PDA

View Full Version : Man in a Dress

Icarus
09-28-2003, 04:47 AM
Sort of...

I\'m just getting set to go off to see my lovely friend Gerry get himself hitched!

And I\'m donning the uber-macho, totally manly Kilt!

I don\'t look very Scottish, but it\'s great fun anyway - breezy!

No mones to speak of; as I\'ve promised to be on my best behaviour and pheros would probably not have helped!

Gotta shave then get going!

Man in a Dress, ahoy!

Steve

Elana
09-28-2003, 04:49 AM
Yeah baby! Anything on under the kilt? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Icarus
09-28-2003, 05:11 AM
Never! I\'m off now!

Byeeeee!

druid
09-28-2003, 12:37 PM
well if u don\'t wear any undies then there should be plenty of natural pheros whafting around! and make sure u get a big plate of HAGGIS!!

Kari
09-29-2003, 07:18 AM
Oh, honey! I used to date a man from Manx, who dressed highland. NOTHING is sexier than a kilted man!!!!!!! NOTHING!

BTW-- Here\'s a nice Scot\'s tradition. The men, when they do the highland dances, are supposed to make the fringe on the kilt bounce up, till it touches their noses.

Elana
09-29-2003, 01:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
BTW-- Here\'s a nice Scot\'s tradition. The men, when they do the highland dances, are supposed to make the fringe on the kilt bounce up, till it touches their noses.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I\'d love a front row seat for that show.

Kari
10-01-2003, 07:17 AM
From experience, I\'m telling you that nothing is WORN under the kilt. Everything is in PERFECT working order. &lt;g&gt;

BTW-- It\'s called \"dressing regimental.\" The no-undies, that is.

Holmes
10-01-2003, 11:13 AM
How was the wedding, Steve?

Holmes

Icarus
10-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Just a quickie, cuz I\'m heading out in about 3 mins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It was pretty damned cool - nice people, nice ceremony, nice meal, nice ceilidh afterwards!

I\'ll be more explicit tomorrow morning when I surface!

Steve

Elana
10-01-2003, 11:50 AM
How was the wedding, Steve?

Holmes

Holmes......please call him by his proper name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kari
10-01-2003, 11:55 AM
You spelled \"ceilidh\" correctly!

BTW- folks, it\'s pronounced KAY-lee

Holmes
10-01-2003, 12:05 PM

Holmes......please call him by his proper name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Ooh, sorry. Mama Cass, is it? Oh wait, that\'s right-- Ssssssst! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Okay, got it. (Sorry, Ssssssst!)

Holmes

CptKipling
10-02-2003, 07:31 AM
You spelled \"ceilidh\" correctly!

BTW-

folks, it\'s pronounced KAY-lee

He is actually from Scotland

you know...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kari
10-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Oh. Yeah.. there IS that!

You\'d think I\'d remember, since I\'m naming him. D-UH!

Icarus
10-02-2003, 08:54 AM
surfaced too late...

guh...

not now, but soon.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kari
10-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Yikes! Haggis!

Icarus
10-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Ah! At rest again (for

a couple hours at least) so I thought I\'d drop in on my fave bunch of CyberMiscreants and relate all the gory

(and not so gory) details of the wedding last Sunday...

Avoiding the almighty pheromone was certainly a wise move

- judging by what happened, adding any of these fine love-draughts may have made for an altogether overwhelming

maelstrom of misanthropy.

Not knowing anyone other than the groom and bride-to-be, I selected my date very

wisely; now would not be the time to unleash some of the females that I know and love upon these unsuspecting

fools.. Maia, the rather special little half-Japanese, half-English girl that I have know for some time.

Intelligent, funny, entirely sociable yet reasonably controlled. Perfect!

We arrived slightly after time, but we

knew that being fashionably late to a wedding would never upstage any self-respecting bride, who it seems is duty

bound to arrive at least 20-25 mins late. Is this to create fear in the Grooms heart?

The ceremony was fine.

Got looked at very closely by many of the guests (that had absolutely no idea who the foriegn-looking guy in the

kilt was, or his Cute Japanese looking partner) We just smiled sweetly and clapped when cued, laughed, joked and

\'aaaaaaw\'d when \'aaaaw\'ing was needed.

So the (very tasteful and genuinly heartwarming) ceremony was

over, and they were pronounced Man and Wife - thus did we file outside into the luuuvly botanical gardens where

champagne flowed like wine, and wine flowed like beer and beer flowed upwards due to the laws of physics being

altered by an angry Chimney-sweep midget. Perhaps not the last one, but you get the picture..

Introductions were

then made:
\"I\'m Blah-blah\"
\"Really! I\'ve heard so blah-blah, where blah from?\"
\"Oh, blah blah,

she blah and blah then blah beautiful ceremony\"
\"Blah! Blah! Lovely dress!\"
\"&lt;ahem&gt; it\'s a

kilt.\"

So, all of that out of the way, feeling more comfortable and as if amongst friends (which I sort of was,

now) we headed for the restaurant where a rather enjoyable vegetarian fair was served and consumed (amongst

alcoholip bevanines), speeches were given and glasses raises - susequently emptied.

Onto the ceilidh... Hoo

mamma. Things got a lot spicier here than I could have anticipated

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif after I tell you, you\'ll agree that pheromones could have only

made things so spicy, that you would have required some kind of asbestos coating to have withstood them..

To cut

an extended narrative down to peppered-bitesize chunks (cuz I\'ve already bored you and I\'ve got to start

getting myself set to go out) the following things happened...

1) A middle-aged lady grabbed me for a slow

dance, really just letting her hands go to town. Flattering /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
2)

A very pretty young girl (19) asked me if I wanted to go out and play \'hide and seek\' in the dark outside. A

little taken aback, I asked who else was involved in this game, to which she purred \"Just you and me...\" I

respectfully declined, saying that I\'d dance with her.
3) One of the bridesmaids (the brides daughter) grabbed

me round the waist and wouldn\'t let me go for about 5 minutes.
4) Maia, having been watching all of this with

amusement (and having been chatted-up by numerous misc \'uncles\' and such, came and grabbed me; \"Lets get you

out of here before something bad happens..\" (she can be quite..insistant!)

So I made my goodbyes and thank-yous

and left! Seems Maia wanted me whilst I still had enough energy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

All round, a great night! Mustn\'t grumble, eh?

(imagine

what would have happened if I\'d worn NPA/WAGG.. ye gads, I\'d like the film rights to that

\'un)

Peace

Steve (Sssssst)

\"Sssssst, Sssssst, whereforartthou Ssssssst?\"
\"I dunno dear,

it just sort of stuck\"