PDA

View Full Version : Can someone answer this...EXCLUDING SRH?

Elana
08-28-2003, 06:06 PM
What is a skink?

Sexyredhead
08-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Check your PM\'s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

--NOT SRH

Elana
08-28-2003, 06:19 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I LOVE THEM!
Skinks are mighty cute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I want to own one or two.

Anyone else know what a skink is without looking it up? I had never heard of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Elana
08-28-2003, 06:20 PM
I want a pet skink named Leonard

Sexyredhead
08-28-2003, 07:05 PM
They\'re cute little suckers. Hence the tatoo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

They\'re quick though--and their tails pop off if you grab them.

I\'m surprised you don\'t have them running all over your yard.

Skyy
08-28-2003, 07:59 PM
I used to have 3..

When iu was younger I choose reptiles as pets since i was allergic to all animals with fur..

I had quite a collection of other rare and priceless lizards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lemme guess, you like the tiny legs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sagacious1420
08-29-2003, 01:20 AM
Personally, I like the Blue Tongues.

Sagacious1420
08-29-2003, 01:23 AM
Btw SRH-

I love the fact that you were the 1st to respond. Good show! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EXIT63
08-29-2003, 03:17 AM
You live in Florida and you don\'t know what a skink is!?

SHEESHH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sexyredhead
08-29-2003, 04:07 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Btw SRH-

I love the fact that you were the 1st to respond. Good show! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Well, it seems I was the only one around at the time last night who knew what they were. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
08-29-2003, 04:57 AM
You live in Florida and you don\'t know what a skink is!?

SHEESHH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">I have never seen or heard of a skink, but they are my new favorite reptile and I want to own several of them. I am not crazy about the tail breaking off part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EXIT63
08-29-2003, 04:58 AM
Don\'t let them get away...cause you\'ll never catch them...They\'re really quick.

Elana
08-29-2003, 05:00 AM
I\'ll just get male skinks and they will never want to leave me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EXIT63
08-29-2003, 05:01 AM
You\'ve never seen a lizard with 4 or 5 stripes on his back (longways) moving at high speed across your patio? That\'s a skink.

Elana
08-29-2003, 05:03 AM
You\'ve never seen a lizard with 4 or 5 stripes on his back (longways) moving at high speed across your patio? That\'s a skink.

Don\'t make me shout..... I have never seen a skink! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sexyredhead
08-29-2003, 05:17 AM
You have to remember, Exit, that Elana is so above the rest of us that it\'s generally too much trouble for her to look down and acknowledge the little creatures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don\'t worry about the tails breaking off--they grow back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Elana
08-29-2003, 05:21 AM
You have to remember, Exit, that Elana is so above the rest of us that it\'s generally too much trouble for her to look down and acknowledge the little creatures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don\'t worry about the tails breaking off--they grow back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

While this may be true........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I do love lizards. Lizards are all over my back yard, front yard, atriums and inside my house. I love lizards. If I can\'t catch them when they are inside, I wish them a warm welcome as they scamper away and tell them to make themselves comfortable and to eat any ants they may run across. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
08-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Just tell me, I´m not from Florida

Sexyredhead
08-29-2003, 08:54 AM
The skink:

http://www.eoni.com/~neener/skinks.html (\"http://www.eoni.com/~neener/skinks.html\")

CJ01
08-29-2003, 09:20 AM
thanks, but what have they got to do with anyone´s sex life?

I want one btw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Andy
08-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Maybe fresh skink juice is kinda aphrodisiac ?!?! .. anyone ?
I think I\'ll put one in the juicer next time I am in FL.

Elana
08-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Cut it out, Andy!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
There will be no juicing of skinks!

Mtnjim
08-29-2003, 01:23 PM
\"Cut it out, Andy!!!!!!!!!
There will be no juicing of skinks!\"

YA! You are supposed to milk them!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Elana
08-29-2003, 01:28 PM
YA! You are supposed to milk them!!

Show of hands.....who else got the vision in their heads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sagacious1420
08-29-2003, 02:39 PM
YA! You are supposed to milk them!!

Show of hands.....who else got the vision in their heads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[raising hand]

Now if I could only get the vision out of my head! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Andy
08-29-2003, 03:54 PM
Nonono Mtnjim, you got it all wrong. Elana is supposed to milk me until I forget about juicing skinks the next time I am in FL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I tried it with skunks before .. see where one wrong letter gets ya ? What a mess. This stinky fur soup smelled and looked really baaaaaad ... and it tasted even worse. But it was kinda aphrodisiac too ... it got me horny like hell. Well I am not really sure if it was the direct effect of the skunk juice, or the fact that no girl came closer than 10ft for about a month and I didn\'t dare to wank off for the same time because I was afraid to breathe more than absolutely neccessary to keep my vital functions up.

Elana
08-30-2003, 05:39 AM
OK...Andy.....I wrote a little song for you....

You say Skunk, I say Skink
You say potato, I say patato
Skunk, Skink, Potato, Patato
Let\'s call the whole thing off

Andy
08-30-2003, 07:27 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wrote a little song for you too.

Honey, honey, honey,
don\'t want your money
I just want your ass.

Honey, honey, honey
it\'s just so funny
in a rich ....

hey ... sound\'s familiar somehow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, let\'s back to topic.

Do you like snakes too Elana ?

