PDA

View Full Version : back to junior high school

telecontact
10-15-2003, 03:35 PM
20 years

later and we are still confused about this subject: timing. I ask for female advice.
Someone I am very

interested in, who is just out of a divorce, has told me that she would like me to \"really open up to her so we

can become close friends\". However, experience tells most of us that when anyone is added to the \'friends

list\' it\'s over.
We enjoy each other\'s company and have given mutual hints about attraction. To really

\"open up\" is to honestly express feelings but I am not certain that the timing is right -which might create an

uncomfortable situation.
Your advice: Shoot or wait for cues?

Sexyredhead
10-15-2003, 06:23 PM
I

think if you find yourself in a situation where you feel comfortable sharing things with her that you wouldn\'t

with most people, then go ahead and tell her. If you don\'t find yourself in that situation, then don\'t share.

If you don\'t feel right about it, anything you say is going to sound forced or strange when you say it. I

don\'t think you can just come out and say things just because someone wants you to say them. Let things develop

as they will.

That\'s probably no help at all, but it\'s my $0.02.

Elana
10-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes! What

SRH said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

krtel
10-17-2003, 06:49 AM
You asked

for a female\'s perspective, now here is a male\'s perspective:

Are you interested in this girl? If so, you

should ask for the home phone number, and set up a date a few days later. I\'d advise following the principles of

\"The System\". I don\'t advise spilling your guts. You have to think \"If I tell her this, will it do any good

in elevating her interest level, or will it make her think negatively of me?\" The bottom line is that you

shouldn\'t talk to a girl that you are romantically interested in as if she were one of your male buddies. What if

the relationship doesen\'t work? Then what? You don\'t want something you told her coming back to haunt you

later on. It seems like you\'re headed into her LJBF land - avoid it if you are romantically interested in this

woman.

On another note, if this woman is *just* coming out of a major relationship such as marriage, I urge you

to read the following article:

http://www.askmen.com/dating/docl

ove_200/201_relationship_expert.html (\"http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove_200/201_relationship_expert.html\")

Krish