PDA

View Full Version : Hair line

asuperdictator
10-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Okay, I\'m 16, my

friends started making fun of me for my hair line. I never noticed it before, but I actually think my hair line is

receding. Some say it\'s just genetics, but like does that mean it will continue to recede forever, or go to a

point and stop for a while. I don\'t care so much about going bald later in my life, but not in High school! I

don\'t want to be a senior who seriously is bald. Is that possible? I just hope it\'s a thing where as I am

growing, my hair line changes, rather than recedes, is that what it might be, or do you think it will continue to

recede? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

franki
10-05-2003, 09:03 AM
Does it look like

this?

http://www.f-central.com/hairline.JPG (\"http://www.f-central.com/hairline.JPG\")

CptKipling
10-05-2003, 09:17 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Does it look like

this?

http://www.f-central.com/hairline.JPG (\"http://www.f-central.com/hairline.JPG\")

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

your photography skills are unparalleled

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

franki
10-05-2003, 09:19 AM
This is not a thread about

photography, but about hair lines. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

manchorito
10-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Yea Franki, it is alot

like that...what does it mean?

franki
10-05-2003, 09:37 AM
</font><blockquote><font

what does it mean?

I would

like to know too!

manchorito
10-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Franki, how long has

your hair line been like that? I think I need to visit a dermatologist.

ToBeOrNotToBe
10-05-2003, 11:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Franki, how long has your hair line been like that?

I think I need to visit a dermatologist.

It\'s the best you can

do...

tallmacky
10-05-2003, 12:32 PM
You hairline may not

receed you may just loose hair on top like a thinning effect...watch out for that, a receeding hairline just makes

you look as if you are more intelligent and sly and such...receeding hairlines if that is all you are noticing seems

to last longer thany any other efffect......There is no good news and probably nothing at all that can be

done...sexism still exist to this day...I thought I was going bald during my 12th grade senior year....I don\'t

know if I am or not now? Most people are preoccupid and don\'t care at all..well it\'s not them..if you do go

bald those people will care a lot more I bet. At that age it could be more hormonal than genetic?

Holmes
10-05-2003, 12:44 PM
</font><blockquote><font

You hairline may not receed you may just loose hair on top like a thinning

effect...

That would blow.

Holmes

manchorito
10-05-2003, 12:58 PM
So I shud visit a

dermatologist to make sure right? How can hormones play into balding? Oh and If you haven\'t noticed it I told

asuperdictator to say it because I was afraid you all might react to it wierd, and I email him a lot and

asuperdictator you have no shame. I owe you one.

tallmacky
10-05-2003, 01:18 PM
I don\'t think anyone

would think you were weird, I don\'t think anyone would care or not care either...16 is about the age I thought

about it, it\'s not just an obession something sparks you to think about what is going on/happening as at first

you would be the only one to notice etc.....When you first noticed something did you just think you cut your hair

wrong or something like that?

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
The causes of

male pattern baldness are thought to be complex and are not completely understood. However, as suggested by its

medical name (androgenetic alopecia), male pattern baldness seems to involve both hormonal (androgen) and genetic

factors. Many different types of hormones play roles in the regulation of scalp hair, but the hormones with the

largest effect are the androgens. Testosterone and its more potent derivative dihydrotestosterone (DHT) are

responsible for increasing the size of hair follicles in areas such as the beard and underarm during puberty, but

can also cause hair follicles in the scalp to decrease in size later in life. These contrasting responses to DHT

might be explained by genetic differences in the individual hair follicles. Similarly, in men who are balding,

genetically determined characteristics of hair follicles in the scalp may cause the follicles to be more likely to

degrade in the presence of androgens. Hair follicles become miniaturized, and the hair consequently becomes thinner

and shorter. The growing phase of the growth cycle becomes progressively shorter, which means more hairs are shed.

Although the follicles still have an adequate blood supply, they continue to shrink, and some eventually die.

This also explains why guys who have a lot of body

hair and other hormonal influences are prone to this along with losing your hair on the top of your head but not on

the sides and back....I think they are saying in the end your genetics play the final card, but DHT levels and other

things I don\'t undestand can cause/speed up the the baldness. So you should see a Dermo, what is the worst that

can happen, and you should always get the truth no matter what.

</font><blockquote><font

The hormone testosterone is responsible for growing hair on the body but

thinning the hair on the scalp. Some think that if a person has a high level of testosterone and is very hairy, he

will most likely go bald.

Ooops, that right there is a strong

signal for me to watch out (can\'t help being such a man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) Really

hi-testostorone and a lot of body hair are a good combo for hair loss....Anyone got some estrogen for me (I know

it\'s not that easy)...I have really high-test levels always (I assume) have and I noticed about 2 years ago I can

get extremely hairy (body wise) so I need to watch my ass too. I can also assume with holding genetic factors that

the younger this happens the higher the levels or the hormones that play a role.

http://www.retainandgrow.com/male_pattern_ba

ldness.shtml (\"http://www.retainandgrow.com/male_pattern_baldness.shtml\")

good link!

Elana
10-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Here is a forum dedicated to

hairloss

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php (\"http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php\")

manchorito
10-05-2003, 03:48 PM
My dad is bald, so

unless I get Propecia and it works and stops the entire balding, I am pretty sure I will be bald in later life. I am

fine with that, what I am not fine with is being bald in HIGH school!!! How fast to hairlines usually recede, is

there a possibility of me being bald in highschool?

tallmacky
10-05-2003, 04:02 PM
I know what you

mean...going bald during highschool people don\'t seem to understand is not considered natural by many and is much

more embarrassing than later life....The earlier it happens the worse of an effect..It\'s like having a huge

birthmark on your face people are always going to ask, judge, and wonder etc...16, 17, 18, and etc.. year olds

shouldn\'t have to worry about baldness. I doubt you will lose anything noticible to \"others\" (you may notice

it) during your highschool time, as far as college and so forth I can\'t say...it\'s really different for

everyone. My friends older brother was worried about a receeding hairline, but he was around 22 I believe and the

doctor simply told him that it was normal for a young man\'s hairline to go back a bit during the later years of

puberty..that could also be the case for you. That was 3 years ago and the guy still has his hair.

manchorito
10-05-2003, 04:54 PM
Thanks Tallmacky, that

advice helps, you know the whole later puberty hairline. You always give me good advice come to think about it. My

brothers hairline started to recede at 22 and he took propecia, the hairline stayed strong, he was just worried

about balding, and his hair is still there 2 years later so I think that is what I\'ll do.

Sacogoo
10-06-2003, 07:49 AM
&lt;&lt;Yea Franki, it is

alot like that...what does it mean?&gt;&gt;

My guess is that it means you have a receding hairline. (Duh.) Or

your hairline is genetically coded to hit a certain point on your scalp. Or you\'ll be going to the prom in a

toupee. Or you can go get fitted for doll hair.

Either way, it\'s you. Roll with it. If you\'re destined

to be bald, then embrace your inner Yul Brenner and go with the flow. Me, I\'m going bald on top (meaning that

I\'ll have the ring around the sides and rear). It happens to everyone in my family. My younger brother was

completely barren on top by 26, and he still lays more pipe that Wabashah plumbing. Personally, I can\'t wait for

all of it to fall out on top. It would make me look older (yeah, I\'m 36, but I look a lot younger - if I wear a

ball cap, I still get carded for booze every once and a while). In fact, I recently interviewed for a national

marketing director position, which I didn\'t get, and later found out that the VP that did the interview thought

that I was too young for the position, even though the guy that they did hire was only a year older than me. Crap,

