PDA

View Full Version : need advice from female

darkness
09-02-2003, 11:36 AM
http://www.menskincare.com/eyegel.html (\"http://www.menskincare.com/eyegel.html\")

Is this just a product that jcked up the price and advertised it as a men\'s thing? 28 bucks is a lot.

belgareth
09-02-2003, 11:54 AM
SOmebody once told me you can do the same thing with preperation H. Don\'t know about it myself.

Brian
09-02-2003, 12:13 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
SOmebody once told me you can do the same thing with preperation H. Don\'t know about it myself.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
The poor mans way to look better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I heard the same thing too. I\'ve also heard that prep. H burns when it is applied to the face, especially under the eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Brian

darkness
09-02-2003, 12:15 PM
i have used prep h. You can try witch hazel too, available in bottles, but also 50 percent of what is in the hemroid pads.

prep h makes your eyes look pretty big. lets just say the shark liver stuff that is in it isn\'t has soothing as chamomile. Then again, i don\'t want to pay 30 bucks for chamolmile! But if it works well, i will.

CJ01
09-02-2003, 12:16 PM
thanks for the link. Yes 28 is a lot, gives you a very rough idea of how much money us girls need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Are you gonna try it out? Please let us know how well it works if you do
CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
09-02-2003, 12:17 PM
what is prep H?

Mtnjim
09-02-2003, 01:06 PM
\"what is prep H?\"

Hemorrhoid cream /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

darkness
09-02-2003, 02:19 PM
i don\'t know. i looked for online reviews. of course it would work just as well for women as men.

i am probably going to hold off for now, but they have a concearler which is cheaper which you can put under you eyes to cover circles. problem is, i don;\'t know what shade to pick, and this stuff better be damn invisisble!!!!

Elana
09-02-2003, 03:35 PM
What\'s the problem darkness? Are you really fair skinned and you have dark circles under your eyes? If that is the case, you really should consider some sunless tanner on your face and neck. With a \"tan\" you won\'t even notice the circles.

Andy
09-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Don\'t use concealer for circles, the circles will just change the color and make you look like a tired circus clown. The best two circle and small winkle reduction agents for men I found are the ones from Nickel and Menaji. Nickel stuff is much more expensive and at least the eye agent isn\'t as good as the one from Menaji (But they have lots of very good \"rescue\" stuff). Some people get that nasty blue shade below the eyes (not the usual shadow). In that case some HPDV (Anti Shine Powder from Menaji) might work wonders.
Btw, why are you asking the ladies about men\'s skin care products ?!?!

@Elana
Gettin\' a tan is a really good idea. But no tan in the world will improve the look of your eyes after a real party /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .. Ah yes .. sex helps somehow, I am not sure if it\'s caused by the increased bloodflow, but it helps.

darkness
09-02-2003, 03:44 PM
i don\'t really have dark skin under the eyes. sometimes just veins, but i take herbs to strengthen my viens and circulatory system, so they don\'t show through anymore (only occurs when capilaries burst).

i have used tanner, and the darkness winds up make me look like i have dark circles under my eyes for some reason.

sometimes i get bags or puffiness rather if i have not gotten good sleep. there was one particular eye firmer that i used that was so good. i only have used nivea besides that, and that was no good.

some people think i am italian or even latin, but i don\'t think i have dark skin at all. i think i am pretty light. it is wierd, mirrors and lightening make it hard for me to tell my skin tone. on one hand someone tells you that you are latin, on the other hand, i have been told i am white.

Holmes
09-02-2003, 03:50 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Don\'t use concealer for circles, the circles will just change the color and make you look like a tired circus clown.

LOL. Andy, which Nickel product is it? I\'ve got this one called \"Attention Les Yeux\" (yo, I think that\'s like French and sh!t). It hasn\'t worked that well as a circle diminisher.

What is this Menaji stuff?

I second not using concealer. Horrible things happen when ya do...

Holmes

metroman
09-02-2003, 04:03 PM
It was some super model somewhere that gave the prep h tip. So silly me I believed her &amp; went out bought some, tried some &amp; guess what it doesn\'t work at all.

$28 is alot but worth it if it works &amp; makes a noticeable difference. I would get some if I knew it worked. Too bad they dont do free samples or sell small size samples.

Probably the best thing to do is get adequate rest but why waste the night time sleeping when you could be having sex.

Andy
09-02-2003, 04:07 PM
@Holmes
Yup, \"Attention Les Yeux\" is the eye agent from Nickel. It helps a little ... and I mean little. I bought it some time ago and use it only to overcome the \"just woken up\" look of the eyes. Pretty much useless for real circles.

Menaji is the label of Menskincare.

@Darkness
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
some people think i am italian or even latin, but i don\'t think i have dark skin at all. i think i am pretty light. it is wierd, mirrors and lightening make it hard for me to tell my skin tone. on one hand someone tells you that you are latin, on the other hand, i have been told i am white.

It\'s really hard to tell your own skin tone. I always think I am quite pale without sun, but everybody keeps tellin\' me \"have you been tanning today\" and such stuff. The only way to judge your skin tone correctly is with a color-chart.

elvido
09-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Who was the marketing genious who decided to call it 911? They really should change it. Anywho, I might give it a shot.

Andy
09-04-2003, 01:07 AM
Why should they change it ?

Sagacious1420
09-04-2003, 04:05 AM
Would changing the number make it more useless? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sorry. I meant useful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

darkness
09-04-2003, 04:09 AM
i think if you have puffy eyes in the morning, it is a break glass in case of emergency (911) type deal.

Andy
09-04-2003, 08:22 AM
.. yup ... but the gel reacts much quicker than 911 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Holmes
09-14-2003, 09:24 AM
Hey Andy,

Just bought some 911 off the Menaji site, but I also noticed that they have their own concealer, as well. Have you tried that one? (Is it as crappy as other concealers?)

Holmes