Elana
08-30-2003, 07:54 AM
I love snakes! Love all reptiles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great song BTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ01
08-30-2003, 10:26 AM
I love snakes! Love all reptiles

Me too, I guess that´s why I used to date them occasionally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

druid
08-31-2003, 08:34 PM
I live in south florida and I didn\'t know what a skink was until I clicked that link. never saw one in person though. Maybe all the big f-cking geckos in my backyard and neighboorhodd ate them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Andy
08-31-2003, 08:43 PM
My first skink almost gave me a heart attack. I\'ve been tanning in the front yard and haven\'t moved for about half an hour. The first thing I\'ve seen after I opened my eyes was a skink on my shoe. Whoa ... a snake ... a snake ... keep calm .. huh? .. a snake with legs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
09-01-2003, 05:09 AM
Whoa ... a snake ... a snake ... keep calm .. huh? .. a snake with legs?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thank you Druid for confirming that we don\'t have Skinks in S. Florida /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

druid
09-01-2003, 09:59 AM
I never seen one here. But I think someone futher up said that they saw them in Virgina? Well then it might be too warm/humid down here for em.

upsidedown
09-01-2003, 11:55 AM
I love snakes! Love all reptiles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I\'ll bet you just love the Geico gecko then eh?

Mtnjim
09-02-2003, 09:01 AM
\"Maybe all the big f-cking geckos in my backyard and neighboorhodd ate them!\"

I used to live in Homestead...must have been the \'gaters that ate them there!

druid
09-02-2003, 02:42 PM
yeah In homestead u gotta watch were u step or u might be walking on a gator! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elana
09-02-2003, 03:29 PM
I\'ll bet you just love the Geico gecko then eh?

He has a great ass

tallmacky
09-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Didn\'t know he had one.....presumed he just had a connection of the legs and an anus.

Elana
09-11-2003, 04:58 AM
I didn\'t want to start a new thread to ask this question but, I am kind of freaking out. I recently moved to a new house and I have been getting visits from several different creatures. A black snake just slithered by me in my front yard. It was all black and rather long. Is there any way for me to find out if it is poisonous with just that description.

BassMan
09-11-2003, 05:08 AM
Far as I remember, there are no poisonous all-black snakes in America.

Bass

Elana
09-11-2003, 05:09 AM
Thank G-d! Thank you so much

belgareth
09-11-2003, 05:25 AM
Three suggestions:
1. Check with the local department of agriculture, they should be in the phone book and can usually either answer or at least point you in the right direction.
2. Call animal control and ask them. They are usually familar with local critters.
3. Call the biology department at the l0ocal college or university and ask to talk to a herpatologist &lt;sp?&gt;.

Most snakes are pretty shy and poisonous or not would really prefer to be left alone and will avoid people. However, most of the southern states have water mocs and they are dangerous.

franki
09-11-2003, 05:40 AM
Elana, if I were you I would be more afraid of this:

Hurricane PacMan (\"http://xvoodoo.com/gfy/pacman.gif\") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Elana
09-11-2003, 05:42 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yikes!

BassMan
09-11-2003, 05:44 AM
Here\'s a leaflet of poisonous critters in Florida:

http://pediatrics.med.miami.edu/FPIC/critters/critters.html (\"http://pediatrics.med.miami.edu/FPIC/critters/critters.html\")

EXIT63
09-11-2003, 06:19 AM
I didn\'t want to start a new thread to ask this question but, I am kind of freaking out. I recently moved to a new house and I have been getting visits from several different creatures. A black snake just slithered by me in my front yard. It was all black and rather long. Is there any way for me to find out if it is poisonous with just that description.

Welcome to Florida. Most of the snakes you will encounter are harmless. BUT.......

The snake you saw was probably a Black Racer (blacksnake for short).Was he thin or thick? No, they are not poisonous. But they are high strung so unless you keep snakes for a hobby, I wouldn\'t mess with him. If you step on him or corner him, he will bite you. Like I said he is NOT poisonous so you don\'t have to worry. He\'s more afraid of you than you are of him.

Remember, snakes perform a valuable function in nature. So don\'t go around killing them. That\'s just ignorant.

But you do have to stay on your toes.

The sakes you are most likely to encounter are:
Non-poisonous:
Garter snake
Ribbon snake (also a garter, this is the most common snake you will encounter. He is also the most harmless)
Black Racer (see above)
King Snake (the coolest)
Banded water snake (Pretty nasty but non-poisonous)
The Rat snakes: (all harmless)
Red Rat snake (also know as the corn snake)
Black Rat Snake
Yellow Rat snake
etc

Poisonous: Pit-Vipers:
Water Moccassin (Cottonmouth) (very poisonous and very common) They keep people on their toes.
Copperhead (similar to cottonmouth)
Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake (world largest rattlesnake, Can grow to 9 feet).
Pygmie Rattlesnake (very small, you won\'t see him til it\'s to late.)
Canebrake Rattlesnake (slightly rarer)
There\'s one more but I can\'t remember what it is.

Also the coral snake. Not a pit viper. The coral snake is related to the cobra. His venom is neuro toxic. It goes straight to your nervous system. They are not aggressive.

There is a kingsnake with very similar markings to the coral snake.
Just remember: Red on black-can\'t do jack.
Red on yellow-kill a fellow.
Or something like that.

Anyway, I recommend a little education. The field guide to snakes or a similar publication. Someone dieing from a snake bite in Fl. is very rare. But if you get bit by a poisonous snake, you\'d better get your ass to a hospital.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

EXIT63
09-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Here\'s a leaflet of poisonous critters in Florida:

http://pediatrics.med.miami.edu/FPIC/critters/critters.html (\"http://pediatrics.med.miami.edu/FPIC/critters/critters.html\")

Geez, they coulda put some real pictures on there.

druid
09-11-2003, 09:32 AM
I would have thought that elana would LIKE snakes, you know considering the shape of them. Especially the thick ones, because we all know girth is the most important factor in determing a snakes abilty to do things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elana
09-11-2003, 10:11 AM
I wasn\'t at all impressed with his girth, but in length....yeah baby! That snake had it going on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

druid
09-11-2003, 11:49 AM
I knew it, your a snake-queen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif