PDA

View Full Version : Phenylethylamine - The chemical of Infatuation

bsxs
09-30-2003, 05:04 PM
When humans fall in love, it is phenylethylamine that is released. We need to find a way to get phenylethylamine in pheromone form. Chocolate has that in it, maybe that\'s why Angel is big.

skeptic
09-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Of course, it\'s a hell of a lot more complicated than this.

MDMA (ecstasy) is, if I\'m not mistaken, a phenethylamine. Plenty of drugs are phenethylamines. I have my doubts that many of them will ever be effectively delivered in gas or vapor form, however.

Kari
10-01-2003, 06:53 AM
That\'s also why lovesick people often crave chocolate.

Whitehall
10-01-2003, 10:23 AM
There is phenylethylamine (PEA) and then there are the varients with extra side groups hung off various points.

As to falling in love, it\'s a bit more complicated as oxytocin is a more direct casuation of \"love\" (attachment and bonding) while PEA is more implicated with the excitment of lust.

A great book that I\'ve recommended many times is \"The Alchemy of Love and Lust\" by Crenshaw.
(http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2XNCYQHJMR&isbn=0671004441& itm=1)

Jones
10-01-2003, 12:55 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
When humans fall in love, it is phenylethylamine that is released. We need to find a way to get phenylethylamine in pheromone form. Chocolate has that in it, maybe that\'s why Angel is big.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

This thread is wrong on so many levels.

1. Chocolate doesnt just have PEA in it, mostly its theobromine and caffeine that give the \'hi\'

2. Whitehall is more correct, but just one chemical aint responsible for love. Its a cascading a very delicate process, when Helen Fisher began observing PEA levels, her conclusion was *not* that is was infatuation itself, but a piece of a puzzle which poses a model of chemical stimulants which acount for some kinds of love

3. You are completely ignoring the moral implications. Oxy is a street drug, it almost killed jack osbourne, and it does kill thousands. PEA would be, if it wasnt such a bitch to make and store.

Pheromones work on a natural level. If your goal is to induce a drug like euphora, I sugest you go find some GHB.

Tell the judge you were using it for pheromonal purposes.

jamesdeanmartin
10-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Um....

A lot smarter people than I will probably jump in on this, but...

oxytocin

is very much NOT

oxycontin (oxycodone is the active ingredient)

and while oxycontin is abused, it is perscription drug. Saying thousands of people have died from it is likely an exaggeration.

Do you have info to back up that PEA kills thousands?

And GHB is a date-rape drug, pheromone users are date rapists? Please.

take care,
JDM

skeptic
10-01-2003, 04:55 PM
While this is rapidly moving into off-topic-land, GHB is only a \"date-rape drug\" in the hands of date rapists.

Everything else is pretty much correct, though I don\'t know about the PEA content of chocolate. Just a note, though, I\'m assuming PEA is referring to a single compound (phenylethylamine, as some have said), and not the FAMILY of phenethylamines.

jamesdeanmartin
10-01-2003, 05:11 PM
GHB is only a \"date-rape drug\" in the hands of date rapists.

And your point is?

JDM

Holmes
10-01-2003, 05:21 PM

And your point is?

Whereas, in the hands of Jim Carrey, it\'s a RRRRRRRRRRRIOT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes

Whitehall
10-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Whitehall is more correct, but just one chemical

aint responsible for love.

Mr. Jones

May I suggest a close

reading of the actual words I used. I only corrected the associations of PEA and oxytocin and did not claim that

either was the sole chemical involved.

skeptic
10-01-2003, 09:59 PM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

And your point is?

JDM

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

By calling it \"a date-rape drug\", you\'re mischaracterizing it by assigning qualities

present in some small percentage of users to the substance itself.

Jones
10-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Yea your right, i mixed up the oxy\'s. But oxycontin does kill.