I can\'t wait for the rest of it to fall out so that I can start looking my age. (I was even thinking about doing

the Whitehall penis growth regimen - not to enlarge my penis as I\'m perfectly fine with what I got (it\'s

completely medium/normal sized, but I\'m pretty secure in my love making abilities to not worry about a little

thing like penis size (little thing - get it? Har, har, har!), but rather to make my hair fall out like

Sagacious\'s hair did. (And seriously, if I need a giant wang to satisfy my lover, all I need to do is go into my

drawer of tricks and pull out one of my fun toys. Big? I got big for you right here? Spinning, vibrating, and

pulsing at three different pleasure points? Got that too!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kari
10-06-2003, 08:00 AM
Two bald men were voted the

sexiest on TV, one year-- Patrick Steward and Vince (or is it Mitch?) Pilaggi.

Sacogoo
10-06-2003, 09:05 AM
Manchorito

writes:
&lt;&lt;Oh and If you haven\'t noticed it I told asuperdictator to say it because I was afraid you all

might react to it wierd, and I email him a lot and asuperdictator you have no shame.&gt;&gt;

You\'re using a

fake cover of your already anonymous identity on the forum? How many more little Manchoritos are out there? Was

that superdic that had the erection question, or Manchorito? Which one is the dominant personality? Which one is

the good twin, and which one is the evil twin?

Sacogoo
10-06-2003, 09:32 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Two bald men were voted the sexiest on TV, one year-- Patrick Steward and

Vince (or is it Mitch?) Pilaggi.

I also heard that the actor

that played Detective Skinner on the X-Files received more \"love letters\" than David Duchovney.

Holmes
10-06-2003, 10:13 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Manchorito writes:
&lt;&lt;Oh and If you haven\'t noticed it I told

asuperdictator to say it because I was afraid you all might react to it wierd, and I email him a lot and

asuperdictator you have no shame.&gt;&gt;

You\'re using a fake cover of your already anonymous identity on the

forum? How many more little Manchoritos are out there?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif What?! A ghost-poster in our midst?! Stop that

silliness! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

</font><blockquote><font

Two bald men were voted the sexiest on TV, one year-- Patrick Steward and

Vince (or is it Mitch?) Pilaggi.

I also heard that the actor that played Detective Skinner on the X-Files

received more \"love letters\" than David Duchovney.

That\'s

true! And hey, Kojack, Bruce Willis...Seal? Good company. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif So,

en-gage , Mr. LaForge!

Holmes

Kari
10-06-2003, 10:38 AM
Yes, he did. That was Pileggi.

More and STEAMIER love letters.

Brian
10-06-2003, 11:04 AM
</font><blockquote><font

Yea Franki, it is alot like that...what does it mean?

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

My hair line looked like that picture when I was 18 yrs. old. I\'m

48 now and still have all my hair. I wouldn\'t worry about it at your age. How many bald teenagers have you seen

lately? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Holmes
10-06-2003, 11:10 AM
</font><blockquote><font

How many bald teenagers have you seen lately?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Besides the

young Lex Luther dude in \"Smallville?\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes

Bruce
10-06-2003, 11:32 AM
I ditto what Brian says. I

don\'t know when it happened, but I was young and started seeing my hairline go back on those corner areas. I

didn\'t worry because there is no baldness in my family on either side. Now I am 53 and still have all the rest

of my hair nice and thick. If I were to get a total buzz cut, very short, you would notice that peak effect, but

I leave just a little extra in front and the rest of my head is crew cut. It looks fine. Unelss you have baldness

in your family, I wouldn\'t worry about it. And even if you do, my guess is that the real baldness won\'t kick

in until you are nearing 30.

Bruce

manchorito
10-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Uhh, I don\'t think so

about that multiple posters. I just talk to him a lot of AOL Instant Messenger because we both are in high school,

and both are trying to be alpha, but I have had success with that and he is getting there.

jago25_98
03-20-2004, 05:23 AM
minoxidil is the only one I

can feel working.

£30 a month though!

I\'ve figured out how to make it by hand now

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif