PDA

View Full Version : Psychiatrist

manchorito
09-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Does anybody here see a psychiatrist? If so, have they helped you with woman. I would think they could tell you what you are doing wrong, especially if its a woman, and why things don\'t/do work out.

DrSmellThis
09-29-2003, 01:38 PM
Hhahahahahaahahahhahahahhhahahhahahahahahahaa!

Elana
09-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Manchorito....if you are going to be running to the doctor everytime you have a broken heart, you had better have some damn good insurance. Get used to this. It\'s called life.

Holmes
09-29-2003, 01:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Hhahahahahaahahahhahahahhhahahhahahahahahahaa!

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Wasn\'t gonna say anything, but...(see above).

Holmes

Elana
09-29-2003, 01:46 PM
and where is Tallmacky when we need him? He gives the best advice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DrSmellThis
09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Ok, in all seriousness, it is not possible to control how things go with a woman by doing things right, vs. doing them wrong. Things work out or they don\'t, whether due to chemistry (e.g., pheromones), timing, someome else\'s emotional issues, or you own emotional issues. This is not to say relationship skills (e.g., communication skills) won\'t help optimize a relationship. Have your emotions, accept, and move on, one day at a time.

Counseling, whether with a psychologist or social worker, can help you have better relationships in general. Couples counseling can help with a current relationship, but only if both parties want to change. But ask any counselor about THEIR love life, and you will again see that no one knows \"the secret\" to romance.

Increasingly, psychiatrists specialize in prescribing medication, and do very little if any counseling.

When your love life is perfect, most of it will still be a steaming, fragrant pile of fly-infested [censored], /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif until you find a special person to hang with. Then all of it will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So learn to enjoy the smell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

A good love life is a growth process, and a trend; not some one woman.

Holmes
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Agreed. A psychiatrist\'s modus operandi is basically to prescribe drugs (more and more these days.) A psychologist or counselor is more what you\'d be after.

Holmes

jamesdeanmartin
09-29-2003, 02:48 PM
The advice given in this thread alone is better than any advice you can get from a doctor.

I completely understand the need for everything to be \"perfect\" and to try to make things right and I sympathize with anyone going through a tough time. In many ways, I think forumns like this one are crucial to the mental health of people who work out their feelings best through writing :-)

JDM

Holmes
09-29-2003, 03:30 PM
and where is Tallmacky when we need him? He gives the best advice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Whitehall
09-29-2003, 03:39 PM
A friend of mine recommended this to me although she suggested I not go when she was leading. You have to tolerate sitting around in a California hot tub with a bunch of other naked people.

http://www.hai.org/ (\"http://www.hai.org/\")

to be held here:

http://www.harbin.org/ (\"http://www.harbin.org/\")

Actually, there are very few organized training outlets for teaching a young guy how to get laid more often or to generally get along with women better. Better to ask an older and wiser man to give you pointers.

manchorito
09-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Well, I am pretty much over that whole thing, though it might sound like im not. I was just wondering, because psychiatrists know like everything about emotions, and thats what women are raw masses of emotions.

Whitehall
09-29-2003, 03:57 PM
because psychiatrists know like everything about emotions

Debase yourself of that fallacy - before its too late.

AzMike
09-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Does anybody here see a psychiatrist? If so, have they helped you with woman. I would think they could tell you what you are doing wrong, especially if its a woman, and why things don\'t/do work out.

No psychiatrist, but have read thru a few books on the subject.

Well, I asked this elsewhere in this forum, and got zero responses. I\'ll generalize the question more here.

Has anyone read any of the Ron Louis/David Copeland books, such as How To Succeed With Women? OR has anyone read a book in the same category? What did you think of whatever book(s) you read?

Perhaps no one else here has heard of RL/DC, but that would be surprising.

I think the RL/DC books had some good pointers, but I didn\'t buy everything they said. They stated that pheromones don\'t work at all a few times in the 2 books I\'ve read, but didn\'t give any details on why they thought that. There\'s a slight possibility I could come to the same conclusion myself, but only after several months of much testing, with at least a half dozen differently-formulated products. This testing won\'t even begin for another week or so. I do have some skepticism, but am hopeful that at least some of the products will work as advertised. Time will tell.

AzMike

DrSmellThis
09-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Whitehall, do you ever, in a moment of quiet contemplation, stop to realize that your moniker suggests the acronym, \"TAME PP\"?!

-- hardly fitting for an alpha such as yourself, n\'est pas? Has the missus been whipping you into limp submission?

Since I AM a doctor, by the way, that will be $125.00.

Jones
09-29-2003, 05:58 PM

First of all, you obviously meant pyschologist. Psychiatrists are MD\'s who spend all day writting scripts for happy pills.

If there is on thing Ive learned about relationships, its that each succesive one mirrors the last. Meanining, things in general never change-especially with just one person, no matter how much time passes between breaking up.

Whatever problems you have now with women--wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Just remember;

\"Let me not to the marriage of true minds ... \"

-Shakespeare

...for those of you not familiar with that sonnet, yes, yes it does mean that shakespear wrote a poem about divorce

Holmes
09-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Whatever problems you have now with women--wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Please. Be candid.

Holmes

DZorro
10-01-2003, 09:33 AM
--
Since I AM a doctor, by the way, that will be $125.00.

lol, DrSmellThis

DZorro,