PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with beta-androstenol

MysteriousMan
10-12-2003, 01:18 AM
Hi,

I hope to get my beta-androstenol soon and can contribute my experiences.

Has anybody on the forum

experiences with beta-androstenol?
Experiences with Pheromax don\'t count since

Pheromax contains alpha-androstenol (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=96503&Forum=Al l

_Forums&Words=pheromax&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searc hpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=96503&amp

;Search=true#Post96503\")

Aplha-androstenol oxidates to none over

time. Am I right to assume that beta-nol oxidates to beta-none over time? Any comments about the

consequences?

Have fun,
MysteriousMan

filterfactory
10-12-2003, 01:33 AM
where did you get the beta nol?

MysteriousMan
10-12-2003, 02:55 AM
Hi,

I hope Bruce will sell it to us sometimes. It is much harder to test when there aren\'t enough

members of this forum with experience.

Have fun,
MysteriousMan

Whitehall
10-12-2003, 08:04 AM
I thought that

WAGG contained the beta-nol but only know that as a rumor.

What does WAGG contain?

Sunny
10-12-2003, 08:06 AM
They

sell it somewhere else and claim that is has shown more response in EEG tests. They say it\'s also converted by

bacteria over time.

Let\'s just be patient... test reports will come in... I as a beginner have plenty of tests

yet to conduct with the established products.

Once (and if) it\'s proven to be good I am sure Bruce will sell

it!

Sunny

MysteriousMan
10-12-2003, 08:24 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
They sell it somewhere else and claim

that is has shown more response in EEG tests.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
We know that some

products
- improve social contacts
- or give sexual reactions
- or elevate mood
- or make you a great

guy

This is what I want to know about beta-nol. I don\'t care much about the length of a peak with

undefined meaning in an EEG.

MysteriousMan

nbnbtc
10-12-2003, 10:26 AM
I

too find the claims of this other product interesting, but has anyone considered the fact that maybe bruce doesnt

sell it for a reason? bruce has always given us quality products, so maybe this new stuff from another site is just

nothing but snake oil.

Jones
10-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I hope to get my beta-androstenol soon and

can contribute my experiences.

Has anybody on the forum experiences with beta-androstenol?
Experiences with

Pheromax don\'t count since

Pheromax contains alpha-androstenol (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=UBB5&amp;Number=96503&amp;Forum=Al l

_Forums&amp;Words=pheromax&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searc hpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=1month&amp;Main=96503&amp

;Search=true#Post96503\")

Aplha-androstenol oxidates to none over

time. Am I right to assume that beta-nol oxidates to beta-none over time? Any comments about the

consequences?

Have fun,
MysteriousMan

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

you can find at a

pheromone store on the net. its expensive though.

Im sick of people saying that nol oxidizes. Lets drop this now

please, becuase it doesnt happen in a relevant quantity.

But what is beta-none? If its A1 or androstadienone, the

anwser is no. A1 has 4-ene while beta-none derived from beta-nol has a 5-ene. This is derived from the figures

from the study erox

published.

[url=\"http://www.erox.com/SixthSense/StoryOne.html\"]http://www.erox.com/SixthSense/StoryOne.html[/

url]

Really though I doubt beta nol is all that effective based on the study. But I would like to hear

feedback.

DrSmellThis
10-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Don\'t be so sure until you\'ve been through the archives on this issue. Conversion happens, and is well known

as a very practical issue.

Jones
10-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Could

you please post this information? Im asking you to do it becuase you probably have a specific peice of evidence to

post.

I honestly think it will be futile though, as the rate at which alcohols oxideze upon exposure is an

extensively documented sceintific phenominon. It has been show to occur at very very low rates.

Jones
10-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Researches set out to detmine rates of oxidation of certain compounds in the atmosphere; they found that the OH

radical was the strogest oxidizing agent present, and measured how effective an oxizing agent it

was.

Cyclopentanol cyclo-[(CH2)4 CH]OH was shown to have a rate of 10.7±0.7 x 10^-12 cm3 per molecule per s.

I chose a cylic alkanol of 5 C\'s, as that is very close to the structure of the A ring on nol, where the reaction

procedes.

For every 1,000,000,000,000 molecules of nol on your skin, you may find 10 molecules of

None.

http://jbcs.sbq.org.br/jbcs/1997/vol8_n5/13

8.pdf (\"http://jbcs.sbq.org.br/jbcs/1997/vol8_n5/138.pdf\")

Its fairly black and white.

Irish
10-13-2003, 07:11 AM
The

conversion is due to a complex interaction with skin bacteria and apocrine pheromones, see this reference and

similar:

J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1994 Mar;48(4):409-18.
Comparison of 16-androstene steroid

concentrations in sterile apocrine sweat and axillary secretions: interconversions of 16-androstenes by the axillary

microflora--a mechanism for axillary odour production in man?

Gower DB, Holland KT, Mallet AI, Rennie PJ, Watkins

WJ.

Department of Clinical Biochemistry (Steroid Laboratory), London Hospital Medical College, England.

CptKipling
10-13-2003, 01:12 PM
What Irish said, although the conversion rate is still slow (from practical experience) in most places on the body.

Irish
10-14-2003, 01:25 PM
My

experience is that nol changes into a smellier and different substance if left on my skin overnight. This happens

even with careful scrubbing beforehand with anti-bacterial soap (you can never kill off skin bacteria - only

suppress it for a time).

Individuals have differing bacteria colonies on their skin and may have different

results.

To avoid the change I often put pheros on my clothing or clean hair.

Some might even LIKE the

converted pheros on their skin. But I\'ve only gotten negative reactions from overnight pheros on the skin (\"You

need a bath!!\" - very embarrasing). To each his/her own...

Sagacious1420
10-14-2003, 10:10 PM
I, too, was curious about that beta nol product, but I have my doubts about the value. Not to mention

the quality factor.

The lack of any field reports, raises some concerns about spending money on this stuff...even

at the reduced \"beta testing\" price.

They also seem to have some consistant customer service

issues.

Don\'t think that I\'ll be buying any of it any time soon.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I\'m a die hard L-S man, anyway. We all know Bruce is a

businessman of integrity. He probably would carry it if he thought it was a quality product and could sell it at a

fair price.

MysteriousMan
10-15-2003, 10:53 AM
I allowed myself to spend some money for my personal research budget in the last months. Some money is

wasted without any doubt, some money turned out to be spent for a real good deal. In average it turned out to be a

good thing for me to spend a certain amount for things I don\'t know before. Besides mones, this includes several

books on different topics of psychology, some workshops where I had fun and learned much (which is almost the same

for me).

So I have no problem to spend some money out of my personal and hard earned research budget for beta-nol

and share my experience. But I hope some others will do, too.

MM

MysteriousMan
10-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Got it. Lets start research.

DrSmellThis
10-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the good posts, guys. I\'m starting to wonder whether Mr. Jones has been \'trolling\'. (I think I

have the right term.)

kat
11-15-2003, 02:15 PM
If

anyone is still interested in comparing experiences with this product I\'ll be happy to share. This is the first

product I purchased. It\'s probably amazing I made a second purchase (from a different site).

I purchased this

product prior to finding this site and gathering information from reading past threads and info provided by L-S.

kat

Sagacious1420
11-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Hey Kat-

Welcome to the forum.

I\'m sure everyone here would appreciate hearing about your beta

nol experiences.

Post away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MysteriousMan
11-16-2003, 02:57 AM
Hi,

this is my first experience with beta-androstenol.

I used it for two days in my \"usual test

environment\" with people I know for years.
Since it is my usual test environment, this isn\'t just a test of

beta-androstenol, it is also a test of the *lack* of the usual pheromones I wear when I\'m there.

My impression

is that the people around me were *very* friendly to me. Not talkative, nothing sexual, just very friendly.

I

also percieved this friendlyness from people I don\'t know.

Don\'t see this as a study. It is my first

impression of two days testing.

Seems to be a good thing for a working environment in a team. I think this will

be my next test.

Have fun,
MysteriousMan

Bruce
11-16-2003, 06:02 AM
Folks,

I am convinced that the product that everyone is talking about here does not contain any beta-NOL at

all.

In the beginning we were told that Pheromax contained beta NOL and it turned out to be false. I am

quite sure there is still not a single commercial source of beta NOL on the market at the moment.

I have

discussed this matter in some detail with Stone Labs and the makers of WAGG, neither of whom were very impressed

with the use of *real* beta-NOL. Although the makers of WAGG have been very guarded about what might be included

in their formula, they were very to the point that it was *not* beta-NOL (or any current commercially produced

pheromone) and that their limited experience with the substance (beta-NOL) was not positive.

That brought me

to this \"dai mondai\" as they say in Japanese:
1. Everyone is keen to know if beta NOL works and if so, how

is it different from the other phero chemicals.
2. Reputable manufactures who have tested the product have not

been impressed and therefore it hasn\'t been included in any commercial products.
3. But tests so far have

been very tentative and we don\'t really know for *sure* if there is merit to the stuff or not.
4. Last but

not least there are a number of people who *think* it is contained in a questionable product that I am convinced

does not contain beta NOL at all.

So after much discussion and thought we have decided the only solution is

to release a verifiable source of real beta-NOL, which you can test for yourselves and be certain contains what it

is supposed to. It will take it\'s place alongside the other pure pheromone chemicals in the pheromone chemistry

set from Stone Labs. Expect that to appear by the end of this coming week.

I think this approach makes the

best sense. If users find that the stuff works and/or has effects any different than the normal NOL, great! We

will begin to incorporate it into products, but waiting for results to come in via the current unstable situation

was worse than bad.

I\'m confident this will solve the problem.

Cheers,
Bruce

bjf
11-16-2003, 10:11 AM
Wow.

Thanks Bruce. I really appreciate y guys doing what you did with A-1 and beta-nol.

