PDA

View Full Version : Anecdote

jvkohl
10-20-2003, 06:43 AM
A gentleman at a book store I

visited last week told me a female friend has sometimes commented on men saying: \"he looks like he would smell

good.\" I have commented on how our appetite for a good looking meal, and our sexual appetite for a good looking

potential mate are both conditioned to chemical appeal as we develop our personal preferences. Obviously, this woman

is one who \"gets it.\"

cuddlebear
10-20-2003, 09:53 AM
This is more than an

anecdote for me. I was thinking of this very topic, the topic of whether someone could \"look like they would

smell good\" years before I discovered this site. What kind of decision making process would a woman go through

to get to this kind of appraisal? I just now posted a thread on getting past the visual decision-making barrier so

the mones could do their thing before the woman already said \"uh uh\" ...

I want to look like I would smell

good, then not disappoint in the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cuddles

jvkohl
10-20-2003, 05:50 PM
Cuddlebear: I\'m not

surprised to learn you are years ahead of your time in your thinking.

-----------------------------------------
Higher testosterone levels make a man \"look good\" because they make

him smell good, and women have been conditioned to respond to the looks of a man who smells good. For example, being

tall, dark, handsome, and muscular are all characteristics of higher testosterone levels, either developmentally, or

on occassion. (testosterone increases the growth of long bones, which makes males taller than females; increases red

blood cell production which makes males darker complected; and is responsible both for facial characteristics: the

\"strong jaw\" as well as facial symmetry, which is associated with being handsome; and is responsible for muscle

development.)Testosterone is also responsible for masculine pheromone production.

Want to look like you smell

good? Increase your muscle mass through exercise; wear shoes that increase your height; get a tan; and, if necessary

cosmetic surgery to masculinize your facial features or make them more symmetrical. Chances are, if you really want

to look like you smell good, you\'ve already done one or two of these things. But chances are that you didn\'t

know you were doing them so that you would look like you smell good. You probably thought that you were simply doing

such things just to look good. You also probably know that no matter how good you look, if you do not smell good, it

ain\'t gonna happen for you. On the other hand, if you don\'t do anything else but use a pheromone-enhanced

fragrance (-nol and -rone advised), once a woman gets past your looks, at least you will smell like a high

testosterone man. And perhaps, your smell will be the first thing she notices, which might cause her to give you a

second look. Why? It\'s your scent that\'s most important, not your looks. And women need not consciously assess

your scent to respond to it both hormonally and behaviorally.