PDA

View Full Version : Why at all??

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 06:18 PM
If pheromones are a natural mechanism for attracting others/commanding their respect etc, then why is it that we do not have sufficient amounts of it as individuals. Why do we need to supplement our own reserves??? Does this mean we are not \'naturally\' attractive to each other anymore due to some human change??

**DONOTDELETE**
Well it seems to me that pheros like testosterone diminish in quantity, as we grow older. So like those guys who supplement themselves with steroids for that added boost . So we are supplementing our pheros with after markets....I really do not think it is that we are not as attractive, but it just gives us a little kick in the shorts on a hormonal level.

**DONOTDELETE**
Testoterone is a hormone - not a pheromone. But most pheromones do have a similiar structure to testosterone or steroids in general. Ever notice how a cat in heat attracts male cats for miles? Ever notice that her presence just makes them horny? These are pheromones at work. Sprayed with the right pheromone, you could attract fully functional make cats around for miles! This is the advantage of controlling your own dosage of pheromones. However, people are not as instinctual as animals and we\'ve evolved to have this thing called intellect intercept the instictual responses. Pheromones are a foot in the door but it\'s up to you whether you enter by tripping over your own feet or gracefully.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 06:19 PM
No - Tallcoolone, I don\'t buy the as we get older angle, people in their twenties are using the stuff. Chemist I also don\'t buy the \'foot in the door\' angle. I think any bloke worth his salt should be able to get a \'foot in the door\', it\'s not the initial confrontation that bothers us it\'s the \'keeping them interested\' side of things. That\'s the way I see it, so, given this I ask my question again, does this mean we have to keep using the stuff for ever?? ....or, can we actually do something naturally to produce more. Testosterone gets produced if we exercise vigourously for example, as does good cholestrol, does anything increase the dose of pheromones we produce?? I don\'t want to have a bird who, the moment I drop my pheromone usage, gets sick of me and leaves - know what I mean??

**DONOTDELETE**
Once someone has classified you in a certain region of their brain, pheromones will not do alot to change that position. My use of pheromones is to get the foot in the door - what happens afterwards, I don\'t have a problem with. Pheromones is just another atttactive attribute - much like nice hair, nice teeth, stunning good looks, nice body etc. Since I don\'t possess all of these attributes - I can use any extra edge I can get. Once someone ahs met me and gets to know me, pheromones really isn\'t going to change much. It\'s like all of sudden one day I got plastic surgery to look like Harrison Ford, the people that truly know me wouldn\'t really change their opinion of me - but the stranger on the street would do a double take as I passed by - men and women!

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
Yes i agree chemists but it can over a longer period of time really start to change those close to you thier perceptions as well it just takes continous usage and but it does work i wonder what the next level up from junior member is i will have to try and find out lol, maybe just a member or something

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 06:20 PM
I think it might be Senior Member

**DONOTDELETE**
No - you are a Newbie - I am a Junior Member. Paul Australia and I are trying to figure out when the next level is.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
Ok Chemist - now if you\'re correct, and I must say from your tone I gather you have a lot of confidence in what you\'re saying, that is cool - if it is simply an attribute in the same vein as good looks, muscularity or whatever, then yeah, I can go with the whole idea. Cheers mate!

In response to your and Paul Oz\'s \"next level\" question -maybe a snap-shot of your latest conquest will determine that, yeah?? (joke).

cheers all, speak again some time.

**DONOTDELETE**
Did you read what I wrote clearly??? I said I think \"it\" might be Senior Member... \"it\" meaning \"the next level\" after Junior Member... I was taking a guess at the answer to your question about the next member status level... read my post again