PDA

View Full Version : Aftershaves, EDT's, when to wear, and how much?

Prometheus
08-23-2003, 05:31 PM
I never was much into colonges. I always thought that a guy who was to overly concerned with his odor (so long as he didn\'t reek) was a bit femminine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif A couple months ago after discovering l-s the l-s forum and links off of the l-s forum to sites about meeting women, it seemed that guys who wore a great scent had an advantage with women over guys who wore no scent at all (which is most guys). So to hell with femininity, screw the ego; what\'s more masculine than attracting women? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And so I ordered a small collection of pheromone scents from l-s. (AE, SOE, TE, NPA) After doing a search on this and other site for good colognes, I also picked up some Acqua de Gio, Drakkar Noir, PI, and Coolwater. In addition I also have some BRUT aftershave (from ten yrs. ago).

So this is what I\'ve been wondering. Most men\'s colognes are sold as EDT\'s. For and effective pheromone mix
(i.e NPA) you want to mix the NPA in the correct ratio with the cologne. If you ad to much NPA, you risk a pheromone OD (which seems to be of great concern on this forum) If you have too little NPA in the cologne, you have to add lots of cologne to apply and effective quantity of NPA. This means ODing on the cologne. Since I can smell cologne quite strongly, and only get the faint odor of ethanol when I inhale over a bottle of NPA, I would think that ODing on cologne would be bad too. But really this seems subjective. How much is too much cologne? You really don\'t want to walk around smelling like you had a tragic accident at the fragrance dept. of your local department store, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It might send the wrong message, esp. when you are at work.

Latley, I\'ve been using two sprays of cologne per morning or useing aftershave along with my pheromones. So here is the question- There is aftershave, day use cologne (casual), and evening use cologne (formal). What is the difference betrween these? I mean, I would think that you put on an aftershave afer you shave, and most guys shave in the morning, but then if you put on an aftershave in the morning, and morning is the beginning of the day, when are you supposed to apply a casual day use cologne? Is it a social catastrophe to wear aftershave in the evening or formal cologne in the morning?

So if there is anywhere this question should be brought up, this forum seems like the best place. Just looking for the rules. Thanks for the input. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CptKipling
08-25-2003, 11:21 AM
For knowing how much cologne to apply, your own nose is the guide, and a bit of trial and error and experience. But you are on the mark with 1-2 sprays. If you are ever worried about scent OD, you can either wash some off or spend some time \"airing\" outside (no seriously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Prometheus
08-25-2003, 05:55 PM
1-2 sprays; great! Thanks for the advice, Captain.

DrSmellThis
08-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Perfume pros often say 3 sprays for a good perfume is standard.

Sexyredhead
08-27-2003, 06:25 AM
Really? Three sprays? Wow, that seems like a lot. I can wear three sprays if it\'s a light scent, but something like Angel? Maaaaaaaybe two sprays, and that with plenty of dry-down time before I go out.

franki
08-27-2003, 08:00 AM
I wonder how much Amouage Gold you wear, Doctor Smell This.

I get a headache from it even after two very light sprays from the sample bottle..

Elana
08-27-2003, 08:44 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I can wear three sprays if it\'s a light scent, but something like Angel? Maaaaaaaybe two sprays, and that with plenty of dry-down time before I go out

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
I wear three to four sprays of Angel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
08-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Elana, Angel is the perfect perfume for you because your beauty is like that of an Angel! Although you can be very naughty.

I ususally wear 3-4 sprays of Aqua di Gio, I think thats a good dosage and i get compliments all the time

Elana
08-27-2003, 09:00 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Elana, Angel is the perfect perfume for you because your beauty is like that of an Angel! Although you can be very naughty.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Thank you, Nate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Andy
08-27-2003, 10:35 AM
@Franki
I think \"misting\" Amouage is really enough. I usually spray one spray one arm lenght in front of me and walk through the cloud.

@Elana
Me luv da angel juice. Especially Angel and A*Man combined on two hot bodies that are really close to each other. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hotrocks5
08-27-2003, 12:13 PM
For most colognes, I usually use 3 to 4 sprays. But for some of the lighter smelling or weaker colognes, I don\'t know how many sprays to use. For example, Curve smells pretty nice, but it\'s so weak that it takes about 2 to 3 sprays just to equal one spray from most of my other colognes.

DrSmellThis
08-27-2003, 12:40 PM
I use in total about 3 sprays of Amouage, if I remember correctly; but I really use \"tiny-mini\" sprays to my chest and pits (a no-no for a professional perfumer, as pits change the smell to something other than the perfumer intended). For the rest, I spray in my hand (fingers area) and apply behind ears, to wrists, and to crotch/ass (again a big no-no, but my goals are different than the typical perfumer here.) Whatever is leftover gets spread first on the top of my arms, then rubbed all over the rest of my body. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And yes, I know this is a bit OCD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif