PDA

View Full Version : English parks are getting more interesting...

belgareth
09-27-2003, 07:05 AM
Sex with Strangers Dogging English Parks
Fri Sep 26, 8:17 AM ET

By Jason Hopps

LONDON (Reuters) - Voyeurs and exhibitionists drawn to outdoor fun have discovered erotic pleasures in normally placid English parks that have nothing to do with walking the dog.

\"Dogging,\" a term that loosely describes a variety of sex acts performed outdoors or in parked cars in front of strangers (and sometimes with them), has become such a craze that health authorities have warned against its dangers.

The term \"dogging\" apparently comes from those who claim only to be \"taking the dog for a walk\" -- but are actually on the prowl for something more.

Web sites have sprung up across Britain extolling the pleasures of sex under the stars and online message boards list the best parks and carparks to watch people express themselves.

An academic who set out to study anti-social behavior in parks and stumbled on a thriving dogging underworld said dangers were also lurking in the bushes.

\"The problem is people are leaving behind condoms, lubricants and sometimes clothing at family sites and causing cleaning headaches for groundspeople,\" Richard Byrne, a countryside management lecturer at Harper Adams College, told Reuters on Friday.

\"Prostitutes have been moving into some of these areas and I know of cases where some people have been attacked while dogging,\" he said.

Byrne said he surveyed park managers, rangers and wardens across England and found dogging sites existed in every English county -- hundreds are dotted across the country -- from the south coast to the Scottish border.

\"I soon realized that dogging was being driven by the Internet and was very widespread and that some doggers take it quite seriously, wearing camouflage and even keeping diaries of their experiences,\" he said.

FLASHING LIGHTS

Among the dozens of dogging Web sites, several offer tips on finding the best locations, how to meet people \"to dog\" with and how to signal you want to watch -- or be watched.

\"There\'s loads of signals that doggers use, the most common are flashing lights. Leaving the inside car light on means they want to be watched. If they wind down the window, this means they want to be fondled,\" one site advises.

Health authorities in southeast England posted warnings on dogging web sites after discovering several cases of sexually transmitted diseases linked to the outdoor pursuit. \"We noticed a more than usual number of notifications of Hepatitis B and when we were investigating we found that some of them were involved in the practice of having sex with strangers in open places,\" said Dr. Mathi Chandrakumar, head of the Kent Health Protection Unit.

\"We are not passing moral judgment, we are only giving advice about the dangers,\" he said.

While acknowledging doggers are a determined breed, Byrne said he had proposed several ways to prevent the behavior -- including more police patrols -- but he has already ruled out one remedy.

\"We thought better lighting in parks might prevent it but it actually allows to see what they\'re doing better,\" he said.

Elana
09-27-2003, 07:41 AM
anyone have a dog I can borrow?

CptKipling
09-27-2003, 08:10 AM
No but i have a perfectly good penis

Elana
09-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Oh, I know you do <drool>
Let\'s go walk a dog

CptKipling
09-27-2003, 08:30 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In all seriousness, this article is a bit silly, it makes it sound like there is a huge \"sex in parks\" problem. But it is shocking when you find a used condom in a playground tied to a swing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif yuck

CJ01
09-27-2003, 10:05 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
In all seriousness, this article is a bit silly, it makes it sound like there is a huge \"sex in parks\" problem.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> You mean there isnĀ“t? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

EXIT63
09-27-2003, 02:37 PM
I didn\'t know FTR went to England. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CptKipling
09-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Ok then put it to the vote! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh and by sex I\'m talking heavy kissing/heavy petting.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"pollname\" VALUE=\"1064941363CptKipling\">

Sex in parks! Have you?
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"1\" />HELL YEAH!
<input type=\"radio\" name=\"option\" value=\"2\" />No, I\'m a prude (please note that clicking on this does not make you a prude)
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE=\"Submit vote\" class=\"buttons\"></form>

p.s where did the phrase heavy petting come from? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

franki
09-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Sex in parks? No, thanks! Why else do I live on my own and not with my mom or with my dad anymore?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CptKipling
09-30-2003, 10:29 AM
No moments of raw, sexual tension whilst in a park? Here we tend to hang out a lot in parks anyway, so maybe that\'s what it is.

Mtnjim
09-30-2003, 10:36 AM
\"Oh and by sex I\'m talking heavy kissing/heavy petting.\"

I guess with those limits, I can\'t vote! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Whitehall
09-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Here in California, we have our beaches. they even named a drink after them - \"Sex on the Beach\"

We also have our mountains. Hike far away from civilization, build a roaring fire and have at it in the open air. I\'ve even done it on a rock in the middle of a small mountain lake. The only problem is that the altitude limits one\'s wind (pant, pant).

While I\'ve heard that England was very damp, it also must be very small and very crowded.....

Icarus
09-30-2003, 11:42 AM
Don\'t believe what you hear.

CptKipling
09-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Not especially crowded either, only in the cities (duh). The British countryside is B-E-A-utifull, and there\'s lots of it.

nonscents
10-01-2003, 06:11 AM
Here in New York City, the epicenter of depravity, I watched the so-called \"news\" this morning to learn that a couple had been charged with having sex in St. Patrick\'s Cathedral. The \"news\" was that the man just died.

So let this be a warning to all you forum members who were thinking of getting it on in the pews: the Almighty knows all and sees all, and she will punish those who engage in actions of generation in inappropriate places.

Holmes
10-01-2003, 06:27 AM
Here in New York City, the epicenter of depravity, I watched the so-called \"news\" this morning to learn that a couple had been charged with having sex in St. Patrick\'s Cathedral. The \"news\" was that the man just died.

So let this be a warning to all you forum members who were thinking of getting it on in the pews: the Almighty knows all and sees all, and she will punish those who engage in actions of generation in inappropriate places.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yeah, crazy story! And all for a radio show wouldya believe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Only in this great city of ours, eh?

Holmes

Elana
10-01-2003, 06:29 AM
Did any station ever rehire those DJ\'s?

Holmes
10-01-2003, 06:43 AM
Not to worry. They\'ll have their own publishing deals and clothing lines in no time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Holmes

Elana
10-01-2003, 06:55 AM
Not to worry. They\'ll have their own publishing deals and clothing lines in no time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Holmes

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Only in America /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kari
10-01-2003, 06:57 AM
When you write of God, don\'t forget to capitalize \"She.\" &lt;g&gt;

Kari
10-01-2003, 07:15 AM
The Pre-Christian Brits had a fine old tradition of suspending marriage vows in May. People would go off intot he woods with whomever, and engage in \"Greenwood Marriages.\" The offspring of these unions were said to have been begotten by Robin Hood, Will Scarlet, Little John, etc, and named Johnson, Robinson, Hodson, Hodgekins, Wilson, Jenkins, etc.

Judging by the numbers of people who bear those names, I would say that the Greenwood Mariages were very fruitful.