PDA

View Full Version : Question:

skeptic28
08-21-2003, 11:24 AM
I have question. What happenes if I met \"the one\" and I was using mones at the time. What would happen if I quit using them?? Would she have the same feelings twards me?

Holmes
08-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Very good question! (Sorry to be of no help whatsoever to ya, Skeptic, but I\'ve been wondering the same...) It\'s like, do you then have to keep using them in order to maintain that initial electricity...?

Holmes

CJ01
08-21-2003, 12:10 PM
I remember someone reporting (sorry It was AGES ago and I can´t remember who it was) that he had started seing a girl and whenever he didn´t use the mones on a date it just wasn´t working that well at all but when he did, everything was fine.
This doesn´t mean that this is always the case though but I really don´t know.

Another thing to consider is: what if you don´t hook up with `the one´ BECAUSE of the fact you´re using pheros? Even worse! ( I only just thought of this actually but I doubt it will ruin Bruces´business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )
CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icarus
08-21-2003, 12:18 PM
The initial electricity would fade over time anyway... Sadly, nothing will ever beat the thrill of the newness of another person.. (unless they get a limb amputated or suffer a personality altering affliction... then it\'s a whole new world for youz guyz!) - that thrill gets replaced by stuff that can be better - this is when you know you\'ve found a \'keeper\'!

Whoops... I realise that some of what I said might be considered in bad taste.

I also wondered about the whole - what if I meet someone I really do like; will it just be the phero\'s blahblahblah..

but when you think about it... you are unlikely to ever get a mutual feeling of any great strength from JUST the phero\'s. I think we are all aware that they aren\'t a magic potion to *trick* people into liking/desiring you.. they would be better described as a helping hand - like having a great haircut that really suits you.

How would you feel if your *TRUE LOVE* said:

\"Hmph..I\'m sorry it\'s not you, it\'s me\"

\"it\'s the mullet isn\'t it? You miss the old Mullet.. Oh Woe is me for having sheared the finest of Hair-Rock nostalgia to more closely resemble Justin Timberlake.\"

\"I\'m leaving now, Henry. I\'ll send for my things.\"

<camera pans out from above as Henry screams \"WHHHYYYY!\", clutching the ragged remains of his once-full mane of ManHair.>

Faid to black

Pheros will not replace personality. (was that my point?)
Oh, and to actually obtain that \'closeness\', you would need to have been at least slightly suited to each other (and for that \'closeness\' to have been a possibility in your future anyhow - I guess the pheros might help break the ice at first..... No more drivel - I\'ll shut up.

Steve

Holmes
08-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Well said, Icarus.</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />

&lt;camera pans out from above as Henry screams \"WHHHYYYY!\", clutching the ragged remains of his once-full mane of ManHair.&gt;

Faid to black

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

But still the burning question: what would he [/i]do[/i] with all that ManHair to win back her heart and ultimately claim her undying and everlasting devotion? (And no falling back on that rehashed Dr. Phil idea, either...)

Sequel in the works? Oh, the millions to be made. Thank you Miramax! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Holmes

Icarus
08-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Nothing... this tale of misfortune ultimately leads one to question one\'s own existance.. simply put, that we cannot rely upon a happy ending..

The shearing of Henrys hair harkens back to Samson and Delila - and could represent something of a form of castration for our male protagonist. Through self-mutilation of a very serious kind, (in the interest of improvement) Henry represents the struggle of our selfish self-remodelling and the time and energy it consumes in our lives, against the end result of such pursuits. Final isolation.

\"As the fevered sculptor tirelessly chips away at his block, seeking the true perfection that he knows lies with his medium; little does he realise that what has fallen has become gravel - base, useful for nothing but trampling upon - and can never be put back.\"

So too, does Henry recede.

Ah stuff it, you get the idea.. it\'s that old, old story:

Boy Meets Girl; Girl Likes Mullet; Girl Puts Out; Boy Gets All Excited And Tells Friends; Girl Mentions Slight Affection For Justin Timberlake; Guy Gets Moody; Girl Reassures Guy And Tells Him It\'s More Than Adequate, In Fact It\'s HUGE; Guy Not Convinced, cut\'s off Mullet; Guy Loses Girl.

Been told since the dawn of time, that has.

Steve

P.S. Can everyone tell that I\'ve had a long day, and am killing time until I sleep? I feel drained!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Holmes
08-21-2003, 12:54 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
\"As the fevered sculptor tirelessly chips away at his block, seeking the true perfection that he knows lies with his medium; little does he realise that what has fallen has become gravel - base, useful for nothing but trampling upon - and can never be put back.\"

Tonight on E! True Hollywood Stories: \"Richard Marx\"

Holmes

Sagacious1420
08-21-2003, 01:17 PM

Tonight on E! True Hollywood Stories: \"Richard Marx\"

Holmes

Was he one of the Marx bothers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Holmes
08-21-2003, 01:39 PM

Was he one of the Marx bothers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hmm. Not sure...though there certainly were elements of slapstick in his music. I think any ballyhoo over his bloodline was probably drowned out by the bad ballads and even worse hairdos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just kidding about the hairdos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Sexyredhead
08-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Well, it\'s really getting deep in this thread, isn\'t it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Better go get my shovel. Back shortly.

Pray, gentlemen, continue.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

manchorito
08-21-2003, 02:11 PM
If the girl still likes you without mones, she is the one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
08-21-2003, 02:16 PM
That\'s it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Icarus
08-21-2003, 02:42 PM
And if she can deal with the false beard fetish.

Holmes
08-21-2003, 02:45 PM
LOL.

Holmes

CptKipling
08-21-2003, 03:35 PM
I remember someone reporting (sorry It was AGES ago and I can´t remember who it was) that he had started seing a girl and whenever he didn´t use the mones on a date it just wasn´t working that well at all but when he did, everything was fine.

Another thing to consider is: what if you don´t hook up with `the one´ BECAUSE of the fact you´re using pheros? Even worse! ( I only just thought of this actually but I doubt it will ruin Bruces´business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )
CJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok to save you guys from your own wierdness... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have had the opposite experience, and I tend not to wear pheros all the time anyway (which I think is good practice). This has been talked about before (save the boo\'s for someone who cares!!).

The key point was (I think, if not it still works in this case anyway): Pheromones give you the edge, but you are still the blade.

Translation (for those more analogically inept amoung us): Pheromones give you that \"something extra\", a spark of interest, a rush of excitement, and an element of intrigue and mystery. But you are still the person that encompasses the things above (at least in her mind), and you have to live up to that, whether you are wearing pheros at the time or not.

CJ01
08-21-2003, 11:18 PM

Another thing to consider is: what if you don´t hook up with `the one´ BECAUSE of the fact you´re using pheros? Even worse! ( I only just thought of this actually but I doubt it will ruin Bruces´business )
CJ

Hey, the most important thing of what I had written is MISSING - HOW COME ?!?!?!!? I did have some problems last night with my browser but still, or has someone been messing around ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Could have been another thread but I don´t think so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif