PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider signs of "hits"?

jamesdeanmartin
09-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Still snooping around the forum looking for hit stories. I\'m interested in what women interpret as hits as opposed to men. If you read the \"men\'s\" forum most hits seem to revolve around semi-lewd conduct (ie a lap dance or a girl rubbing up against you.) I think many of us probably end up missing a lot of hits just because we looking for some sort of overt sexual gestures.

Anyway, to get the ball rolling, as a guy I started to think about what I tend to do when I see an attractive girl.

Here are some things I came up with:

(i) Following a girl with my eyes - When I was younger I never did this, only within the past couple of years and once I started using pheromones have I noticed that I\'ve become much more obvious in watching a girl. When I was 18 or 19 my eyes would go right to the floor, now I\'m not exactly discreet. I don\'t think most guys are.

(ii) Eye contact/head tilt - I am a natural eye contact type of guy, I am always making solid eye contact with everyone. What I have noticed though when I\'m around women is I make eye contact and sort of cock my head to one side. I\'m guessing this comes from the animal kingdom, and by slightly tilting my head I am showing that I am open and not defending myself or looking to get aggressive. I\'m a big guy (6\'4\" probably closer to 6\'5\" but I always round down) so I guess somewhere along the way I found that this makes me less domineering when I\'m with women. On a side note, I\'ve had two of the most erotic eye contact sessions in my life within the past couple of weeks with girls at the bar. There was just this moment in the conversation where we were talking and getting closer and closer physically and we just looked into each others eyes and kept talking but the hardest thing in the world at that time was to stop myself from trying to kiss this girl. I don\'t know, I\'m not a PDA kind of guy and eventually the moment passed, but it was intense. It\'s happened twice now with two different girls.

(iii) Hand on the back - I don\'t know how my hand ends up on the back of women, but if it is there, it\'s a sign of affection and protection. It\'s a natural thing to me so much that I usually don\'t even notice I\'m doing it. Most of the bars I frequent are packed, so having a big guy with his arm around you probably is a good thing for a girl, who knows.

(iv) Smiles - I smile a lot at women, often without even thinking about it. If I see a girl I am attracted to I smile and I can\'t really stop it. Most smile back, some don\'t. The average guy doesn\'t smile too often. He\'ll laugh, frown, yell and do everything but smile most of the day. It isn\'t as acceptable for men to smile as women, so if a guy is smiling at you it is a sign he\'s interested.

Well I think that\'s it for now. Keep in mind that a lot of this stuff is almost subconscious, I never noticed any of my behavior until I sat down and thought about trying to interpret hits from women.

Any other thoughts?

Kari
09-30-2003, 08:47 AM
I just wore my new AE/w to a large event. One of my friends grabbed me in a hug, and sniffed my neck. He often hugs me. He has never sniffed my neck.

Others touched me on the arm or shoulder, or approached me to ask the time, or talk about the event.

Sometimes men will look after one, when one has passed them on the street. Or make a quick, pleasant comment-- without really \"coming on.\" One man approached me in a grocery store, and said, \"Excuse me, but I really have to tell you what a lovely figure you have.\" Then, he left.

I would call all of those \"hits.\"