\"And GHB is a date-rape

drug, pheromone users are date rapists? Please.\" GDM

Maximizeing a natural signal is one thing, designing a

drug to get someone high by getting them to sniff something makes you a rapist if you plan on having sex with the

chick. If a drug ever came out that raises seratonin the way PEA/Oxy does, the FDA would make sure every trace of

it would be destroyed.

I would challenge anyone to defy the idea that using a PEA/Oxy (neurotrans stim)

qualifies as anyting else other then the date-rape method of getting a chick hi then trying trying to sleep with

her.

\"By calling it \"a date-rape drug\", you\'re mischaracterizing it by assigning qualities

present in some small percentage of users to the substance itself. \"

99% of GHB is used from

date-rape
1% of GHB is used for bodybuilding

Also, MDMA is not a PEA. I think some neuro trans

probably have that moiety, but MDMA does not.

fizzymcgee
10-02-2003, 01:16 PM
wow jonesy... speak what you know please. i myself have never tried GHB but i have friends who LOVE the

stuff simply because it\'s a great high (or so i\'ve heard). And i\'ve never heard of it being used for

body-building, not from anyone i know. that could very well demonstrate my lack of knowledge on the subject, as i

said i\'ve never taken the drug and therefore never taken an interest in learning about it.

One thing I am

quite certain of, howeever, is that MDMA IS a phenylethylamine.

Also, who the heck ever said anything about

having sex with the person you are using the drug on? I thought this was thread about making them fall in love, not

making them horny enough to take advantage of.

jamesdeanmartin
10-02-2003, 01:51 PM
1% of GHB is used for

bodybuilding

Don\'t you mean HGH?

I\'m starting to think

this guy is some chem nerd trolling for some laughs in the lab.

Jones
10-02-2003, 02:00 PM
\"wow jonesy... speak what you know please. i myself have never tried GHB but i have friends who LOVE

the stuff simply because it\'s a great high (or so i\'ve heard). And i\'ve never heard of it being used for

body-building, not from anyone i know. that could very well demonstrate my lack of knowledge on the subject, as i

said i\'ve never taken the drug and therefore never taken an interest in learning about it.

One thing I am

quite certain of, howeever, is that MDMA IS a phenylethylamine.

Also, who the heck ever said anything about

having sex with the person you are using the drug on? I thought this was thread about making them fall in love, not

making them horny enough to take advantage of.\"

Did you read the title? \"Phenylethylamine - The chemical of

Infatuation \" -- you only reason for making a partner lust after you is for sex. Or maybe if you were really

twisted there could be something else.

You going to lecture me on organic chemistry? I am Chem B.S, do

you have a college degree?

GO here: www.chemfinder.com (\"http://www.chemfinder.com\")
Type

MDMA
Type PEA

Show me where on the 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine molecule you see a phenyl group attached to

an ethyl amine?

I see a dioxole group, a secondary amine and a Beta-amino propylbenzene. Please show me where the

aromatic carbon attaches to nitrogen so we can call this a phenyl ethyl amine-which is by definition of course a

secondary amine.

But I am sure you know that, b/c I am sure you took 2 years of organic chemistry.

Whoever

told you MDMA was a PEA was not a chemist. Just some idiot who can barely understand the language.

Jones
10-02-2003, 02:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Don\'t you mean HGH?

I\'m starting to think this guy is some chem nerd trolling for

some laughs in the lab.

GHB used to be sold at GNC as a

bodybuilding supplement. The people began abusing it. Now please accuse me of trolling before someone intellegent

contributes to this conversation

Jones
10-02-2003, 02:16 PM
</font><blockquote><font

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Don\'t you mean HGH?

I\'m starting to think this guy is some chem nerd trolling for

some laughs in the lab.

I am so big a troll that I planted this

http://www.healthboards.com/addiction-an

d-recovery/1194.html (\"http://www.healthboards.com/addiction-and-recovery/1194.html\")

almost 3 years ago

jamesdeanmartin
10-02-2003, 02:23 PM
Hi Jones,

I was making fun of you because you mixed up oxycontin and oxytocin. I

was trying to be clever. Apparently that went over your head. I thought it was funny.

