PDA

View Full Version : WHAT DO YOU THINK?

MOBLEYC57
08-29-2003, 04:40 PM
Madonna kissing Britney /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif: Was it planned before the show to be the talk of the show and press coverage? Or have those two endulged in each others nectar before the show/or made plans to endulged in each others nectar after the show?

Sorry, don\'t know how to set up the poll. Sue me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Elana
08-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Planned....I did it too when I danced. It turned you dumbasses on like nothing else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You should know this. Weren\'t you a dancer too?

Nothing happened after the show.....sorry to ruin the fantasy. You guys are so silly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes
08-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Hey Mobley,

How about...*drum roll*...\"All Of The Above?\" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Holmes

Andy
08-29-2003, 04:58 PM
I don\'t think I would have kissed a man to please the audience ..... *shiver*

MOBLEYC57
08-29-2003, 07:52 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Planned....I did it too when I danced. It turned you dumbasses on like nothing else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You should know this. Weren\'t you a dancer too?

Nothing happened after the show.....sorry to ruin the fantasy. You guys are so silly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

A woman kissing a woman\'s not my turn on thank you very much!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Annnd by the way, that also turns a lot of women on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I\'d rather had been in either one\'s place! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I danced, but I never kissed a man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I figure it was a set up for the pub, but you never know!! Anywho, just wanted to know what me family thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hey Andy! I\'m on your team!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Evening folks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

HEIDI
08-30-2003, 12:05 AM
Didn`t watch it, but I heared Madonna kissed with Christina Aguilera as well?

Is that true?

Andy
08-30-2003, 01:11 AM
Celebrity orgy ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

franki
08-30-2003, 01:19 AM
Just a little kiss and everyone talks about it all night (on another forum that is) ... jeez .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It was obviously just a part of the performance like you can see performed by gogo\'s/strippers everyday in clubs and strip joints... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CJ01
08-30-2003, 01:30 AM
It was my idea I told them to do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mobley, you don´t think 2 women snogging is a turn on? But you´re straight right? Anyway it was planned - little Britney wouldn´t have handled it otherwise, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ01
08-30-2003, 01:32 AM
Elena - I´m impressed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Andy
08-30-2003, 01:43 AM
Oh my ... \"little Britney\" ???? She\'s an Angel with a well hidden tail and two well hidden little horns.

franki
08-30-2003, 01:47 AM
Elena - I´m impressed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ, it is Elana... You keep writing Elena.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Andy
08-30-2003, 01:57 AM
Haven\'t you seen where one wrong letter might get ya ? Read the skink thread ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJ01
08-30-2003, 02:11 AM
CJ, it is Elana... You keep writing Elena..

I like that name though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif No you´re right I never really looked, maybe it´s that colour? But if it makes you feel better I will write aaaaaaaaaaaaaa from now on? I guess I should /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Think ElEna is sexy though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
08-30-2003, 05:29 AM
Mobley....I realize that you didn\'t kiss other men when you were a dancer. What I meant was....you know the tricks of the business, and while it may not turn YOU on, it does turn the majority of you whacky men on. Just for the record....it does NOTHING for me. It\'s all about the men! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
08-30-2003, 05:32 AM
I wrote a little song for you, CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You say Elena, I say Elana
You say tomato, I say tamato
Elena, Elana, tomato, tamoto
Let\'s call the whole thing off

CJ01
08-30-2003, 10:24 AM
Very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Someone could have corrected me before though, I mean how long has it been? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Whitehall
08-30-2003, 11:56 AM
There was a photo of that kiss in our newspaper. My 7 y/o daughter, who loves Britney\'s music, saw it and asked me this morning,

\"Daddy, did you know that Britney was a lesbian?\"

This queer stuff as gotten out of hand and gone too far. I\'m rather tolerant of other people but rubbing my children\'s noses in homosexuality and holding it up as the cool way to act threatens my investment in my children. Our goal as parents is the propagation of the species, especially our own genes. Inducing the young to homosexuality is so destructive of our society.

