractive\" girls some

distance away...not a long, creepy stare (by his account), but fleeting glances. A few minutes pass by and one of

the girls actually comes up to him and says \"You\'re bothering us. Go away.\" To which he reacts in a

polite--albeit slightly puzzled--manner. Now he\'s a friendly, open, interesting guy, and very

good-looking. WTF???!!! Have you ever experienced or heard of such a situation? I don\'t know...{i]I[/i} just

found it really bizarre...any thoughts?

Holmes

<hr

DZorro
10-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Bravo Irish! I agree all the way!

However,

related to the \"glance\" technique you mentioned, a little story my bro related to me recently:

He\'s in a

club with a few friends, goes to the bar for a drink, and kinda just hangs there for minute, checking everything

out. He makes (unwitting) eye contact with a few \"highly attractive\" girls some distance away...not a long,

creepy stare (by his account), but fleeting glances. A few minutes pass by and one of the girls actually comes up

to him and says \"You\'re bothering us. Go away.\" To which he reacts in a polite--albeit slightly

puzzled--manner. Now he\'s a friendly, open, interesting guy, and very good-looking. WTF???!!! Have you

ever experienced or heard of such a situation? I don\'t know...{i]I[/i} just found it really bizarre...any

thoughts?

Holmes

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Was your friend drunk ??? Girls can sence if a guy has been drinking alot, so that was probebly

why they where turned off by him, or he has the lone-wolf effect most people talk about here on the forum, did you

ask him to wear WAGG/m for another try ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Wow but weird it is

indeed.

DZorro,

Irish
10-20-2003, 11:06 AM
I’ve wandered the earth

long enough to realize that neither gender has a monopoly on psycho, rude, twisted, or game-playing behavior. If

you encounter enough women, eventually you will get some weird responses.

If the girls in your brother’s story

were truly bothered or frightened it seems unlikely they would go out of their way to approach him from a distance

and chastise him, an unnecessarily aggressive and confrontational move. So much easier and socially smooth to just

ignore him or turn away from his glance, especially if there was plenty of distance. Who knows what the girls were

thinking, but he should have taken her rebuke as a welcome warning to stay the hell away from them, and look for

some normal girls at the club.

Holmes
10-20-2003, 11:13 AM
Good thoughts,

DZorro. I don\'t think he\'s got the lone wolf thing going on that strongly, but I wasn\'t there to

observe this particular instance.

And no, this happened (according to him) after a sip or two, so I don\'t

think he was anywhere near drunk.

(BTW, this is my brother I was talking about, so I know him pretty well.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hence my being

completely taken aback over this story...)

Holmes

Holmes
10-20-2003, 11:16 AM
Irish,

Honestly,

my first reaction to his story was that they might\'ve been flirting with him in a strange

way...possible?

Holmes

Irish
10-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Yeah - some kind of

game maybe. To me when it\'s that weird it\'s probably bad for me. I\'ve seen similar situations where a girl

picks a verbal fight with a guy about the time her boyfriend shows up to work the poor unsuspecting bastard over.

Some girls get a kick out of that sort of thing, or just enjoy a dramatic argumentative scene.

When it\'s

that odd there\'s no telling, and when there\'s no telling I tend to expect the worst. If your brother had the

stomach for it I guess he could have engaged her in some verbal sparring to try and see WTF her problem (or game)

was. Personally life seems too short for that nonsense and I would have avoided the goofy weirdo and her friends the

rest of the night.

Holmes
10-20-2003, 12:36 PM
I would have avoided the goofy weirdo and her

friends the rest of the night.

Definitely. Which is what he

did. Good call, I guess...

Thanks!

Holmes

Pancho1188
10-20-2003, 12:56 PM

If all else fails, the Mr. T Starter Kit is a

chick-magnet.

I PITY THE FOOL!!! By the way, dial 1-800-Collect

for all your collect calls, FOOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
10-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Anyone have his number?

Here Azn, but

don\'t tell anyone I gave you this: 666-SOUL. He might be out boogyin\' right now, though. He likes to boogy.

Good luck!

Holmes

jamesdeanmartin
10-20-2003, 01:24 PM
This is

something that has confused me recently.
My current #1 interest \"saw\" me long before she ever \"smelled\"

me. I find it ironic I guess, I don\'t know. She was always looking at me from afar and I caught her staring at me

at least once or twice a day. Eventually she approached me (I would have if I saw her there) and this was maybe

after a week of playing \"eye tag.\"

I\'m hoping the pheromones help solidify things, I don\'t know.

We\'re taking things slow. I spend all this money on pheromones and a beautiful girl likes me without even

smelling them.

take care,
JDM

CJ01
10-20-2003, 01:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font

My current #1 interest \"saw\" me long before she ever \"smelled\" me.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> it usually works this way for both men and women doesn´t it.

Perfectly normal from my point of view.