Phantom
11-16-2003, 12:50 PM
How

much will it cost?

Bruce
11-16-2003, 01:17 PM
How much will it cost?

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Seems like somebody told me it was cheaper to make than regular NOL, but

I\'m not sure. It is probably in the same neighborhood.

Regards,
B

MysteriousMan
11-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Bruce,

thanks for this very informative post.

Pheromax:
I\'ve been the one who told you that

pheromax contains no beta-nol. So when I talk about beta-nol experience, you can be sure that I don\'t talk about

pheromax.

MysteriousMan

Mtnjim
02-12-2004, 05:06 PM
OK---That was last November!!

Has anyone gone out and purchased this and tested it??

Do you have any

results??

BassMan
03-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Bumpus...

Surely _somebody_ has bought this stuff?

oscar
03-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Gents,

I finally ordered a bottle of beta-Nol over the weekend.
Assuming that it ships today, I should have it

by Wednesday or Thursday.
I don\'t know what to expect, but it should be interesting being one of the few people

on the forum actively experimenting with the stuff. I\'ll try to make damned sure that I see decidedly similar

reactions, responses, and results MORE than just a couple of times before reporting on them.

I\'ll probably use

it solo on the first few sorties, then later incorporate it in lieu of alpha-Nol into my usual (but varied)

multi-phero applications.

How long I decide to use it solo will probably be decided as much by how good the

stuff makes me feel as by the reactions it elicits. I know I can use \"A-Nol-only\" or \"primarily A-Nol-heavy\"

mixes without detracting much from my game because they seem to work well for me from both the self-effect and the

target-effect angles.
But, hey, this stuff\'s a virtually unknown commodity, so it all remains to be seen.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I\'ll keep y\'all posted!

I take the field

optimistically.
If I win, that is good.
If I lose, that too is good,
for I shall have learned how to better

play the game.

From the cutting edge of pheromone science,
yours most sincerely,
Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Indigo
09-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Gents,

I

finally ordered a bottle of beta-Nol over the weekend.
Assuming that it ships today, I should have it by

Wednesday or Thursday.
I don\'t know what to expect, but it should be interesting being one of the few people

on the forum actively experimenting with the stuff. I\'ll try to make damned sure that I see decidedly similar

reactions, responses, and results MORE than just a couple of times before reporting on them.

I\'ll probably

use it solo on the first few sorties, then later incorporate it in lieu of alpha-Nol into my usual (but varied)

multi-phero applications.

How long I decide to use it solo will probably be decided as much by how good the

stuff makes me feel as by the reactions it elicits. I know I can use \"A-Nol-only\" or \"primarily A-Nol-heavy\"

mixes without detracting much from my game because they seem to work well for me from both the self-effect and the

target-effect angles.
But, hey, this stuff\'s a virtually unknown commodity, so it all remains to be seen.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I\'ll keep y\'all posted!

I take the field

optimistically.
If I win, that is good.
If I lose, that too is good,
for I shall have learned how to

better play the game.

From the cutting edge of pheromone science,
yours most sincerely,
Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hello Oscar,

what did you find out about

the beta-nol?

Regards

Indigo

DrSmellThis
09-22-2004, 03:11 AM
In short, if you do a search,

you'll find that a lot has been written recently about b-nol, and that the word on the street is more positive than

people anticipated. The first word was promising; then some disappointing reactions by Bruce and colleagues; then

the latest news was very positive. My personal opinion is that it is valuable in small quantities, in combo with

other things. Research shows it's a part of male sweat, but in smaller quantities than the major mones. So it

can't be bad or useless. It enhances the actvity of a-nol, IMO, and has a nice, musky smell. It's important, but

hard to come by, except in chem set form from Stone.

bjf
09-22-2004, 05:52 AM
It increases intimacy

Tiger4
09-22-2004, 09:00 AM
I've been using it for about two

weeks now and have noticed more talkativeness and attentiveness. I've also put a drop of it below my nostrels and

have noticed that I tend to be less haphazard in what I say (i.e. more careful, less inclined to say something

stupid). I also don't get agitated like I do when I wear alot of a none only product. I get some good eye contact

and smiles from women with it on. One day, I was sitting beside a women who started moving around in her seat and

just couldn't seem to keep still when I sat beside her in a lobby. She kept fixing up her appearance (fixing her

hair and picking lint off of her clothes) and swinging her foot. I also felt a strong urge to start a conversation

with her, but I was busy filling out a job application at the time.

I've also used beta-nol in conjuction with

the nol musk. I haven't used that much but I noticed a reaction from kids; they seemed more playful around me. A

teenaged boy yesterday got on my nerves by meddling in my business trying to help me for no reason and taking things

off of my desk (I work in a school). I was about to tell him to get lost.

I primarily using beta-nol now but

from time to time I've used just a bit of Nexus along with it which is a none only product. I haven't

experimented with this combination much but it does seem to be powerful. I will be getting PCC in the mail soon to

use it alone and in conjuction with my beta-nol.

DrSmellThis
09-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Nice report, Tiger.