PDA

View Full Version : Who here is getting undeliverable mail?

darkness
08-19-2003, 02:33 PM
I got like 10 of them today and it has to do with a virus going around mail servers and sending undeliverable messages to everyone in email groups

Sagacious1420
08-19-2003, 02:53 PM
There do seem to be some viruses going around. Just be glad it\'s only your e-mail. I lost a big chunk of my work recently...got an IT friend poking around trying to (hopefully) fix the problem. Most everything seems to be working now, but I lost some vital work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Mostly my own fault. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I should be saving my work to disk more frequently, just because of this very thing. It sure is easy to delude yourself into believing that it could never happen to you, huh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You could say that I experienced a blackout of my own recently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

darkness
08-19-2003, 02:59 PM
i had the lvoeworm virus but did system restore and no problems. It was causing my computer to shut down after popping up wihta a 1 minute countdown.

It destroyed word files?

belgareth
08-19-2003, 03:17 PM
The undeliverable e-mails are caused by a virus that gets into your e-mail program and tries to send itself out to everybody in your address book. Get a good antivirus program and run it from the DOS prompt. That\'s the only way you will completely rid your self of it. It hides inside your e-mail client whenWindows is running.