PDA

View Full Version : Smells that may overwhelm mones

platinumfox
09-22-2003, 05:17 PM
If you are in a smoke filled bar I wouldnt think that mones would work because the smell of cigarette(or whatever you might be smoking) is so overwhelming.But at least you know that the lady likes you for you because she cant sense the mones.

belgareth
09-22-2003, 05:27 PM
That\'s been discussed here several times before. Sensing mones and your sense of smell have little, if anything in common. Other than cigarette smoke containing some rone, smoke has no impact on pheromones. Do a search and you\'ll be able to read all about it.

skeptic
09-22-2003, 05:57 PM
What I\'d be more concerned about is that it could be difficult (keep in mind we\'re talking subconsciously here) for somebody to localize you as the source, especially if the air is getting mixed around a lot. You\'ll have to get CLOSE.

I don\'t like most bars or clubs or anything, so, eh. I need to work on weaseling my way close to women I like, though, regardless of where I am ;-)

belgareth
09-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Bars are not my favorite place to go either. Many of the hits I get are at professional gatherings or in client offices. I also spend some time in a local university library where I meet both young female students and professor level women. It\'s refreshing to be able to talk to them about something a little more interesting than football or hair color. It\'s fairly easy to get them talking about their research or their classes. The funny thing is that they seem to be far less defensive and more willing to chat which could lead to all sorts of other activities.

skeptic
09-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Yeah, in a setting like that it should be easier to localize you as the source of the stimulus, even if you have to maintain a respectful \"public distance\".

Irish
09-23-2003, 04:56 AM
M. McClintock\'s famous recent studies showed that, for at least one human phero, the effects on the brain and emotions are not affected by a cover smell. McClintock deliberately covered the phero smell with a strong clove scent, and the phero effect was still there.

CptKipling
09-23-2003, 09:02 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Yeah, in a setting like that it should be easier to localize you as the source of the stimulus, even if you have to maintain a respectful \"public distance\".

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

There has been some talk about this recently, and my experience is that it doesnt matter as long as you arent outside when its windy, when you have to very close to someone. But this shouldn\'t even be an issue (as you said) because you should be close to a woman you are targetting anyway.

Last weekend I was dancing in a club and this girl turned around and said, \"Ooh!\", then started grinding to me. Did she turn around because of my mix? I\'ll leave that up to you. Oh, and before she turned around she was dancing with someone else.