CJ01
08-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Whitehall, aren´t you proud of the fact that your daughter is so relaxed about this whole `gay thing´? Not to mention that she checks the newspaper, I didn´t when I was that age. I do understand you´re concerned though as a parent. Mind you kids today grow up differently than 5,10, let alone 20 or 30 year ago. They´re way ahead in such things, one reason being that society (thank heavens) has become much more open again.

Our goal as parents is the propagation of the species, especially our own genes. Inducing the young to homosexuality is so destructive of our society.

Are you serious? Parents are meant to get their kids to reproduce to preserve our species? I really don´t follow on that one.
What parents, in my view, ought to do is teach their kids right from wrong, become confident and teach them to solve problmes etc. There´s no way you can tell them who they will be attracted to -the opposite or their own sex, or both. And no parent has the right to judge either.

Your daughter, for instance, will not end up becoming a lesbian just because of this, trust me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But she´ll probably grow up to be open minded and not being as offended and awkward as people in the past.
I honestly don´t think this photo is inducing homosexuality nor is it destructive to society. And don´t tell me you don´t like the idea of two women being affectionate with each other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .
Sounds to me like your little girl is just gonna be a cool woman. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unless you start programming her that homosexuality is `destructive´.

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Whitehall
08-30-2003, 04:30 PM
I honestly don´t think this photo is inducing homosexuality nor is it destructive to society

Your opinion but then you don\'t bear the responsibilities of being a parent.

I have no interest in such sexual options being broadcast as permissible, acceptable, or desirable, especially by public characters that I know my daughter looks up to (Spears.)

I\'ve never dismissed you personal sexual choices, CJ - I think you have a right to do whatever you want in your bedroom. However, I do find that you repeatedly express yourself as frustrated and aggrevied - even depressed at times. You don\'t come across as a happy person. I don\'t want that for my daughter.

However, I insist that it is my right to voice disapproval of such flagrant public behavior since it does have influences throughout our culture. Frankly, I would be greatly disappointed, even angry, to find any of my children adopting a homosexual lifestyle. In this I am perfectly justified.

MOBLEYC57
08-30-2003, 05:14 PM
It was my idea I told them to do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mobley, you don´t think 2 women snogging is a turn on? But you´re straight right? Anyway it was planned - little Britney wouldn´t have handled it otherwise, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It use to be a turn on until I got in the middle. Then it became normal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Don\'t get me wrong, if everybody was given the chance of getting betweenst the two, or watching them, or getting hit by a bus...I know what line I\'m gonna be in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif That loooooooooooooooong line! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And yes, straight as an arrow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I had a girl friend that \"\"told\"\" me that I fantasized about a man before...I told her she was smoooooking crack! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif And no, it\'s not that I don\'t want to admit it either...it AIN\'T happening! Period. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Annnnd there are a lot of women wanting to be like Madonna, but don\'t have the balls, or hide it in shame. Maybe Britney has been wanting to get done by the Wild and unashamed...Madonna. I\'d be her Huckleberry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Whatever!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Elana
08-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Mobley....just come clean. You are amongst friends here. Just admit that you are craving the big sausage. We will love you just the same. Don\'t you know that all men are bi? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

:::as FTR reads this and spits out her coffee:::: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MOBLEYC57
08-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Mobley....just come clean. You are amongst friends here. Just admit that you are craving the big sausage. We will love you just the same. Don\'t you know that all men are bi? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif :::as FTR reads this and spits out her coffee:::: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Oh helllll no! Wait! Okay! You\'re talking mild country sausage right? Goes well with grits, eggs, and toast. You\'re probably right about all men being bi...except me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I\'m bi-lingual...I\'ve licked in more than one country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, and that tis it!

How dare you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I can\'t believe it! You didn\'t go there! FTR is not a spitter!!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Come on! Tell the truth, shame the devil!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif FTR! You reading this honey!???? Say it ain\'t so!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif {{{SMOOCH}}}

belgareth
08-31-2003, 03:57 AM
There was a photo of that kiss in our newspaper. My 7 y/o daughter, who loves Britney\'s music, saw it and asked me this morning,

\"Daddy, did you know that Britney was a lesbian?\"

This queer stuff as gotten out of hand and gone too far. I\'m rather tolerant of other people but rubbing my children\'s noses in homosexuality and holding it up as the cool way to act threatens my investment in my children. Our goal as parents is the propagation of the species, especially our own genes. Inducing the young to homosexuality is so destructive of our society.

Our goal as parents is to raise our children to be happy, productive people who are content with what they are regardles of any orientation. Curiosity and experimentation are perfectly normal, the same as masturbation is. Our society tried for years to stop that too, resulting in all sorts of weird hang ups.

When my daughters asked about homosexuality, we had a few long talks about it. My kids are regularly exposed to several gay couples who are close family friends. Did that make them gay? Not at all. Since being gay is most likely a natural tendency, not a choice, it is no different than teaching them that it is ok to be asian, black or caucasion. It did give them a better understanding of different lifestyles and hopefully made them more tolerant and accepting of another normal, natural difference in the human species.

We as parents have an obligation to teach our children understanding and tolerance, not encourage another form of bigotry. Understanding others is what is going to help end all the hatred and killing going on all around us, failing to teach that understanding only perpetuates the problem. You cannot legislate morality any more than you can change a country\'s politics and religion by invading and occupying it. It\'s a fantasy that has been demonstarted to be a failure many thousands of times.

CJ01
08-31-2003, 07:15 AM
I\'ve never dismissed you personal sexual choices, CJ - I think you have a right to do whatever you want in your bedroom. However, I do find that you repeatedly express yourself as frustrated and aggrevied - even depressed at times. You don\'t come across as a happy person. I don\'t want that for my daughter.

You don´t mind the fact that I´m straight, very nice of you.

When do I come across as frustrated? What annoys me is the sh*t I get from people on this forum for no reason. I AM fed up with getting insulted YES! But that´s nothing to do with this issue here.
(This has been discussed in one or two other threads so I´m not gonna repeat myself here)
You have obviously got a totally wrong impression of me !!! You´re just jumping to conclusions or simply misinterpreting everything I´ve written and taking it in a ngegative way but that says more about you than me.

The ones who ARE indeed frustrated are the guys here who moan that they can´t get laid even when they use pheros - I have never whined about not getting laid because I don´t have this `problem´.

All this aside how on earth does this relate with your daughter????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Why don´t you tell us how you responded to your daughters question instead of talking such crap about ME?

Maybe FTR did the right thing when she left. I am getting to that stage again myself.

I think I better stop here, just in case.

CJ

Holmes
08-31-2003, 07:29 AM
I had a girl friend that \"\"told\"\" me that I fantasized about a man before...I told her she was smoooooking crack! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LMAO. Holy sh!t, that is classic.

Holmes

MOBLEYC57
08-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Maybe FTR did the right thing when she left. I am getting to that stage again myself.

I think I better stop here, just in case.

CJ

Awh hellllll nawh!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif FTR did NOT do the right thang! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif How could the right thing include breaking me heart and leaving me here all alone!? You\'re gonna turn your back on family and friends because of another\'s idea that travels a different road, annnnd leave me too!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif How could that possibly be the right thang? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

If you must go, you must go, but before you do, Prince has a song I\'d like to sing to you. A one! A two! A one! two! three! four!

I\'m not your lover
I\'m not your man
Don\'t get mad cause the forum doesn\'t understand
I\'ll be there for you, in times of blue
When you\'re feeling down, Mobley\'ll get you through
You! (CJ)
I will die for you!
And strip if you want me too!
You! (CJ)
I would die for you!
If you leave me, I\'m gonna be feeling blue!
You! (CJ)
I would die for you!

Oh! Here\'s a sentence from another (not Prince)...

