PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here live in California? ....

CJ01
08-19-2003, 02:57 PM
...and in dire need of a .............date? check this out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030819/80/e6i1c.html (\"http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030819/80/e6i1c.html\")

belgareth
08-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Only in California! What a circus. \'Tis a nice place to be from.

Holmes
08-19-2003, 03:22 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Only in California! What a circus.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Schwarzeneggar for Governor! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Xehupatl
08-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Schwarzenegger for Governor!

Yessss! Mwaahahahhaa!

The Austrian Master Plan of slowly taking over the world is gaining momentum!
Soon, the whole planet will be OURS!

Mwhahahaahaaaaa!!!

Sagacious1420
08-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Seems to have her pussy in the right place...I mean, heart in the right place. She\'s as good a vote as anyone else...anyone else?

Holmes
08-20-2003, 07:32 AM
Schwarzenegger for Governor!

Yessss! Mwaahahahhaa!

The Austrian Master Plan of slowly taking over the world is gaining momentum!
Soon, the whole planet will be OURS!

Mwhahahaahaaaaa!!!

No, the HOLLYWOOD Master Plan! Soon the whole planet will be OURS! Mwahahahahaaaa! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

Mtnjim
08-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Well, I just mailed my $5000.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
08-20-2003, 09:09 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

tallmacky
08-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Holmes is that quote that you use from your signature from www.angryasianman.com (\"http://www.angryasianman.com\") It\'s a cool website, I like to see the updates on his \"blog\".

Holmes
08-20-2003, 10:42 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifHoly crap, dude! Busted! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yup, that\'s the one! Phil\'s a good guy.

Holmes

druid
08-20-2003, 12:53 PM
pretty damn pathetic of her to charge some poor shumk 5 G minimum (and even more pathetic for a guy to pay her) to go out with her. and then say no sex whatsoever. Then again she does want to become a politican.

CJ01
08-20-2003, 12:57 PM
why should she have sex with them?

druid
08-20-2003, 01:05 PM
I am not saying she should, but i think it is pretty pathetic for someone to pay someone 5 g\'s for a date.

CJ01
08-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Some people are just that desparate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and others just have that kind of dosh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

CJ01
08-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Another thought on the why pay for a date question: Why pay for a politician, I mean why date so much money fullstop. At least in this case they´re getting something in return for their money aren´t they?

druid
08-20-2003, 01:35 PM
i dunno. though most poltican\'s are bought, just not buy the citizens.

Whitehall
08-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Say what you will, the people who filed to stand for governor paid the state $700,000 in filing fees.

Surveys on the recall have 77% of the registered voters intending to vote. That\'s a very high number!

As I\'ve often said, in a democracy, if you want a better government, be a better citizen.

CJ01
08-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Well I just found something amusing on Arnold Schwarzenegger, the french seem to call him not Arnie but `Schwarzy´. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Kinda nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

druid
08-21-2003, 12:55 PM
but how much is the recall election costing the state of cali?

Whitehall
08-21-2003, 02:49 PM
The cost of the recall election has been estimated to be between $30 and $60 million or somewhere between 85 cents and $1.73 per Californian.

The polls show so many people intending to vote that the electorial machinery may be overloaded this time.

In any case, if a democracy can\'t afford to hold an election than things are much worst than we supposed. The state deficit is running about $80 million a day so an election is roughly a day\'s debt.

CJ01
08-21-2003, 11:23 PM
In any case, if a democracy can\'t afford to hold an election than things are much worst than we supposed

You mean like when Georgina knocked down the door to the White House? There was something seriously wrong in my opinion. ( Okay I don´t want to upset anyone honestly! )

But is he gonna be `re-voted´ in the next elections? Any thoughts?
CJ

Number0
08-22-2003, 02:27 AM
How many other States (or countries) have the \"recall\" clause?

I know that Venezuela has a mid-term referendum (put in their (new) constitition by Chavez to look more democratic, but it\'s now backfiring on him) that if the people express their disatisfaction with the executive there should be call for inmediate general elections.

belgareth
08-22-2003, 02:53 AM
What is it that Davis did to so inflame the people?

EXIT63
08-22-2003, 03:03 AM
Tax Spend
Tax Spend
Tax Spend
Tax Spend
Tax Spend
Tax Spend
Pander

belgareth
08-22-2003, 03:08 AM
That\'s nothing new. It was one of the primary reasons I moved out of that state. Are the people finally figuring out that more than half of their annual income goes to the government?

CJ01
08-22-2003, 04:09 AM
the germans know this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mtnjim
08-22-2003, 08:18 AM
\"What is it that Davis did to so inflame the people?\"

And the sad thing is people forget he \"inherited\" a lot of the problems from Pete Wilson. He just didn\'t know how to handle them.

CJ01
08-22-2003, 08:32 AM
who are you guys talking about?

Holmes
08-22-2003, 08:50 AM
\"What is it that Davis did to so inflame the people?\"

And the sad thing is people forget he \"inherited\" a lot of the problems from Pete Wilson. He just didn\'t know how to handle them.

Precisely.

Holmes

Mtnjim
08-22-2003, 09:12 AM
\"who are you guys talking about?\"

Pete Wilson was Governor prior to Gray Davis. His watch is where among other things the \"Electrical company deregulation\" occured and was so poorly designed that when it actually happened (on Davis\' watch) it caused soaring prices, shortages and price gouging.

He also faced a very week economy in the \'90\'s but I don\'t remember him being recalled. Guess that\'s because he is a Republican (but not in Florida).

Sagacious1420
08-22-2003, 11:25 AM
I was very lucky back when they had to resort to rolling blackouts, because of the state\'s energy crisis. I\'m on the same grid as the police/fire dept. and a state hospital, so I never got left in the dark. Regardless, it sure didn\'t help his popularity any, whether he was at fault or not.

Whitehall
08-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Wilson did what he needed to do. He handled his budget problems with honesty and firmness.

Davis is a liar, a liar, and a liar, dishonest to his core.

The legislature wrote and passed the electric deregulation law with little input from Wilson. The law was pushed through by Big Business to their own advantage. The author of the bill, Steve Peace, termed out and was appointed by Davis to be director of the state budget. Getting Peace off the state payroll is reason enough, in my opinion, to vote out Davis.

Holmes
08-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Me, I\'m votin\' for Gallagher.

Holmes

Whitehall
08-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Me, I\'m votin\' for Gallagher.

Holmes

That\'s just smashing!

Holmes