PDA

View Full Version : Plants and pheromones

CJ01
09-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Been wondering about this for ages. Does the use of pheros have any effect on plants that are in our homes?
What would happen, if at all, if one were to expose them regularly to certain type(s) mones?

Has anyone noticed any change in their houseplants since starting the use pheros? Like in the room where you play with the products the most or the room where they may be exposed to them on a regular basis when you´re wearing them?

CJ

skeptic
09-22-2003, 01:28 PM
My complete guess would be little to no effect. The quantities are small and plant \"hormones\" are WAY different from animal ones.

There could be plants that use steroid chemicals, there are such things as phytoestrogens. But amounts like .00001mg landing on their leaves from you hanging out in the room is unlikely to have an effect.

Mtnjim
09-22-2003, 02:43 PM
\"Has anyone noticed any change in their houseplants since starting the use pheros?\"

Well, I did notice my palm flipping its fronds more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

platinumfox
09-22-2003, 04:49 PM
\"My mones were on while I was sittng next to my Venus Flytrap and it tried to \"trap my fly\"

Brian
09-23-2003, 06:50 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
\"My mones were on while I was sittng next to my Venus Flytrap and it tried to \"trap my fly\"

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

If that happens, we may have to change the name from \"Venus Flytrap\" to \"Penis Flytrap\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ash
09-23-2003, 09:44 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
If that happens, we may have to change the name from \"Venus Flytrap\" to \"Penis Flytrap\"

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I could use some of that right now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ash