If you leave me now
You\'re gonna take away the best part of meeeeeeeee
Ooooooo ooooooooo oooooooo ooooooo baby, please don\'t gooo

??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ???

Whitehall
08-31-2003, 10:44 AM
My responsibilities to my family included voicing my disapproval of public glorification of homosexuality. I come to this position not via \"bigotry\" but thoughtful consideration of my family\'s future happiness. That\'s based on observation and comtemplation of the world and a knowledge of biology. The current media kick is destructive to society and I will oppose it and criticize it whenever it becomes a voluntary topic of conversation.

That said, I am tolerant of what people decide to do privately and consenually, so long as it doesn\'t spread disease. However, the local newspaper ran a big color photograph of the Spears/Madonna kiss on the leading page of a section of the paper, as \"coverage\" of a commercial media event (MTV awards.) This conflicts with the moral upbringing of my daughters.

Perhaps, CJ, I did confuse you with someone else. If so, my apologies.

As to what I told my daughter, I said that they were probably just trying to get everyone\'s attention by acting naughty in public. True ladies, women of worth and self-esteem, don\'t do such things. As she\'s only 7, we\'ll be talking more about sex later, but I guess I had better start soon. And yes, it will include why homosexuality and promiscuity are bad ideas.

As to a refutation of the \"cosmopolitan\" argument of the \"every thing is OK\" school, read this article:

http://www.policyreview.org/apr03/harris.html (\"http://www.policyreview.org/apr03/harris.html\")

Holmes
08-31-2003, 10:54 AM
I personally found the Britney/Madonna kiss despicable! (The Christina/Madonna kiss was okay, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Holmes

Whitehall
08-31-2003, 01:09 PM
OK Holmes and CJ et al, I\'ll lighten up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tallmacky
08-31-2003, 03:44 PM
It\'s arguable that Madonna has some talent, but for the most part she has kept her career afloat by shocking the sensitive public. People like Madonna and Michael Jackson though it may not see so on the outside are very career oriented and will exploit soceities taboos in doing so. Britney herself like all \"teen idols\" has a conservative following and of course like a young at heart young adult she has the want to break this conception for some reason (\"you don\'t know me I\'m bad\"), oh and no she is not very talented at all./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Humans are instinctual animals outside the pressures of society that is. So I think it is pretty ridiculous for you to think your daughter is going to see homosexuality as attractive (not sure if you are saying that). If your daughter is straight then she will have an instinctual want for men, people are born gay you can\'t craft them into being a lesbian (unless you send them to jail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif). Is your favorite color green? I really can\'t make you not like it. What no exposure? I think we have to understand and have empathy for everyone\'s position what if you were gay? Wouldn\'t it be easier if people were a bit more accepting?

I understand all of the sexual stuff, Christina Aguilcantspellitcrewit says \"I am just being myself\". That\'s B/S, but hey times change and it looks like for the better, I doubt people now are as unhappy as many probably were in the repressive 1950\'s. Zealist of all kinds always speak of evertying going down the gutter but surprisingly nothing drastic or threatening occurs......nuclear wars are a worry not a woman kissing another.

tallmacky
08-31-2003, 03:46 PM
oooops didn\'t want to start up another debate....belgareth always has it perfect should have read the full thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
08-31-2003, 04:05 PM
It\'s a touchy area to get into, isn\'t it, this who-has -\"talent\"-vs.-who-just-plain-sucks business? Well, say what you want about Britney, just as long as you leave my Barbra alone ! Buttah, I tell you, BUTTAHHH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Holmes

darkness
08-31-2003, 04:54 PM
if any of you guys have watched the VH1 spcials (Made?) on these people, it is amazing their determination.

you gain a whole new respect for these people and understand why they because the idols of america, rather than so many other of their competitors working on their careers.

their sacrifice and worth ethic is mind bogling. they arent there by accident. i give them nothing but respect.
and
okay,they tried to be cool with the kiss, but females are always taking male things and making them theirs, because masculinity is considering \"cool.\" not really the type i go for, but they certainly are not alone in wanting to be cool.

it\'s trying a little to hard in my opinion, though i can respect elana and her coworkers doing it to manipulate guys. that is something different. that;s not about acceptance, it is about working the game.

Holmes
08-31-2003, 05:30 PM
they arent there by accident.

That\'s what I was getting at, yes (albeit jokingly.) True, talent and drive are two different animals entirely, but a fair degree of each is generally requisite to achieving that kind of success...no? It ain\'t just luck.

Holmes

tallmacky
08-31-2003, 05:45 PM
I know they aren\'t there merely by luck, but they are usually not there on talent alone is what I was trying to say. Often a well off and supporting family with connections will help tons, along with knowing how to play the hollywood game. Madonna most likely would not be able to stick around 22 years if she was not constantly evolving her look and shocking people. When I speak of talent I am speaking of an artist that writes his/her own songs and for the most part are themselves. Modern day pop-stars have make-up artist, hair stylist, fashion stylist, health/muscle fitness coach, song writers, producers of music (many artist just get in the booth and sing that\'s it), body guards, consultants and etc... So basically nowadays it is purely image it seems.....that\'s what I meant Christina Aguilera has a nice voice...but can she write her own song? A lot of women have nice voices. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I agree talent is needed, but it seems to be not as noticible or previlent anymore, maybe the cause is the move from just hearsay and Radio to TV, Movies, Magazines, Internet etc...

PS. See the movie Crossroads? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Anna Kournikova talented?

Holmes
08-31-2003, 06:38 PM
Points well taken, Tallmacky. I do see what you\'re saying.

I know they aren\'t there merely by luck, but they are usually not there on talent alone is what I was trying to say.

I totally agree. That\'s kind of what I was trying to say, too. BTW, I\'m not really even sticking up for Madonna, either, musically speaking, because it is my opinion that her music jumped the shark somewhere back around \"Like A Prayer.\" And I\'m generally not a fan of \"manufactured\" pop divas who can\'t write their own material. (Give me India.Arie over Mariah or Christina any day of the week...please!) I was just pointing out that there is probably more (if only slightly) talent therein than we might care to admit.

\"So basically nowadays it is purely image it seems\"

Well, that\'s precisely why I find the concept of \"American Idol\" so confounding and infuriating. Yes, you have to have a voice, but it\'s more about image and charisma--the \"It\" factor. Point is, yes, all those Justins and Kellys
have musical ability, but it\'s so overshadowed by image details that we kind of forget about any spark of true artistry (and what it took to hone it) that may exist. At least I do.

Holmes

Holmes
08-31-2003, 06:45 PM
PS. See the movie Crossroads? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh gawd, you had me for a minute. For a second, I was thinking of that old movie with Steve Vai as the devil\'s guitarist. But then I remembered...Britney! Ugh.

Holmes

Holmes
09-01-2003, 09:30 AM
BTW...</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

http://www.policyreview.org/apr03/harris.html (\"http://www.policyreview.org/apr03/harris.html\")

Very interesting indeed, Whitehall.

Holmes

belgareth
09-02-2003, 06:38 AM
My responsibilities to my family included voicing my disapproval of public glorification of homosexuality. I come to this position not via \"bigotry\" but thoughtful consideration of my family\'s future happiness. That\'s based on observation and comtemplation of the world and a knowledge of biology. The current media kick is destructive to society and I will oppose it and criticize it whenever it becomes a voluntary topic of conversation.

Doesn\'t your responsibility also include helping your kids accept that they are what they are? What if one or more of your children discover a preference for the same sex, how much guilt are they going to have from your teachings?

While biology is not my specialty, I do know that homosexual behavoir occurs in virtually all animal species. So, to what knowledge of biology do you refer?

I also question your non-specific statement that it is damaging to society. How can acceptance of a natural tendency be worse than supression of it?