PDA

View Full Version : Guys with either of the Edge Essentials (help)

Bruce
09-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Edge Essentials owners,
Please check your bottles (names and contents) against this page:
http://love-scent.com/essentials/order.html (\"http://love-scent.com/essentials/order.html\")
I just noticed that the samples I have of the men\'s EE are opposite in fragrance to the contents listed on the webpage (above)! I have been wearing and enjoying the \"Heat\" product which is definitely a woodsy cedar-like smell whil the other one, \"Arouser\" smells sort of like patchouli to me. Is that must my samples or are they all like that?
Bruce
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MysteriousMan
09-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Bruce,

mine seem OK. But the pictures on the order page don\'t reflect the colors of the stuff I received.
I mean my Arouser is ok. But if you say heat should smell like patchouli, I might have a problem: mine has a fresh citrus-like smell (with perhaps a little patchouli).

MysteriousMan

Holmes
09-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Mine seems right.

Holmes

MysteriousMan
09-28-2003, 01:12 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
But if you say heat should smell like patchouli, I might have a problem: mine has a fresh citrus-like smell (with perhaps a little patchouli).

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

OK, after a while, the fresh part disappears and something like patchouli remains.

MysteriousMan

DZorro
09-28-2003, 01:17 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Edge Essentials owners,
Please check your bottles (names and contents) against this page:
http://love-scent.com/essentials/order.html (\"http://love-scent.com/essentials/order.html\")
I just noticed that the samples I have of the men\'s EE are opposite in fragrance to the contents listed on the webpage (above)! I have been wearing and enjoying the \"Heat\" product which is definitely a woodsy cedar-like smell whil the other one, \"Arouser\" smells sort of like patchouli to me. Is that must my samples or are they all like that?
Bruce
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Mine seems oke Bruce. I have both Heat and Arouser.
All seems oke.

DZorro,

Bruce
09-28-2003, 03:53 PM
I\'m not sure about the colors. The individual bottle photo used in the \"add to cart\" page is the same for all products. That\'s not the problem. What worries me is that I was told by Daryn (at LaCroy) via email that the Arouser product contained cedarwood, but to me it is the Heat product that smells like cedarwood. It smells very fresh; not really citrus, more like being out in a forest in the rain or something. Anyone else getting that? That the Heat product has the wood smell?

Bruce

oscar
09-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Bruce,

I too have both EE\'s.
Arouser is \"urine sample\" YELLOW, and smells quite cedar-y.
Heat is clear as water, with a lemony primary note that I suspect to be Verbena (rather than Vetivert), and a light spicy, sage-y note (well in the backround) that COULD conceivably be interpreted as \"woodsy\" at a stretch. Presumably the Clary Sage.

When I first posted about the fragrance of Heat I didn\'t have a handle on the fragrance of Vetivert, but I just put a dab of it on one wrist, and a dab of Heat on the other, and they seem to have nothing in common.

Arouser\'s fragrance reminds me of the scent of Attraction, only MUCH stronger. Attraction has always been billed as having a Sandalwood scent if I\'m not mistaken, but it smelled quite cedar-like to me.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bruce
09-30-2003, 04:06 AM
Oscar,
Thanks. I think that nails it down. Those descriptions on the site are correct apparently. I have been wearing the heat and somehow I got the idea that it had the smell of cedar to it. The other one smells a little like patchouli to me which threw me off still further, but sniffing back and forth I get it now.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback,
Bruce

Watcher
10-03-2003, 01:29 AM
When you must be sniffing dozens of phero products daily then obviously bruce yorue sense of smell like

a wine taster must occasionaly get confused - i quite often confuse my phero products.