I\'m guessing english

isn\'t your first language, so I\'ll play nice but your tone is highly confrontational and mildly annoying.

Everyone around here is pretty damn smart, a lot of us even qualify for membership in mensa, so bragging about a

b.s. isn\'t going to amount to much.

This is an area for conversation and intelligent dialogue, not a

monologue. Your tone perhaps should be more gentle, especially considering the fact you lectured us on the wrong

facts.

take care,
JDM

Jones
10-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Hi Jones,

I was making fun of you

because you mixed up oxycontin and oxytocin. I was trying to be clever. Apparently that went over your head. I

thought it was funny.

I\'m guessing english isn\'t your first language, so I\'ll play nice but your tone is

highly confrontational and mildly annoying. Everyone around here is pretty damn smart, a lot of us even qualify for

membership in mensa, so bragging about a b.s. isn\'t going to amount to much.

This is an area for conversation

and intelligent dialogue, not a monologue. Your tone perhaps should be more gentle, especially considering the fact

you lectured us on the wrong facts.

take care,
JDM

I am

sorry you were offended. Even if you have an IQ of 200, there is still no way that you know more about organic

chemistry me unless you have a BS or Ph.D. in a related field. Bragging is when you build yourself up for no

reason, I was simply explaining how anyone with a room temperature IQ could reconize that someone who has a BS in a

certain subject probably knows more about it then those who do not.

I am still waiting for your to show me a

benzylic amine with an ethyl group on the MDMA. Oh wait, you have no clue what I am talking about. Why dont you

just accept the fact that becuase you read about pheromones doesnt make you an intellectual equal when you cross

over to a field which some people devote there entire live to.

jamesdeanmartin
10-02-2003, 06:15 PM
No matter how much you beg I\'m not going to have sex with you.

take care,
JDM

Jones
10-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Id expect a little more wit from a law student

Quorum
10-02-2003, 08:49 PM
GHB used to be sold at GNC as a

bodybuilding supplement. The people began abusing it. Now please accuse me of trolling before someone intellegent

contributes to this conversation

I can back Jones up on that, I

can definitely remember seeing ads for GHB in powerlifting &amp; bodybuilding magazines, back around 1988 or 89 I

believe. Was almost going to try it myself. But I never got around to it, as it was taken off the market shortly

thereafter.

Jones
10-02-2003, 09:05 PM
Thanks. Yea, there is this one guy at my gym who still used it up till recently. He got physically

dependant on the stuff and never realized it, he got arested for possesion of it a few months ago.

Ash
10-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Jones. I know you got your blood up tonight (too much coffee?) but this request is not intended to put

you on the defensive. Could you elaborate on the statement below? Addressing both the Serotonin connection to

PEA/Oxy and the FDA stamping out a drug that would raise S levels.

</font><blockquote><font

If a drug ever came out that raises seratonin the way PEA/Oxy does, the FDA

would make sure every trace of it would be destroyed.

Also,

at the bottom of that reply you used a word unfamiliar to me: \"moiety\" What\'s that? Is it a word that has

morphed into a chemistry term?

1) moiety. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth

Edition. 2000.
...Anthropology Either of two kinship groups based on unilateral descent that together make up a

tribe or society. Middle English moite, from Old French meitiet, moitie,...

Thanks!

Ash

Elana
10-02-2003, 09:21 PM
No matter how much you beg I\'m not

going to have sex with you.

I will

Jones
10-02-2003, 09:34 PM
Jones. I know you got your blood up

tonight (too much coffee?) but this request is not intended to put you on the defensive. Could you elaborate on the

statement below? Addressing both the Serotonin connection to PEA/Oxy and the FDA stamping out a drug that would

raise S levels.

If a drug ever came out that

raises seratonin the way PEA/Oxy does, the FDA would make sure every trace of it would be destroyed.

<hr

Also, at the bottom of that reply you used a word unfamiliar to me:

\"moiety\" What\'s that? Is it a word that has morphed into a chemistry term?

1) moiety. The American

Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.
...Anthropology Either of two kinship groups

based on unilateral descent that together make up a tribe or society. Middle English moite, from Old French meitiet,

moitie,...

Thanks!

Ash

Sure no prob.

moiety

as definied by m-w.com ;

2 : one of the portions into which something is divided : COMPONENT, PART

Its

basically a chem term for functional group (meaning a grouping of atoms like a phenylethylamine).

Sure, about

the Oxy/PEA thing.

Those are some POWERFUL molecules? Remember when you first had a crush on a girl? Remeber

how sometimes you can become completely fixated on just one girl, so much so that you miss turns and consider

yourself in love. We could call this infatuation type love.

This state of mind causes a revved up neuro

production. Your brain works at insane speeds. You feel high. The effect is so massive, that one cannot sustain

that high for very long. We all know that two partners fall out of this \'hot and heavy\' state.

Helen

Fisher has extensively documented this phenomenon. She even thoerizes that the reason we have a 4 year divorce peak

(the number of years into a marriage when most divorces occur) is becuase 4 years is the maximum amount of time that

the brain can produce PEA and Oxy and seratonin in these huge amouts.

I am basically summarizeing \'the

anatomy of love\', by helen fisher. in case anyone is interested.

Another interesting related thing, about PEA,

just to explain what it is; Fisher told females to bring in pics of there boyfriends. There brain was scanned for

PEA levels. Once they looked at the picture, one could measure a rise in PEA levels almost instantanously.

I

explained all this to show just how powerful the love drugs are. X isnt a love drug-and is very powerful.

Trust

me, if you could willfully raise PEA and Oxy in anothers brain, you could seduce any woman you wanted. Surely.

I call that wrong.

But I dont call pheromones wrong. Becuase, 1. - they dont really do much, and 2. - its a

signal that is already present.

Jones
10-02-2003, 09:37 PM
BTW, the women in PEA study claimed to be \'in love\'

Jones
10-02-2003, 09:42 PM
Well anyways, the point is, we would be dealing with a powerful molecule. Basically mind control.

Course the goverment already knows how to do that with sounds waves.

TBiRD
10-03-2003, 02:55 AM
WoW ! First , somewhat interesting thread in months...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sacogoo
10-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Well anyways, the point is, we would be

dealing with a powerful molecule. Basically mind control. Course the goverment already knows how to do that with

sounds waves.

Don\'t forget the old government standby -

flouride. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DrSmellThis
10-03-2003, 11:35 AM
WoW ! First , somewhat interesting

thread in months... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

This might well be the first time you\'ve been interested in months. But does every

thread/poster have a responsibility to hold your interest? And how many interesting threads did you start?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

skeptic
10-03-2003, 10:09 PM
I didn\'t know \"oxy\" was a neurotransmitter. o_O

Secondly, I\'d like to see a source on

your assertion that 99% of GHB use is for date rape, and 1% for bodybuilding. Seriously. Back it up.

GHB has

seen and continues to see plenty of use as a recreational drug and as a less toxic substitute for alcohol, at least

when it\'s available, on the east coast and in parts of the upper midwest that I have anecdotal \"eyes and

ears\" in.

As to your statements about serotonin and PEA and \"oxy\" lasting six years, and other such ..

interesting ideas (sound waves and mind control?), I think I\'ll wait for the report in Nature. ^_^ A B.S. in

organic doesn\'t confer a Ph.D. in neuropsychology, psychopharmacology, or anything else.

Incidentally, I

believe that \"phenethylamines\" when used to refer to centrally acting drugs is sort of a moniker used to

describe an entire family of structurally related compounds which include MDMA, MDA, and cousins. I\'ve used it

as such (and seen it used as such) due to the work of Alexander Shulgin, who penned the (in)famous _Phenethylamines

I Have Known And Loved_, and later, _Tryptamines I Have Known And Loved_. CF:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online

/pihkal/pihkal.shtml (\"http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal.shtml\")

In fact, the online version of the book even goes so far as to helpfully provide a

definition for us:

phen-ethyl-amine \\fen-\'eth-al-a-,men\\ n. [phenyl fr. F. phène, fr. Gk.

phainein, to show (from its occurrence in illuminating gas)+ ethyl ( + yl) + amine fr. NL ammonia] 1: A

naturally occurring compound found in both the animal and plant kingdoms. It is an endogenous component of the human

brain. 2: Any of a series of compounds containing the phenethylamine skeleton, and modified by chemical

constituents at appropriate positions in the molecule.

I imagine the key word in that definition would

be \"skeleton\", for those prone to trifling over exact semantics.

Jones
10-04-2003, 01:07 PM
\"I didn\'t know \"oxy\" was a neurotransmitter. o_O\" -technically it is, if oxy stands for

oxytocin. Wow I mentally misplaced two consanants, big deal.

\"Secondly, I\'d like to see a source on your

assertion that 99% of GHB use is for date rape, and 1% for bodybuilding. Seriously. Back it up.\"
Cry me a

river. Its illegal to posses, and anyone who doesnt need to take haldol would only risk getting arrested if they

were using it for date rape.

\"As to your statements about serotonin and PEA and \"oxy\" lasting six years,

and other such .. interesting ideas (sound waves and mind control?),\"
Its just a conspiracy thoery. There are

some interesting articles on the net.

\"A B.S. in organic doesn\'t confer a Ph.D. in neuropsychology,

psychopharmacology, \" Id love to hear input from with a Ph.D.

\"Incidentally, I believe that

\"phenethylamines\" when used to refer to centrally acting drugs is sort of a moniker used to describe an entire

family of structurally related compounds which include MDMA, MDA, and cousins. \"
And your beliefs would be

wrong.

\"In fact, the online version of the book even goes so far as to helpfully provide a definition for

us:
phen-ethyl-amine \\fen-\'eth-al-a-,men\\ n. [phenyl fr. F. phène, fr. Gk. phainein, to show (from

its occurrence in illuminating gas)+ ethyl ( + yl) + amine fr. NL ammonia] 1: A naturally occurring compound

found in both the animal and plant kingdoms. It is an endogenous component of the human brain. 2: Any of a series

of compounds containing the phenethylamine skeleton, and modified by chemical constituents at appropriate positions

in the molecule. \"
Yes, I made a detailed explanation describing the skeleton. Would you like me to do this a

again? Secondary amine w/ a phenyl and an ethyl. Is that MDMA, sadly not. It is a 2-phenyl-ethylamine. Big

difference. Stop offering opinions and start learning.

skeptic
10-04-2003, 01:18 PM
I\'m not interested in \"learning\" from people with smartass attitudes like yours, right or wrong.

In your case, you\'re serving bullsh!t soup with a pinch of knowledge for seasoning, and it ain\'t with a

smile. Try getting a B.S. in tactful discourse, it\'ll do you some good.

EOF

Holmes
10-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Its illegal to posses, and anyone who

doesnt need to take haldol would only risk getting arrested if they were using it for date rape.

<hr

\"Hello, may I speak to Hal?\"

\"Hal who?\"

\"HALDOL!\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As you were, gentlemen...

Holmes

manchorito
10-04-2003, 03:28 PM
phenylethylamine, say this all works, and we can wear it, and you fall in love with someone and they

fall in love with you. The day you stop wearing it is the day its over. We\'re talkin possibly divorce.

Jones
10-04-2003, 10:42 PM
phenylethylamine, say this all works,

and we can wear it, and you fall in love with someone and they fall in love with you. The day you stop wearing it is

the day its over. We\'re talkin possibly divorce.

You might

think...

But Helen Fisher found that PEA levels only rose when couples were romantically in love. If you could

induce the levels for 3-4 years, then stop, it would be the same as if the person was naturally producing the stuff.

Romantic love fades on average in 4 years.

this is all thoeretical of course.

Jones
10-04-2003, 10:44 PM
I\'m not interested in \"learning\"

from people with smartass attitudes like yours, right or wrong. In your case, you\'re serving bullsh!t soup with

a pinch of knowledge for seasoning, and it ain\'t with a smile. Try getting a B.S. in tactful discourse, it\'ll

do you some good.

EOF

Yea your obviously a master of

\'tactful discourse\' yourself.

TBiRD
10-05-2003, 10:52 AM
This might well be the first time

you\'ve been interested in months.

Obviously depends on the

way u look at it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
But does every thread/poster have a responsibility to hold your interest?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

ABSOLUTELY ! ! ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And how many interesting threads did you start?

Y o u d e c i d e

...nah no offense doc , I appriciate your comments

~peace out~

DrSmellThis
10-05-2003, 06:35 PM
T-Bird, thanks for bringing \'street cred\' to the forum.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peace out to you as well, sir.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Holmes
10-05-2003, 06:41 PM
Peace out to you as well, sir.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yo, Docta

SmellDis, don\'t be frontin\'.

Holmes

DrSmellThis
10-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Shiiee! I ain\'t triflin. Naw dawg, I\'m good. I\'m good. Jus parlayin.

Is that a bit

more adequate?

Ho-lla.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Holmes
10-06-2003, 06:16 AM
Why, shibby, I think he\'s got it! I say, old boy, you\'ve got me straight tripping. Now

would you care to break it down? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

DrSmellThis
10-06-2003, 11:41 AM
I thank you \'bout gettin ready to smart mouth me. How big a boy are ya? When\'s uh last tahm ya

haid je dad gum ass whupped? Cause ah\'ll be own ye! Ah\'ll be own ye lak ants on a snow cone dahn nar, lak ugly

own a baboon\'s ass.

Sexyredhead
10-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Ahhhh, the sweet sounds of home.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DrSmellThis
10-06-2003, 12:37 PM
You a big-boned woman? Ah maht just take a shinin\' tew ye. Mah poor departed waf, Normer Jean, was a

big-boned woman, Gawd rest\'er soul. Used ta whup my ass alla tahm.

Holmes
10-06-2003, 01:05 PM
You a big-boned woman? Ah maht just

take a shinin\' tew ye. Mah poor departed waf, Normer Jean was a big-boned woman, Gawd rest\'er soul. Used ta

whup my ass alla tahm.

Yesssir, a good woman, Ah recollect.

Mmmmmhm. Me, Ah reckon Ahma figgerin\' how ta git me a hold a more a those french-frahd taters.

Mmmmhmm. Sure is gid. No big-boned woman a come tween me and them biscuits n musterd neither. No sir.

Mmmmhhm.

Holmes

DrSmellThis
10-06-2003, 01:50 PM

Whitehall
10-06-2003, 01:55 PM
It is difficult enough to make

sense of your writing when you\'re attempting standard English but this is impossible.

DrSmellThis
10-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Ahl dumb it down fer ya,

TAMEPP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

fizzymcgee
10-16-2003, 12:06 AM
sorry to come back to this

thing so late... i would like to clear something up...

jones:
first of all i\'m sorry if i was wrong

about the MDMA classification. I looked at the molecule and thoguht about it and almost agreed with you, but i have

heard it clasified so many times as a phenylethylamine i thoguht perhaps the classification could refer to the fact

that the benzene ring is attached to the ethyl group of the amine, NOT the nitrogen atom itself. it doesn\'t mean

there is an amine with a phenyl group and an ethyl attached, but an ethyl group attached to a phenyl... so if i

remember correctly that means it\'s a primary amine in MDA and a secondary amine in MDMA. i did take a year of

o-chem and it\'s been a while but this seems to make sense to me. I think, however, it\'s actually supposed to

be phenethylamine, not phenylethlyamine. I would honestly love to hear what you think because i\'m always willing

to be proven wrong...it\'s how we learn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

if i am right

about this i belive it means all amphetamines are phenethlylamines.