Whitehall
10-20-2003, 01:41 PM
That was a distinct proposition

- the implied words were \"Are you man enough to stand up to my social challenge?\"

In such a case, you need to

stand your ground and top her aggressiveness, but in a non-threatening way. Say \"Bothered as in \'HOT and

bothered?\' Then maybe you should stick to the ice cream shops.\" rather than something like \"Pack sand,

biacth.\"

DrSmellThis
10-20-2003, 01:43 PM
I\'ve

personally had unexplainable reactions of that type, but maybe nothing that extreme. But I feel for him. I\'ve

also had the opposite reaction many times, involving unreasonably positive reactions. Women react to some split

second look on your face that is largely uncontrollable. When you walk into a bar, it is generally good to make sure

you\'re in a good mood first, feeling good about your present and future, for that reason. Pull your buddy aside

take care of each other emotionally (um, uh, I don\'t mean in a gay way, of course.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )before going in. and I\'ve also told myself that most of the

people I\'ll see are really good people, imagining them with their families, etc. I\'ve told myself it\'s

irrelevant to focus on such a small thing as myself, which helps me not be insecure. I\'ve told myself to control

my lust, only letting it out when I choose, not when any woman chooses or random circumstances dictate. I\'ve told

myself, thanks to forum members advice, to look at women as regular people rather than women (tee hee). It might be

more than one factor that happened to correlate: e.g., some feature of his pushed a bottom and the girl was

projecting, he has natural charisma and is hard to ignore, the woman happened to be in a man-hating rage at the time

he walked in; he was carrying himself in a slightly angry/alpha/trolling way. The problem from his perspective is

that its hard to learn anything about oneself from a confusing incident like that. Obviously, that was an

inappropriate reaction, from someone who apparently did not understand any better herself. He should have thanked

her for warning him she\'s a psycho. Tell your brother that\'s the price of charisma, and that he can expect to

receive more unexplained positive reactions to make up for it. This can absolutely be caused by a -none OD, and WAGG

helps tremendously with those things (that has proved to be a really good product, hasn\'t it?). I mean, plenty of

people hated Jesus, after all. So you can\'t judge yourself by others reactions. Those incidents are going to

happen.

CJ01
10-20-2003, 01:54 PM
</font><blockquote><font

He should have thanked her for warning him she\'s a psycho.

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> ROFL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I´ve met female dogs like that (more than enough) and I find it

hard to believe that they have boyfriends let alone any friends at all at times

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif they´re just not worth it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AznDude
10-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Sweet, time to make

a list!

</font><blockquote><font

Anyone have his number?

Here Azn, but

don\'t tell anyone I gave you this: 666-SOUL. He might be out boogyin\' right now, though. He likes to boogy.

Good luck!

Holmes

WonderingThoughts
10-20-2003, 05:58 PM
to look at women as regular people rather than

women

DrSmellThis, Thanks for making all us women feel speical!!!

Most of us like men like you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

EXIT63
10-20-2003, 07:01 PM
What are some things you all do to not blow it

Learn all the words to Achey Breaky Heart.

works everytime

EXIT63
10-20-2003, 07:03 PM
What are some things you all do to not blow it

Turn off the blue light.

Holmes
10-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Great posts, guys.

Thanks for the insight!

WH, your assertions are totally in line with what I had suspected all along. Perhaps what

this girl was really asking for was an onslaught of tough-guy rejoinders as proof that this guy could stand

up to her \"demands,\" thus demonstrating his (sexual) worthiness. Perhaps?

I\'ve experienced variations of

this scenerio myself (albeit not quite that brutal), wherein the given individual would try to engage me in

some back-and-forth sparring that straddled the line between the flirtatious and the borderline abusive (the

implications of which being \"Are you man enough for me, tough guy?\"). Interestingly, it was when I was actually

able to rise to her level that the aggression gave way to more tradtionally flirtatious behaviour and the weirdness

factor began to dissipate. (These scenerios have been far more the exception than the rule,

mind!)

rather than something like \"Pack sand,

biacth.\"

LOL. What works for Snoop Dogg doesn\'t necessarily

work for the common gangsta! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DST, all very good points, as

well. Maybe he reminded her of the bully who stole her doll (or whatever) back in nursery school. Maybe she just had

a bad general association with his \"type.\" Or maybe he was, in fact, projecting an air of insecurity or

aggression when he entered that club (though he ain\'t hardly a macho meathead.) Who

knows?

The problem from his perspective is that

its hard to learn anything about oneself from a confusing incident like that.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\"> True indeed. Very well put! Based on what he intimated to me, I know this event threw him

off-balance to the point where he just couldn\'t step back, look at the larger picture, and assess it in an

objective manner (i.e. actually learn from it.)

Thanks again, guys. (And sorry in advance if this bit of

rambling is completely unintelligible. I\'m tired as hell--er, I mean heck...)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holmes

Holmes
10-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Learn all the words to Achey Breaky

Heart.

Tried it. Didn\'t work. Next.

Holmes

Pancho1188
10-20-2003, 08:17 PM
I tried, too, and

it blew up and killed this man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
10-21-2003, 03:15 AM
</font><blockquote><font

to look at women as regular people rather than women

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> that´s what I´ve been trying to bring across on this forum since the

beginning o my time. But most guys have a problem understanding this simple principle and end up complaining ....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

CJ01
10-21-2003, 03:18 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Learn all the words to Achey Breaky Heart.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\"> try something like `I want you sex´ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif or something

that´s actually cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I wouldn´t hit the sheets with a guy who

sang achy breaky heart to me just before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jamesdeanmartin
10-21-2003, 06:46 AM
it usually works this way for both men and women

doesn´t it. Perfectly normal from my point of view.

Nah, men are

much more visual than women :-)

Nevertheless, you may be just taking my statement out of context. My point was

that (in my experience) women take a while to \"warm up\" to someone and they don\'t develop a keen interest

until they are actually \"around\" the man or in most cases \"picked up his smell.\" This is why the general

mating pattern is for the male to \"see\" the female and become visually aroused, then approach the female and in

a closer proximity attempt to stimulate her and either gain her acceptance or rejection.

take care,
JDM

CJ01
10-21-2003, 08:48 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Nah, men are much more visual than women :-)

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\"> One of men´s biggest misconceptions regarding women

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sacogoo
10-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Holmes writes:

Honestly, my first reaction to his story was that

they might\'ve been flirting with him in a strange way...possible?

That was my guess. I once had this rather attractive girl come up to me in a bar (who I did not even notice

until she started talking to me) who stated in an accusatory and angry manner - \"I bet you\'ve never had a

girlfriend for more than three weeks. You think you\'re so cool, don\'t you?\"

I\'m thinking \"WTF? I

don\'t even know you you crazy bitch!\", but after about five minutes of verbal sparring brought on by her

initial accusation, I finally figured out that she was trying to hit on me. Weird way to do it, but I\'ve also

seen guys try to hit on girls in roughly the same manner. e.g. - I had a friend who, while in high school, did the

flaming bag of dog crap on the porch thing to the house of a girl that he thought he was madly in love with. Not

good, but I think that some people are just basically stupid when it comes to trying to initiate conversation or ask

somebody out. Just a simple \"Hi.\" and a warm smile will work wonders.

ThE_DeAd_KoBy
10-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Anyone have his number?

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
making deals with the Devil

<hr

Sid

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Um... I think you just dial him up....

he he

I find that there\'s some super amazing insight on how the female mind works online.... I get some

neat advice via e-mail every day or so. I am in a great healthy relationship now... will prolly get hitched some

time from now. I learned everything I needed to know about attracting and keeping a woman from the Bible. No,

I\'m not kidding. It\'s great. Such a pretty lady......heart of gold.

Holmes
10-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Holmes writes:
</font><blockquote><font

Honestly, my first reaction to his story was that they might\'ve been

flirting with him in a strange way...possible?

That was my guess.

I once had this rather attractive girl come up to me in a bar (who I did not even notice until she started talking

to me) who stated in an accusatory and angry manner - \"I bet you\'ve never had a girlfriend for more than three

weeks. You think you\'re so cool, don\'t you?\"

I\'m thinking \"WTF? I don\'t even know you you crazy

bitch!\", but after about five minutes of verbal sparring brought on by her initial accusation, I finally figured

out that she was trying to hit on me.

Yours sounds like a very

similar situation! Yeah, that\'s probably what was going on the more I think about it.

Holmes

xvs
10-21-2003, 05:27 PM
One strategy is to go to

the bar to buy a drink, and stand next to wherever the girl you want to talk to is. Ignore her as you are focused on

buying the drink, for long enough that she gets a whiff of pheros.

Then notice her, make eye contact and say

hello.

That way, she doesn\'t make up her mind until after she\'s \"under the influence\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnnyM
10-22-2003, 09:23 AM
This works if she is

at the bar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But what about the ones in the corner table 40/50 feet

from the bar. I find all of this fascinating. I was out the other night (last Saturday) and spotted several

beautiful woman and just watched as the night progressed. Guys comin up to them, speaking with them... moving on...

by 2:00am most of them were hooked up with partners. It\'s been a long time since I was really \"free\" to hit

the dating scene, so I\'ve been taking it slow. I thought it was amazing how these folks were hooking up. Next

time I\'ll be participating rather than watching.

I always enjoy threads like this though because I can always

use good advice on how to approach women. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sagacious1420
10-22-2003, 10:35 AM
Holmes writes:
</font><blockquote><font

Honestly, my first reaction to his story was that they might\'ve been

flirting with him in a strange way...possible?

That was my guess.

I once had this rather attractive girl come up to me in a bar (who I did not even notice until she started talking

to me) who stated in an accusatory and angry manner - \"I bet you\'ve never had a girlfriend for more than three

weeks. You think you\'re so cool, don\'t you?\"

I\'m thinking \"WTF? I don\'t even know you you crazy

bitch!\", but after about five minutes of verbal sparring brought on by her initial accusation, I finally figured

out that she was trying to hit on me. Weird way to do it....

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Perhaps just the bar scene version of turn your head and cough. She just wants to make sure

have some balls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sagacious1420
10-22-2003, 10:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Nah, men are much more visual than women :-)

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\"> One of men´s biggest misconceptions regarding women

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Right on!